• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2014 Tourney Videos

Videos with commentary you may or may not like are better than no videos at all. I appreciate the time and effort people put so that others may enjoy it. Like others on here have said, there is a mute button. I personally like the commentary because it feels like I am with my buds, having a good time and taking in some good disc golf. Keep up the good work.

I can really tell from CCDG commentary that Ian and Kev love the sport, so what difference does it make if it doesn't float your boat. No reason to try and belittle the videos with the idiotic "hippy/burnout" comments. Hopefully some more content is released so we can put all this bs behind us.

Keep up the work, I commend you guys for doing this in your spare time for free and I always look forward to new DG content from CCDG!

Put me down as in favor of their commentary, and against music in the background. In regards to the commentary all I would suggest is that Kevin(?) learn a backhand.

I started watching the Copenhagen open vid. Wtf is with them never following Mcbeths shots and always closeup on him? They watch everyone else's shots. I couldn't finish it

I knew I'd catch some flak from some of the losers on here.
Reason #1 disc golf will never make it out of the gutter & into main stream sports - the people who play the game...

At least someone gets it...

With each post you lose more respect.....

To the haters, whatever. I resent the fact that you think I sound like a burnedout hippie. I work as industrial engineer, have an 8 week old boy, and in my little spare time make disc golf videos for people to watch. I don't talk any different than my peers, it's just the way people talk here. I'm sure you have some kind of regional accent. Personally I like listening to people with different accents, it's fun to hear new phrases, but I'm a tolerator, not a hater. I don't think burnedout hippies use the word alliteration. :p I'm also not a douche, I'm a really nice guy. In fact I donated bone marrow twice to a random stranger. Would a douche do that?

Ian

Ian,
I never said you were a burnout or a douche. I said your "accent" (if you want to call it that) made you sound like that to my mid-western ears. Just as someone who speaks in a southern dialect may sound like a redneck to a northerner.

You may be the philanthropist of the year & hold a doctorate in multiple disciplines, that doesn't mean everyone that watches (or in this case listens to) your videos is going to like what they see/hear. I can't stand when people use the word "haters" to describe someone that has a difference of opinion.

Last time I checked, this was America, where people are free to have their own opinions, even if it isn't a popular one. If it makes you feel better, I think your camera work is good, I just don't like the commentary. I've watched the vids on mute, but that just gets boring because I like to hear the sounds of the game.

With each post you lose more respect.....

I really don't care if you, or anyone else like/respect my opinions. I'm not looking for validation or your approval. I'm just throwing my opinion into the conversation. Which is just as relevant as your opinion, despite your over inflated sense of self importance.

Which is just as relevant as your opinion, despite your over inflated sense of self importance.

Pot calling kettle.....

Did you get elected president of your club by ****ting all over the efforts of people that volunteer their time, or do you just save that for these forums?

Last edited:
so to recap, if you like videos quite, hit mute. if you dont like commentary, hit mute. if you like music, but maybe just not the music provided, open pandora in a new tab. and if the video is silent and you like commentary then do your own.

i personally wish murdermike would do more highlight reels, they are the best (highlight) videos out there IMO.

Ian,
I never said you were a burnout or a douche. I said your "accent" (if you want to call it that) made you sound like that to my mid-western ears. Just as someone who speaks in a southern dialect may sound like a redneck to a northerner.

You may be the philanthropist of the year & hold a doctorate in multiple disciplines, that doesn't mean everyone that watches (or in this case listens to) your videos is going to like what they see/hear. I can't stand when people use the word "haters" to describe someone that has a difference of opinion.

Last time I checked, this was America, where people are free to have their own opinions, even if it isn't a popular one. If it makes you feel better, I think your camera work is good, I just don't like the commentary. I've watched the vids on mute, but that just gets boring because I like to hear the sounds of the game.

I really don't care if you, or anyone else like/respect my opinions. I'm not looking for validation or your approval. I'm just throwing my opinion into the conversation. Which is just as relevant as your opinion, despite your over inflated sense of self importance.

Your free to your opinions but that doesn't make you sound any less douchey.

Last edited:
Ian,

You may be the philanthropist of the year & hold a doctorate in multiple disciplines, that doesn't mean everyone that watches (or in this case listens to) your videos is going to like what they see/hear.

I just don't like the commentary.

I really don't care

Mean people are just mean.

After all the controversy, here's Part 4 of the SMO, just as Ian said. Love the videos from CCDG. Keep em coming!!

edit: can't get the insert link to work. Probably shouldn't try to do it on a phone. Anyway, here's the link if someone wants to fix it.

:thmbup:

This part is exceptionally funny coming from an unemployed graphic designer.

Just so you know... GT was incredibly friendly and gracious to my family by playing the role of tour guide when we visited his town. I had never met him before, but he went out of his way to show us around and made sure we enjoyed our visit. I consider him a friend, and wish everyone would just leave the personal comments out of this stuff. Since when is it ok to go after people personally on this site? :|

Just so you know... GT was incredibly friendly and gracious to my family by playing the role of tour guide when we visited his town. I had never met him before, but he went out of his way to show us around and made sure we enjoyed our visit. I consider him a friend, and wish everyone would just leave the personal comments out of this stuff. Since when is it ok to go after people personally on this site? :|

When he attacks me, I return the favor. He makes a habit of personal attacks when people disagree with him. Did you miss the quote of his I had in my post, where he refers to the "losers" on this forum?

I read what was written here, I don't know anything about a history of misbehaving. I don't agree with any of it. Seems that several people were piling on,which is fine and very much so "fair game" when we make a stupid comment. I just don't like it when it goes to a truly personal level and comments become personal attacks. Talking about someone's personal stuff (career, family, health, race, sexuality) is off limits. That's all I was trying to say, and I hope that most of you can at least agree on that.

I read what was written here, I don't know anything about a history of misbehaving. I don't agree with any of it. Seems that several people were piling on,which is fine and very much so "fair game" when we make a stupid comment. I just don't like it when it goes to a truly personal level and comments become personal attacks. Talking about someone's personal stuff (career, family, health, race, sexuality) is off limits. That's all I was trying to say, and I hope that most of you can at least agree on that.

So to make sure we're clear -- it's OK to call people:

"stupid", "burn-out hippie-types", "most annoying . .. in the world", "gutter-dwelling", "losers" . .. .

and it's all in fun, but "unemployed graphic designer" is somehow over the line?

Just checking -- I get free checking!!