• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2013 Memorial Championship

He's registered.

qPMx5.jpg

For those who've played or watched say the previous 4 yrs Memorial layouts, have there been hole tweaks every year? And if so, only at Vista?

I've watched the footage but can't remember it all, imagine that.

layout has not changed, they have used "riser" elevated baskets on two different holes for the last few years. the trees get bigger every year.

For those who've played or watched say the previous 4 yrs Memorial layouts, have there been hole tweaks every year? And if so, only at Vista?

I've watched the footage but can't remember it all, imagine that.

Yes, there have been a few minor changes. Off the top of my head that were in effect last year:

Fountain Hills: Order of holes changes to regular 14->18->17->15->16

Hole 3 (extra hole): On a high basket

Hole 8 (regular hole7): Hole has been lengthened, basket in on peninsula typically used for regular hole 8.

Hole 12: Basket on riser.

Hole 14: Hole shortened slightly and to the right. Basket under olive tree.

Vista Del Camino
: I believe the order will be changed to old 7->9->10->11->12->8->13

Hole 4: Basket slightly longer and to the right

Hole 5: Basket on a riser

Hole 18: Basket on a riser

That is all I can think of. I'm sure I missed something.

Baskets went in last night on the south side of Vista! I shot a -7 out there last night.

Nice. Can't wait to get the first practice in, I did surprisingly well on the back 6 during the Shelly, hopefully I won't blow it on hole F

Word. I think I took a 6 and a 7 on that ****ing hole. It's named hole F for a reason.

i'm registered but not 100% i'm playing. where is the cheapest place to stay?

I want some goodies if someone will get them for me i can pay cash $$$$

I may be able to help you out. When tournament time gets closer, let me know what it is that you want. Admittedly, most of my time and energy right now is being focused on preparing for the tournament, but I can probably visit the flymart for you.

The best time this year and next year and the best organization to host the 2014 Memorial Cup.

Thanks for the updates Hammer.
What is hole F? Is this a temp? or hole that I can see a pic or video of?

We call it hole F, because the Shelly Sharpe Memorial plays the regular 18 holes at Vista plus the extra 6 on the south side of Roosevelt, which are designated by letters. It is Memorial hole 12, otherwise known as the "Damn Hole". In the video Borg makes it look easy, but this hole ends up biting a lot of people. You can see it at 2:51 of this video:

Hole F would be the Damn Hole correct? (last years Shelly they changed the order)
I've always played it as an AM, so we throw from the pro drop zone.

Basically you have to throw to an elevated basket on top of a "dam"
The tricky part is there is a huge tree right in front of you, that forces RHBH throwers to throw a turnover over the water if they want to go for 2. I believe you can play safe and throw to the right (towards the DZ). To top it off they put the basket on a riser :)

Latest posts