• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2013 Pro Worlds at Lemon Lake

7 has early trouble that might cause problems.

Ragna looks like she's having the most fun or at least has the best attitude out there.

From spectating yesterday, I'd give "fun" or "good sport" points to Barsby (despite being really unhappy with his afternoon round - glad he did well this morning) and Finley, among others.

7 has early trouble that might cause problems.

It ate alive the bottom-tier MPM card I watched throw on it. Total schadenfreude! I think only one of four made it through, and he got really lucky to do it.

Looks like the women handled it much better. Three two's, only one four, on the top two cards.

From spectating yesterday, I'd give "fun" or "good sport" points to Barsby (despite being really unhappy with his afternoon round - glad he did well this morning) and Finley, among others.

Barsby definitely has the most fun out of anybody out there. he may visible show frustration in his face but there is always laughter and jokes coming out of it.

I was thinking risk/reward. Easy 3, and easy for an attempt at a deuce to turn into a 4. Or worse.

Laying up from the schule gives plenty of opportunity to execute the skill of short placement shots. That is a real DG skill that top players need to master.

100' layups off the tee as a strategy is not good championship golf nor is it entertaining to watch.

Is there a reason the circle isn't painted around the baskets? I just realized I've seen multiple players walking off their lie. Seems like it's too big of an event to leave to footsteps.

Is there a reason the circle isn't painted around the baskets? I just realized I've seen multiple players walking off their lie. Seems like it's too big of an event to leave to footsteps.

5 courses x 18 baskets = a lot of paint and time. Players are used to making the call on 10m themselves.

Laying up from the schule gives plenty of opportunity to execute the skill of short placement shots. That is a real DG skill that top players need to master.

100' layups off the tee as a strategy is not good championship golf nor is it entertaining to watch.

Exactly, entertaining golf is watching them go for it and get bogeys like us common folk!

When circles get painted, do they become official? Or in principle do the players still have to measure?

But, it's true. Some courses paint them. I saw zero painted at Lemon. I heard one MPO player ask "am I outside the circle". I only saw a couple pacing off putts (I didn't know that was allowed!), and the one I remember best was well outside the circle.

When circles get painted, do they become official? Or in principle do the players still have to measure?

But, it's true. Some courses paint them. I saw zero painted at Lemon. I heard one MPO player ask "am I outside the circle". I only saw a couple pacing off putts (I didn't know that was allowed!), and the one I remember best was well outside the circle.

Allowed if they can do it within their 30 seconds, which usually isn't a problem.

People who look at numbers only and decide if a hole is good or not make me mad.

For US Masters this year we were worried about a few holes, so we did a test run event and did all the data. But this was after knowledge of the course and everything.

A fewholes where better than we thought. However a few, the data confirmed a tweak was needed.

Catrina has the pink skirt. Ragna has the khaki/white shorts. Problem solved.

Exactly, entertaining golf is watching them go for it and get bogeys like us common folk!

If someone offers you a chance to design a course, please decline. None of the top designers would agree with your opinions on this topic.

Latest posts