• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2014 Discraft Ace Race

Is the towel and hat of good quality or are they thin and flimsy? The lanyard from the Trilogy Challenge is thin. The metal clip is about as thick as a piece of aluminium foil folded a couple of times. I don't think it would last long holding keys or something with any weight at all.

The towel is quite nice - large and it seems to soak up water pretty well (it was pouring rain part of the time when I did the Race). It doesn't have a clip or lanyard, however, and that would be my only criticism. There's like a loop of light fabric for attachment to a bag which doesn't look like it'll stay for very long. Overall I really like the towel.

The hat is pretty much a garden-variety cloth golf hat with a velcro adjustable back. Nothing fancy.

The towel is quite nice - large and it seems to soak up water pretty well (it was pouring rain part of the time when I did the Race). It doesn't have a clip or lanyard, however, and that would be my only criticism. There's like a loop of light fabric for attachment to a bag which doesn't look like it'll stay for very long. Overall I really like the towel.

The hat is pretty much a garden-variety cloth golf hat with a velcro adjustable back. Nothing fancy.

Is the hat canvas or twill?

Gotta be honest, I'm not really sure if I know the difference. :D

I'll try to post a couple pics tomorrow.

Canvas are the flatter more cloth like material, twill would be closer to wool maybe denim.

Mostly affects the dome on the hat, the twill ones will have a mesh behind them and stick up higher, the canvas ones will fit your scalp better.

If you cant tell don't worry I think I will be joining the one in our area either way.

Well, based on that description, it's definitely canvas. Flatter on the top, it's not a trucker hat if that's what you mean by twill.

Hats are 100% cotton, classic Discraft sandwich style cap (named for the contrasting color "sandwiched" in the bill of the cap) that have been around for years. Never really thought of them as canvas, but I guess that's what they are.

They're quite soft, comfy and breathe well. Still have mine from the 2009 Ace Race and love it. I chuck mine in the laundry every once in a while, still doing OK.

Same as this, but says Play Disc Golf instead of Ultimate. Choice of several colors available...

Attachments

• Cap.jpg
    Cap.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
I'm doing a bad job of describing lol, not a trucker mesh.

More like fresh gangster hat that sticks way up off your head vs. something like this:

image_zpsa542345a.jpg

Towel's sweet, waffle weave, doesn't grab burrs, leaves and twigs like microfiber, yet seems pretty absorbent and nice sized. There's a loop sewn to the towel for you to use your own clip/biner.

I could give two $hits about the sticker, bag tag, mini, and other stuff, but two Z discs, a premium towel and hat are well worth the money. Oh yeah, and it's fun. :)

I've played in non sanctioned tourneys that were the some price with no players pack, I'm probably going to do the Oregon Park one in a couple of weeks. Should be a lot of fun!

Won the Ace Race today, it was VERY Windy and I only had to get an ace and three metal hits to tie for 1st place. Got the win on a CTP by about 3ft~. Had so much fun and would've said the same thing if I had lost. Also got my first ace ever!

Congrats! I am glad you enjoyed it and came out with the win.

What were your thoughts on the disc?

It's definitely a longer avenger ss, the disc will glide for days. I had to "fan" grip it almost on every hole or I would've overthrown it each time. Very fast off the fingers, at times I thought there was some sort of propulsion system on it lol. I do like it and will bag it to test it on full power throws.

Won the Ace Race today, it was VERY Windy and I only had to get an ace and three metal hits to tie for 1st place. Got the win on a CTP by about 3ft~. Had so much fun and would've said the same thing if I had lost. Also got my first ace ever!

Man I had completely forgotten about that this weekend, I was wanting to go! Glad you won it, I saw the post about the win on their FB page. Guess I'll roll on back there next year.

BTW, when is the next tournament down there?

It's definitely a longer avenger ss, the disc will glide for days. I had to "fan" grip it almost on every hole or I would've overthrown it each time. Very fast off the fingers, at times I thought there was some sort of propulsion system on it lol. I do like it and will bag it to test it on full power throws.

Thank you. I look forward to getting mine in a couple of weeks.

The discs are definitely domey. I helped the local TD assemble players packs today. Definitely similar to a Roadrunner, but with more dome.

I got my players packs in Friday. after checking it all out I'm 10 discs short. Everything else has the proper amounts (caps, towels, minis and what all), just missing ten discs. I'm gonna get on the horn with them Monday and get those shipped right away.