• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2014 Glass Blown Open

My take on the tie breakers.

Once the rounds were uploaded to the PDGA the online TD report sorted the divisions. We use a similar yet different program to do the scoring.

This was a major topic of discussion behind the scenes on Friday night. Rusco was extremely worried that it wouldn't be done correctly. He was so worried in fact that the scores for all 500+ people were nearly input by hand with tee times. That would have been a several hour job for him.

My advice to him "Once the PDGA program sorts them, that is what you roll with the entire weekend and stick with it"

I am sure the PDGA program groups them based on the previous round and the last group to go off when using tee times is technically on hole 1. So in ties the player with the later previous tee time got the higher group in the next round.

Left immediately after the awards ceremony and just got home an hour ago. Great tourney. Goodnight.

Get some rest! I left just before awards, got home 230/ish and was at work at 8.

A. Between rounds when the groups are being reset, tied positions shall be broken. The player with the lowest score in the most recent round shall have the highest ranking when the scorecards/positions are reset. In the event of ties for lowest score across all previous rounds, the ties shall be broken by the Tournament Director through a consistently applied manner such as lowest PDGA number or alphabetical by last name.

^^^This

So then as long as the manner is consistent it's at the discretion of a TD to do so how they choose. Like overall ranking or anything else.

Bingo. There is no wrong way to break ties as long as 1) there is an explainable method used and 2) it is used consistently from start of event to finish.

Thanks for the explanation, Smitty. Appreciate you helping out with the event! Good shooting and good to see ya!

I don't really follow too many of the big tournaments, but I am extremely glad to see Simon win a tournament in the States. He came and played a tournament at my local course two years ago and he, along with several others, just did things that were just awesome to watch.

Great work!

I wish the GBO wasn't over....I had too much fun and a whole year is a long time to wait for the next one.

Im right there with you. How dare we wait more than 12 hours for high quality tournament footage?? This is garbage.

I'm sure that if disc golfers were willing to pay for media services, then these would be reasonable demands :)

Equal length video production, even at this level of ability, would range from about 3-7k I'd assume. Three full-time days of video, post-production, travel, equipment, and per-diem. How much we truly do take for them granted.

Amazing event!

Got home from my own 19 hour drive (four of us taking turns) around noon west coast time today. We missed the awards even though one of our travel partners did cash in AM1.

Never seen a community embrace disc golf like Emporia did. Everywhere we went people were talking about the event! DD knows how to put on one fantastic tournament.

As for me, I played like crap at Country Club (although I did shoot above my miserable rating) but came back strong (again for me) at Peter Pan Saturday and Jones East Sunday winning my card, and some sweet plastic each day. Love that these guys give us something to play for each day.

Wish I had been able to play CC beforehand. My group decided to practice Jones and Peter Pan and we never even got the chance to walk CC. Think I probably could've shaved 9-10 strokes off that score with a little better idea how that course played... All in all my first Advanced event went awesome and I can't wait to go back and play some local events after this experience. I'll be doing everything in my power to get back next year, this is one not to miss.

Amazing event!

Got home from my own 19 hour drive (four of us taking turns) around noon west coast time today. We missed the awards even though one of our travel partners did cash in AM1.

Never seen a community embrace disc golf like Emporia did. Everywhere we went people were talking about the event! DD knows how to put on one fantastic tournament.

As for me, I played like crap at Country Club (although I did shoot above my miserable rating) but came back strong (again for me) at Peter Pan Saturday and Jones East Sunday winning my card, and some sweet plastic each day. Love that these guys give us something to play for each day.

Wish I had been able to play CC beforehand. My group decided to practice Jones and Peter Pan and we never even got the chance to walk CC. Think I probably could've shaved 9-10 strokes off that score with a little better idea how that course played... All in all my first Advanced event went awesome and I can't wait to go back and play some local events after this experience. I'll be doing everything in my power to get back next year, this is one not to miss.

That's awesome. This town does really seem to get disc golf fever that week each year. CC course can be rough especially if you've never played it. The win your card discs was new this year and that's really awesome they did that. Hope you can make it back next year. Did you get a chance to eat at Radius Brewing Company and try some of their beer?