• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2013 USADGC - June 7-9 - Toboggan, MI

jfrosty42

$5?! Maaaannnnn...
http://www.usadgc.com
http://www.pdga.com/tournament_results/99301

Couldn't find a thread, so I figured I'd start one.

Anyone going? Highly recommend tourney for anyone that has qualified. The players pack alone is worth the entry.. not to mention you get to play at Toboggan at one of the best run tourneys. I plan on registering May 1st since I'm not qualified (haven't played a tourney since 2011). Pumped! It's nice when your parents house is 20 minutes from the course. :thmbup:

I was just looking at the prereg list, and there's someone registered that's a pro.. accepted cash in March. How are they in the tourney?

I don't think I'll be making it this year :(
As much as I love this tourney and wish I could be there, it's not going to fit my schedule/finances.

I haven't qualified anywhere yet, but assuming there are spots left when they open it up May 1st I plan on signing up.

Thinking about going this year, for the third time; I'm qualified and have a paid spot. it's such a hard one to NOT go to if you have the chance ... now if I can only avoid cashing in MPM prior to June LOL

I was just looking at the prereg list, and there's someone registered that's a pro.. accepted cash in March. How are they in the tourney?

Steven Jacobs did not accept cash at that tourney. I don't know why the PDGA page says he did. He walked out of that tourney with a stack of plastic. I'll have to talk to Dana to make sure the paperwork was submitted correctly.

Steven Jacobs did not accept cash at that tourney. I don't know why the PDGA page says he did. He walked out of that tourney with a stack of plastic. I'll have to talk to Dana to make sure the paperwork was submitted correctly.

Glad somebody's got my back! :hfive:

Word.

Although I do somewhat feel weird for reclassifying, there's absolutely nothing wrong with what I've done. I moved to the mountains in CO in late 2011 and hardly played. Both winters I lived up there (11/12, 12/13), I didn't play from October-April.. at all. During the summer, I didn't play nearly as much since there was hardly any decent golf within an hour. I moved down the Denver area a few weeks ago and have since gotten back into dg. 3 weeks ago was my first round since October. My fundamentals are nowhere near where they were 2 years ago. Also, I want to play am nats (20 minutes from my parents house). Gives me a reason to head back to Michigan and play some courses that have trees (no offense Colorado) and see some people I haven't seen in years.

Bottom line - people can give me as much **** as they want. I couldn't care less what people think.

Surprised you would be bringing that up considering you have been accepting cash since what 2010?
http://www.pdga.com/player_stats/48262/2011

Surprised you would be bringing that up considering you have been accepting cash since what 2010?
http://www.pdga.com/player_stats/48262/2011

Rules are rules, you can be reclassified as Am if you haven't taken cash in a full year and rating is under 970. No question since last info is from 2011, as long as all steps to request reclassification have been taken. He was questioning a "taking cash" 2 months ago, big difference.

"I am currently listed as a pro player but want to reclassify as an amateur. How can I go about doing this?

Please contact the PDGA office with your request for reclassification at [email protected]. Pro players can reclassify as amateurs provided they meet the following criteria:
1) The player has not accepted cash while competing in a Professional division within the past calendar year

2) The player has not previously been reclassified as an Amateur within the past five years.

3) The player's rating is less than 970 for males who are Open age players (less than 40 during calendar year)"

Thinking about going this year, for the third time; I'm qualified and have a paid spot. it's such a hard one to NOT go to if you have the chance ... now if I can only avoid cashing in MPM prior to June LOL

Cash all you want. Just accept plastic in lieu of moolah.

Still contemplating this one. Although I *did* just get a nice Federal Tax refund check. :)

Dang it Ken, DO IT! There is this little French Cafe in Milford. Makes the BEST Crepes. Just that place alone is well worth the trip.

Dang it Ken, DO IT! There is this little French Cafe in Milford. Makes the BEST Crepes. Just that place alone is well worth the trip.
Hey, I want some crepes! What's the name of this place? :D

FINE. Is this a family vacay for you? Need a lodging partner?

Or does anyone else need a hotel roommate for a few days?

Latest posts