• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2013 Vibram Open

It was a tough business model to maintain. the 2 guys (Boz and Billy) lived 4 hours a part and DVD's are a dieing medium. i am not sure how the Clash model would have evolved into the streaming video age we are in now. It was a bummer for me because like i said Boz is too talented to not be involved in the sport on a national level.
They could have (and still can) easily moved those DVD's online to a PPV/VOD type system through any of the popular streaming sites.

YES. People would have pirated them. But people can just as easily pirate DVD's. And I have yet to be able to find any of the Clash DVD's on any torrent trackers. The demand really isn't high enough for it to make much of a difference IMO.

Right now they have a bunch of content sitting on a dying medium that is making zero money (unsold DVD's). It would be silly of them to not, at least, try to make a couple more bucks out of it by getting it all online.

They could have (and still can) easily moved those DVD's online to a PPV/VOD type system through any of the popular streaming sites.

YES. People would have pirated them. But people can just as easily pirate DVD's. And I have yet to be able to find any of the Clash DVD's on any torrent trackers. The demand really isn't high enough for it to make much of a difference IMO.

Right now they have a bunch of content sitting on a dying medium that is making zero money (unsold DVD's). It would be silly of them to not, at least, try to make a couple more bucks out of it by getting it all online.
Is the money worth the time is the issue i would assume. Boz has a real job.

Is the money worth the time is the issue i would assume. Boz has a real job.
good point.

it really wouldn't take much time to export out web-friendly versions of the DVD's and do the uploading. i can't imagine it would net a loss for him... but i have no clue about the financials that have already been sunk into this. perhaps at this point they have just cut their losses and moved on.

still hoping that they show up on the web someday. good DG content.

Here are my thoughts on the downfall of Clash DVDs

cocaines-a-hell-of-a-drug.jpg

dude is just a jag. has no idea what he is talking about. probably just basing everything off of rumors from uninformed people. Glad to see you finally doing the commentating. its so much better when the commentator is actually with the card.
Good work and see you at Sandy

Not only is he a jag, but he's now over on DGR looking for support.

unclemercy on DGR said:
need i really elaborate on why tdogg is such a joke?

Come on, unclemercy. Stop avoiding being called out and break down why someone who's given so much of his life to work to grow the sport is a joke...

it was don smith. like halfway thru the third day. is hole thirteen downhill into the woods at the end like +\-330'?

anyways yeah that one. it was during a long break where tdogg was talking garbage and just rambling on about things while they thought they were in commercial. theres comments about it earlier in the thread. search the word awful i think.

he was just clowning tho. everyone clowns tdogg. contrary to the consensus here hes a joke.

Since your obviously going to have a flood of signature disc requests after this revelation; Ive created your first logo free of charge.

picture.php
[/IMG]

Latest posts