• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2014 Mn Majestic

TheTeesh

Does anyone know what courses will be played this year? I assume Kaposia and BRP. With Hyland closed for the summer what course is gonna take its place?
Last year was my first time playing and had a blast (even though I didn't shoot so hot) looking forward to it again this year!!

I'd love to see some of the big arms play Elm Creek, but I doubt that happens.

Remember that if another course is used in addition to Kaposia and BRP, it must have space for 27 holes to be set up if they use the past Majestic format with two 135 max pools. The Valley has had some temp 27s before but some of the temp areas are not available any more. Lakewood, Lions and Kenwood Trails are courses where an extra 9 could probably be set up but I haven't heard of any discussion about a third course yet.

They would tear that course up!! I feel like there would be a lot of birds but fun to see.

depends how windy it was.. :D those 25+MPH gusting days and its a whole different course being so wide open and west facing slopes.

not to mention some ropes for OB and it could be a nightmare. still just elm though'

Remember that if another course is used in addition to Kaposia and BRP, it must have space for 27 holes to be set up if they use the past Majestic format with two 135 max pools. The Valley has had some temp 27s before but some of the temp areas are not available any more. Lakewood, Lions and Kenwood Trails are courses where an extra 9 could probably be set up but I haven't heard of any discussion about a third course yet.

What course do you think should be a third. Since you have designed majority of courses in the metro it seems and know unused land available around certain courses.

and those couple greens where if you land on edge and the wind catches it-- bye byeee!

had a putt roll all the way down the hill on 6?7?

and those couple greens where if you land on edge and the wind catches it-- bye byeee!

had a putt roll all the way down the hill on 6?7?

Yup. Defiantly on 6. Yet to have one roll ALL the way one down the hill but...one of these times it'll happen.

I doubt they would consider playing a round there though for the majestic at the price they have to rent it out for a day...can't imagine the weekend...after hearing about how much DiscLife payed... :rolleyes:

Please forgive me for not understanding, but I have a question...

Will there be a Minnesota Majestic? For 2013, it was an A tier, and looking at

http://www.pdga.com/2014-major-and-nt-schedule-set-a-tier-submissions-sought

"A-Tiers must now be 1,250 miles from a PDGA Major, 750 miles from a National Tour Elite Series, and 300 miles from another A-Tier."

With the PDGA Am World Champs being in Minneapolis, will the Majestic simply be downgraded to a B tier to comply?
I presume tournaments in this area will be exceptionally busy this year with people looking to get experience on the Worlds courses. I'm looking forward to hanging out up there this summer.

Different team is running the Majestic versus Am Worlds. I believe they still plan to run Majestic as an A-tier. But the date and course plans haven't been posted yet. Who knows? Maybe they'll be looking at a different format that involves 18-hole course layouts with three pools of up to 90 each.

Please forgive me for not understanding, but I have a question...

Will there be a Minnesota Majestic? For 2013, it was an A tier, and looking at

http://www.pdga.com/2014-major-and-nt-schedule-set-a-tier-submissions-sought

"A-Tiers must now be 1,250 miles from a PDGA Major, 750 miles from a National Tour Elite Series, and 300 miles from another A-Tier."

With the PDGA Am World Champs being in Minneapolis, will the Majestic simply be downgraded to a B tier to comply?
I presume tournaments in this area will be exceptionally busy this year with people looking to get experience on the Worlds courses. I'm looking forward to hanging out up there this summer.

Those restrictions apply on the same date, not throughout the whole year. They're trying to help TDs not have to fight with another big tournament the same day in the same area, not saying the same area can't run multiple big events over the course of the year.

Charlie, Char, and John will start looking at the Majestic in February or so. Their top concern right now is getting the Winter Carnival in full gear. I usually do not start picking up hours in the store until I am done teaching for the year. By then most of the plans have already been finalized, so I do not get a chance to enter in my input.

The Valley, I believe, was included in 2012 but the temp holes were greeted with mixed results. It seems more of the positive comments came from locals who knew the course and liked the idea of mixing it up. I heard several negative comments from out-of-towners, especially those who were anticipating doing well and did not get a chance to practice the temp holes beforehand.

Personally I would love to play the Valley again in that Majestic layout. The top of world shot on Hole 7 (I believe) was something to behold. Maybe I liked that hole because I absolutely bombed it perfectly with only one other person on my card even being close to me.

Only speculating here, but everything depends on where they can hold awards now that HSSA is not available. The obvious answer is BRP and early speculation was to have Ams play two rounds at Kaposia (Friday and Sunday) and Pros play BRP twice finishing with the awards. This is purely my speculation and I cannot remember if I heard it or simply imagined it. However, what other courses are you going to be able to house that many people for the closing awards? The only other place I can think of is Kaposia if they can get the shelter.

Charlie, Char, and John will start looking at the Majestic in February or so. Their top concern right now is getting the Winter Carnival in full gear. I usually do not start picking up hours in the store until I am done teaching for the year. By then most of the plans have already been finalized, so I do not get a chance to enter in my input.

The Valley, I believe, was included in 2012 but the temp holes were greeted with mixed results. It seems more of the positive comments came from locals who knew the course and liked the idea of mixing it up. I heard several negative comments from out-of-towners, especially those who were anticipating doing well and did not get a chance to practice the temp holes beforehand.

Personally I would love to play the Valley again in that Majestic layout. The top of world shot on Hole 7 (I believe) was something to behold. Maybe I liked that hole because I absolutely bombed it perfectly with only one other person on my card even being close to me.

Only speculating here, but everything depends on where they can hold awards now that HSSA is not available. The obvious answer is BRP and early speculation was to have Ams play two rounds at Kaposia (Friday and Sunday) and Pros play BRP twice finishing with the awards. This is purely my speculation and I cannot remember if I heard it or simply imagined it. However, what other courses are you going to be able to house that many people for the closing awards? The only other place I can think of is Kaposia if they can get the shelter.

Top of the world shorts are always fun. Especially when you have time to relax and enjoy the view...before the trek back down

BRP would be best of the two for closing awards I think. Even if they do get the shelter at Kaposia I don't remember it being all that big.

It would be kind of fun if they were able to find land to accommodate the group for a temp course for the weekend. No "home field advantage" there.

According to the registration page at GGGT today, the courses listed are: BRP, Kaposia, The Valley, and Oakwood. No pool schedule or anything listed that I saw.

Latest posts