• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Drivers] 2013 Asia open star destroyer

Jab022

So let me begin by saying I'm new here. Ive only been playing a little over a year and a half and when I first started playing disc golf, I found a disc that became my go to and have used it every time I've been out on the course. It was my first ace disc. I've searched the Internet time and time again on information about the disc but have came up short. Well yesterday I finally lost it in heavy foliage and searched with 4 other people till we finally gave up. I have got to get my hands on another one asap. Please help with any info or where I can find another. It's the yellow disc in the picture and was stamped star symbol/ds

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    142.5 KB · Views: 62
Another not so great photo of the disc.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 37
Discs like that are extremely rare(as I'm sure you found out). Best bet may be going to a used disc golf shop and trying to find a used star destroyer that feels close to that one. Do you remember the weight? There are a few Asia Open Dominator's on eBay, and a Japan Open Destroyer, but can't find any with that stamp and year, and that plastic.

I agree, go find a well used Star Destroyer. A new one will fly more OS. You could also try a new pro destroyer that may fly very similar to your lost one.

You can definitely put out a wanted ad here or on a FB group like DGCE. I used to have a stack of them, but sold them to random people here and there. It was another really cool Asia Open stamp, so I get it, if you prefer that stamp. If not, you can definitely find another Star Destroyer that feels equally grippy, stiffer plastic, with reasonable domes. Some of the newest star plastic, with McBeth stamps, is almost identical; just hand pick it in a store, or ask to see pics of the dome, if buying online. I found my swirly Wiggins Destroyer to have the same grip, stiffness, and dome as the AO ones. So, maybe the latest runs of Air Force-stamped swirly ones are the same, too.