• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2014 Discraft Ace Race

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410702270.207470.jpg

The caps are pretty good quality, we got a number of color combinations.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410702307.645463.jpg
The towel is much larger than I thought. It's very nice.

Man I had completely forgotten about that this weekend, I was wanting to go! Glad you won it, I saw the post about the win on their FB page. Guess I'll roll on back there next year.

BTW, when is the next tournament down there?

I have no idea, probably around the same timeframe.

The discs are definitely domey. I helped the local TD assemble players packs today. Definitely similar to a Roadrunner, but with more dome.

Now that I think about it, it DOES feel like a Roadrunner w/ more dome. I would say its a touch more stable than a roadrunner and has more glide.

The Ace Race in Nacogdoches this weekend was awesome, great group, everyone had an excellent attitude and had a great time. I've been to events where the competition overrode the fun, this was the opposite.

The trophy disc is rad. I will take a pic in a bit. ;) I will hang it next to towel (which was too nice to use in my opinion). The towel is huge, and is more like a small banner.

Good to know. How many are you guys expecting tomorrow, Chris?

Unfortunately, turn out wasn't great. We could have done a better job of promoting it. I also know that a bunch of locals were checking out the brand new Centennial Park course in Mission today.

IMG_20140914_18463_edit_1410746243715.jpg

Booyah! The pic is big, but it's glorious. It's a Supercolor Buzzz.

Discraft got back with me this morning. I've got the missing discs on my way, and a tracking number. They were awesome to deal with.

Played the October 4th one at Silver Creek in Manitowoc, WI. It was my second Ace Race of the year and I did much worse than the first. :) However, it was pretty much just the full course in short position, aside from a handful of changes.

The winner (with 2 aces) handed my son an ESP Comet out of his prize pack. I think that was the highlight of every AR I've played to date! Cool dude, for sure. I think he gave the other couple of kids that attended a disc, as well.

The ace race this year was awesome. This was my fourth year at the event and this disc is so much better then the Zeppelin, Zombee, or Mantis. First disc from the event that has a shot to make my bag. The cap is awesome, went with the red. I love the towel and it looks so good clipped onto my bag. The mini will just stay in my closet while the bag tag will be on my bag!

I'm lovin' this year's disc as well. I've brought it with me on some trips where I only throw 4 or 5 discs in the car, and it has quickly become a favorite. I wish I could have used it in the C-tier I played last weekend. I also like the Zombee from a couple of years ago, but this one is the best from the four or five years I've played the Ace Race.

Latest posts