• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2014 Discraft Ace Race

Sure, but better decisions can be made.

At your kids birtday party you can serve pizza or you can serve spaghetti. Both are good, but one is a better, more appealing choice.

To you maybe.

I was just thinking the other day I would like to replace my Sidewinders with something a little longer and made by Discraft. An Avenger SS would be okay and a Nuke SS is just too fast so it sounds like the AR disc may just fit the bill perfectly. I know I am going to try it.

Glad to see them going back to the hat as the main extra swag. Been awhile since they did it and I can use another one.

Yep, the swag looks good. I'm sure I'll play 1 or 2 and probably sign my son up for at least one.

2014_pp_lg.jpg

Here's your player pack:

Two Z line prototype distance drivers
One premium Buzzz disc golf towel
One Discraft classic sandwich cap
One mini marker disc
One Ace Race flying skull bag tag
One flying skull sticker
One PDGA membership discount coupon
A $65 value! All this is included when you play in your local Ace Race

Here's your player pack:

Two Z line prototype distance drivers
One premium Buzzz disc golf towel
One Discraft classic sandwich cap
One mini marker disc
One Ace Race flying skull bag tag
One flying skull sticker
One PDGA membership discount coupon
A $65 value! All this is included when you play in your local Ace Race

Huge Discraft fan, hella disappointed by this crappy swag...
2 discs and a ****load of useless crap! No thanks...
Legacy challenge just started looking better!

Huge Discraft fan, hella disappointed by this crappy swag...
2 discs and a ****load of useless crap! No thanks...
Legacy challenge just started looking better!

I would disagree. Discraft is $5 cheaper. The hat alone is as good or better than the cheap dri fit shirt that Legacy gives out. Side note, the 2013 Vibram Birdie Bash shirt was the bomb.

Thirdsies on the BB shirts. I still wear mine, and I don't even throw any Vibram.

This players pack is a tremendous value. I don't see how anyone could be disappointed. A hat, a sweet looking towel, a mini, a bag tag and a membership coupon? Even if it's five dollars off a membership, that a heck of a value even without two prototype drivers.

I am now very excited for this event.

I think the player pack this year is great. I like hats. As a TD I asked my players what they would want for the post-event survey and most of them said a hat, shirt or towel. Got 2 out of 3 this year. You can't expect much else since it's only a $25 entry fee. All the beginners loved the stuff last year and thought they were getting more than their money's worth.

All TDs out there: remember to submit a video of your event after you finish. Mine was selected to win a free chainstar last year!

I would disagree. Discraft is $5 cheaper. The hat alone is as good or better than the cheap dri fit shirt that Legacy gives out. Side note, the 2013 Vibram Birdie Bash shirt was the bomb.

I seriously doubt that a crappy hat is better that a dri-fit. Do you have 1st hand evidence that the Legacy dri-fit is, as you say "cheap"? Is it not possible that the Legacy dri-fit is as good as Vibram's? :confused:
And yes, I do have reason to believe the hat is "crap", they refer to it as "sandwich style" which means "one size fits all". I only wear fitted hats because only fitted hats are comfortable. A tee shirt or dri-fit would be way more desirable than an uncomfortable hat! :wall:
A towel and mini are redundant as I already have more that I need of both. Play a few tourneys and they're practically thrown at you. :doh:
Stickers and bag tags are equally useless crap too. :mad:
Last year's reusable scorecards were useful as was the koozie. :thmbup:
And $5 less expensive is relative to location. I can walk to the local Legacy Challenge in about 4 minutes, but would have to drive 15 miles to AceRace, effectively eliminating the $5 savings.
I like my Discraft plastic, but they're not the only discs in my bag...

I for one am pumped. I have never done an Ace Race and am working on filling some holes in my bag so these discs could be the answer. To each his own I guess

I seriously doubt that a crappy hat is better that a dri-fit. Do you have 1st hand evidence that the Legacy dri-fit is, as you say "cheap"? Is it not possible that the Legacy dri-fit is as good as Vibram's? :confused:
And yes, I do have reason to believe the hat is "crap", they refer to it as "sandwich style" which means "one size fits all". I only wear fitted hats because only fitted hats are comfortable. A tee shirt or dri-fit would be way more desirable than an uncomfortable hat! :wall:
A towel and mini are redundant as I already have more that I need of both. Play a few tourneys and they're practically thrown at you. :doh:
Stickers and bag tags are equally useless crap too. :mad:
Last year's reusable scorecards were useful as was the koozie. :thmbup:
And $5 less expensive is relative to location. I can walk to the local Legacy Challenge in about 4 minutes, but would have to drive 15 miles to AceRace, effectively eliminating the $5 savings.
I like my Discraft plastic, but they're not the only discs in my bag...

I do have a Legacy dri fit from their event. It is very similar to the Vibram Birdie Bash 2014 shirt (not the 2013 next level shirt), which is the same A4 dri fit that Paragon uses. They are cheap. I also have some Discraft hats from the 2009 and 2010 Ace Race, while they are not fitted, they are still nice. In my opinion, the hat is better than the cheap dri fit shirt.