• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2013 St. Louis Open (A-Tier)

stubborn puppet

Birdie Member
Silver level trusted reviewer
2013StLouisOpen_Color_600px_zpsf9fba425.png

The River City Flyers present:
The 2013 St. Louis Open

This year, the event may be later than it's normal schedule... but it's shaping up to be the biggest and best St. Louis Open EVER! Check out all of the details below (especially the players pack) and then head over to The St. Louis Disc Golf Club Pro Shop and get registered before it fills up!

ENTRY FEES

- Entry Fee will be $100 for ALL PROS and $60 for ALL AMS.

PLAYER'S PACKS

- The AM Player's Pack will this year will be AWESOME! We expect the value of the Player's Pack to exceed the entry fee by quite a bit. The value should easily be $100 or more! Unlike some other events that you might have attended, whatever value we declare in the end will be an honest declaration. The St. Louis Disc Golf Club has always prided itself in not inflating the value to garner attention. Some highlights include:

- Tournament T-Shirt - the shirt is being partially sponsored by Dynamic Discs. It will be a Dri-Fit shirt with the tournament logo on one side and a Dynamic Discs logo on the other. EVERYONE that pre-registers will get a Dri-Fit. If you do not pre-register (meaning that you sign up during Check-In or the morning of), you will not get a shirt.
- Tournament stamped Dynamic Discs Fuzion Disc (mix of drivers and midranges)
- Tournament stamped Innova Disc (Roc3, Ontario Star Roc, KC Pro Roc, TFR Flat Top KC Pro Roc, Champion Tern, Metal Flake Tern)
- Tournament stamped Discraft Disc (mix of drivers and midranges)
- Tournament stamped Gateway Disc (Specialty Run Wizard)
- Schlafly logo stamped Disc (a sweet ultra-lightweight Gateway putter perfect for playing catch)
- Aluminum water bottle
- 24 oz. Koozie that fits around the water bottle or a South County Oat Soda
- Scorecard Clipboard - similar to the one given out a couple of years ago, except this one will be custom CNC milled to fit inside of a Gateway putter
- Erasable Scorecard - similar to the one given out last year, except with different graphics
- Tournament Pencil Set
- Tournament Sticker
- Player's Handbook with all of the pertinent information for the entire weekend
- Meal Ticket (professionally catered this year) for the Saturday evening Player's Party
- Various other swag items (more stickers, koozies, etc.)

As you can tell, with 5 discs and a bunch of killer swag this is already sizing up to be quite the haul! It will be well worth the entry fee alone! And unlike some other events this year, we will NEVER make the STLO trophy only! There will still be the normal payouts for all of the AM divisions too (including baskets for some division winners)!

For all of the PRO divisions, you will also receive a Gift Pack. You will get some of the choice items that were outlined above (just not ALL of them). You will also have the option of pre-registering to get a Dri-Fit shirt. Trust me, you won't be disappointed! Not many events, other than NT or MAJORS, treat the PROs as well as we do!

COURSES

We will be utilizing 5 courses this year. Everyone will get to play 3 different courses over the period of the weekend. Which courses you play will depend on what division you are in. The details of this will be disclosed once the official flyer is released. The courses that will be used:
- Endicott Park (Tournament Central)
- Jefferson Barracks Historic Park
- Sioux Passage Park
- Rock Spring Park
- Carrollton Park (new course built on a suburban landscape like no other)

FRIDAY ACTIVITIES

Lars from LSDiscs will be running the Bring Your Own Partner doubles event at Endicott Park on Friday afternoon. Come check in, get your Player's Pack, and get a little fun competition in at the same time!

2013STLOFlyer_zps475999cc.jpg

I'm hoping Nikko comes to defend his hometown tittle.:thmbup: Even if some of the other pros are going elsewhere. Should be a great event. Just curious but when can this become an NT event? Not to familiar with how that happens.

Last edited:
Sounds like a great event! Unfortunately, I'm staying local and playing the Charlotte Amateur Championships that weekend. Have a great tourney!

Hey everybody, just wanted to report on another opportunity for this years St. Louis Open.

The River City Flyers is offering an opportunity to sponsor any of the holes on any of the five courses. For a measly $20, you can put an advertisement for you or your business of choice on an 8.5" x 11" professionally printed, laminated sign. These signs will then be prominantly posted at the tee for the hole you sponsored, for all to see.

This is a cheap and effective way to promote just about anything and will be seen by hundreds of players and as many spectators (there's always a pretty big crowd spectating at the St. Louis Open).

Thanks everyone, get registered soon as we're starting to fill up... and you know you want that players pack.

Here's the link for registration: http://stlouisdiscgolfclub.com/proshop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=25&zenid=efd92a55e5e7e27ac36b3304bb93b32e

You can buy a hole sponsorship when you register or you can contact me about it separately: [email protected]

Last edited:
Just a quick update.

To assuage any concerns about Carrollton Park DGC being unusable due to damage from the tornado (Friday, May 31), the course itself is fine. Local club members are working hard, daily, to clean up fallen trees and other debris to make sure it is clean and looks good for the St. Louis Open players. If you haven't played this course before, it is truly "one-of-a-kind" - built where, just a few years ago, a full suburban neighborhood used to stand. The houses, driveways and other structures have all been removed and planted over... but you can still almost feel them there. The fairways take players across the tiered, landscaped lots of the yards. The streets create the OB's as if they were rivers running through the course. Not only is the course really unique, it is technical and it is l.o.n.g.! The total layout length for the Open totals almost 10,000 ft.

Also, I don't think I mentioned that the RCF always breaks out an amazing array of side games for the open. You'll find driving competitions, placement competitions, putting challenges... etc. - there's always something going on to entertain and have fun with between and after the rounds (plenty of opportunities to make some extra money).

The St. Louis Disc Golf Club, The Sharpshooters DG Club and LSDiscs (possibly others) will have our respective stores set up as well. The St. Louis Disc Golf Club has one of the largest selections of DG merchandise around as it is, so there will be no chance of not finding what you're looking for.

The RCF will also have ridiculously good deals on a great selection of limited edition "St. Louis Open" Dri-Fit shirts available for sale, in all sizes and styles. You cannot find better prices on high quality dri-fit shirts anywhere - I've looked.

Anyhow, please come to St. Louis for the event this year and show some love and support for all the volunteers who've put in countless hundreds of hours this year to help make it all happen.

Back again with a little teaser... some pics of a few of the items from the player's packs :clap:

Innova Stamps, Discraft Supercolors and Dynamic Discs Dri-Fit shirts.

Stay tuned for more pics as items arrive!!!

InnovaStamps01_zpsd6dee840.jpg

DiscraftSuperColors01_zps036891c8.jpg

DDShirt01_zps87f869de.jpg

Sweet! I just registered. Coming from Cincinnati. Will be my first real visit to St. Louis (passed through a couple times). Excited.

Sweet! I just registered. Coming from Cincinnati. Will be my first real visit to St. Louis (passed through a couple times). Excited.

Definitely, if you can, plan on arriving a day early or staying a day late to check out some of the other cool courses in the area.

Everyone needs to see "The Cave" at Crystal City Underground (36 holes of disc golf, laser tag, a bar, etc. in a cave).

This weekend a new course in the area is opening. Indian Camp Creek Park in St. Charles County is a new championship course in an epic landscape that will become legendary.

I know there's plenty of folks, myself included, who would be happy to show out-of-towners around.

Registration is filling up quick...

No. The course has not been played by anyone but the designers and the work crews until... right now. Those folks have been busting hump out there for a long time to get it made, so I doubt they've had much time to get around to that yet. It's an incredibly ambitious course build - as there was a huge amount of tree and brush clearing, extensive landscaping and challenging construction involved. In fact, this is a course that will still take years to come for it to realize it's full vision.

We hope that it can be a part of the St. Louis Open in the coming years.

Event Update

Last night, while a dedicated crew of 17 held an assembly line party to put together the amazing players packs, we received word that Nikko Locastro and Devan Owens will be attending this year's STLO and will be putting on a clinic during the Player's Party Saturday evening. This clinic will be free and available to anyone that would like to pick up some tips from two of the hottest touring pros this year!

Nikko would also like to offer a more in depth and personal clinic on Friday. This will be a paid clinic, but I am sure that anyone that participates will get their money's worth. We will be posting the full details once Nikko and Devan hammer out the specifics. This will be a great chance to improve your game and help out a couple of touring pros with a little extra gas money!

Player's Pack official contents:

- Custom, 2013 St. Louis Open Dri-Fit (moisture wicking) T-shirt in your choice of Red, Burnt Orange or Olive Green (all sizes available, but try to come early to ensure the perfect size and color) EVERYONE that pre-registers will get a Dri-Fit. If you do not pre-register (meaning that if you sign up during Check-In or the morning of), you will not get a shirt.

- Stock stamped Dynamic Discs Fuzion Disc (mix of drivers and midranges and the plastic is amazing)

- Tournament stamped Innova Disc (Roc3, Ontario Star Roc, KC Pro Roc, TFR Flat Top KC Pro Roc, Champion Tern, Metal Flake Tern, Star Destroyer and some really rare Blizzard/Champ hybrid Katanas in the 150-160 weights)

- Tournament stamped Discraft Disc (10 yr Buzzz, Nuke, Zombee, Drone in Z, ESP, and Cryztal plastics (a few Elite X Buzzz mixed in for good measure too))

- Tournament stamped Gateway Disc (super grippy black RFF Wizard, again, amazing plastic on this run)

- Schlafly logo stamped Disc (a sweet ultra-lightweight Gateway Wizard perfect for playing catch and warming up, and they fly just like a normal weight wizard, a real treat)

- 24 oz. Aluminum water bottle

- 24 oz. Koozie that fits around the water bottle or a South County Oat Soda

- Scorecard Clipboard custom milled to tuck right inside a putter

- Erasable Scorecard

- Tournament Pencil Set

- Tournament Sticker (very nice quality)

- Player's Guide with all of the pertinent information for the entire weekend, a history of past St. Louis Open results and detailed, step-by-step directions to and from every course to another

- Meal Ticket (professionally catered this year) for the Saturday evening Player's Party

- Various other swag items (more stickers, koozies, etc.)

Not in the players pack, but there will be tons of opportunities to win a 2013 St. Louis Open Supercolor. These are a very unique Buzzz that came in around the 170-173 weight and have a slightly domey top.

You'll also get multiple opportunities to win a tournament supercolor mini.

There will also be a bagillion premium CTP's as our sponsors have provided us with a massive supply of valuable goodies. Some examples: Full size Zanfel tubes, limited edition Supercolors from Discraft, high quality caps, dri-fit shirts, premium plastic and more.

I'll be back tomorrow to post some more pictures of the items in the packs and some great moments from the assembly party. I'll try to leave out the ones from late in the evening where some of us felt the need to get a little nude. ;)

Here is your 2013 St. Louis Open Player's Pack.

PlayersPack2013_02_750px_zpsaf0b1e87.jpg

I'm still waiting on pics from the party...

AMENDMENT!!!

In my excitement, I included the SuperColor and mini in the picture of the players pack. The SuperColor and Mini are NOT actually in the players pack... but there are well over 100 of them available to be given away as CTP's, for winning your card on a round and in side games. You can also just buy one at the event.

What is NOT in the picture is one of the Dynamic Disc "Fusion" series discs that you will get. So, still 5 discs, just not the SuperColor.

Sorry for any confusion.