• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2014 Tourney Videos

ouch, that's a lotta hate for the new year.

thanks again CCDG and others for your time and devotion to providing the things we all are blessed to watch with our own eyes!!

LOVE yall!

I hope the mods delete all this BS drama. If you dont like the video...dont watch it. Dont bash people who spend their time to give you something to watch on a rainy day. The 2013 video thread was amazing...and the 2014 will hopefully be better!

This isn't a tourney video, but it IS a video from 2014 and relevant to the discussion at hand. I did a video review of the Saint Pro for Hucking Aces on Facebook. This video was posted and Hucking Aces did a giveaway of the Saint Pros used in the vid. There was a huge overwhelmingly positive response...except one douche canoe. He shared it (because he wanted to win a free disc, obviously) but his comment (which Hucking Aces and myself could clearly see) was : "Couldn't finish this ****ing video...between his voice and his wind upz!!1!"

It really got to me. big time. I used to have a horrible stutter and went to years of speech therapy to talk like a normal person. I'm very self-conscious of it. The "wind up" comment didn't bother me, considering this is disc golf, not baseball, so his opinion is immediately invalidated by using some "bro" comment he heard while shirtlessly sidearming his Boss a hundred feet. But the voice thing was just like plunging a knife into my back. It still irks at me. I re-watched the video probably thirty times, trying to figure out what is wrong with my voice.

And you know what? Nothing. Nothing is wrong with my voice. My voice is MY voice and some jerk who can't spell properly isn't going to make ME feel bad about myself. Am I Paul McBeth or some other high level player? Heck no! But I took time out of my schedule to shoot a video to help out other DGers who might be thinking about getting a certain disc. THAT is "furthering the sport" that so many people talk about.

Moral of the story: you can't please everyone. Most detractors are sad little people who need to cut others down to make themselves feel adequate.

/rant and here's a 2014 NON-TOURNAMENT video:

Hucking Aces Saint Pro Review

I didn't watch all your review, but the only complaint I have is one I have with almost all review videos...you throw the discs too high, and they get lost in the sky. You have to keep down them in the mountain.

I don't get the voice thing either. Ignore the d-bag.

This isn't a tourney video, but it IS a video from 2014 and relevant to the discussion at hand. I did a video review of the Saint Pro for Hucking Aces on Facebook. This video was posted and Hucking Aces did a giveaway of the Saint Pros used in the vid. There was a huge overwhelmingly positive response...except one douche canoe. He shared it (because he wanted to win a free disc, obviously) but his comment (which Hucking Aces and myself could clearly see) was : "Couldn't finish this ****ing video...between his voice and his wind upz!!1!"

It really got to me. big time. I used to have a horrible stutter and went to years of speech therapy to talk like a normal person. I'm very self-conscious of it. The "wind up" comment didn't bother me, considering this is disc golf, not baseball, so his opinion is immediately invalidated by using some "bro" comment he heard while shirtlessly sidearming his Boss a hundred feet. But the voice thing was just like plunging a knife into my back. It still irks at me. I re-watched the video probably thirty times, trying to figure out what is wrong with my voice.

And you know what? Nothing. Nothing is wrong with my voice. My voice is MY voice and some jerk who can't spell properly isn't going to make ME feel bad about myself. Am I Paul McBeth or some other high level player? Heck no! But I took time out of my schedule to shoot a video to help out other DGers who might be thinking about getting a certain disc. THAT is "furthering the sport" that so many people talk about.

Moral of the story: you can't please everyone. Most detractors are sad little people who need to cut others down to make themselves feel adequate.

/rant and here's a 2014 NON-TOURNAMENT video:

Hucking Aces Saint Pro Review

Your voice is perfectly fine. I don't hear anything unusual about the way you talk.

Whoa, just read all that.

First thanks for all the support and nice comments! It means a lot :) I like to say CCDG runs on nice comments, and you guys keep me going.

To the haters, whatever. I resent the fact that you think I sound like a burnedout hippie. I work as industrial engineer, have an 8 week old boy, and in my little spare time make disc golf videos for people to watch. I don't talk any different than my peers, it's just the way people talk here. I'm sure you have some kind of regional accent. Personally I like listening to people with different accents, it's fun to hear new phrases, but I'm a tolerator, not a hater. I don't think burnedout hippies use the word alliteration. :p I'm also not a douche, I'm a really nice guy. In fact I donated bone marrow twice to a random stranger. Would a douche do that?

As for the dogs barking in the CO video I seriously apologize, I offered to do it again but Juha was cool w/ it.

I usually offer a no commentary version with all my vids so if that's your thing, watch that. For most videos it gets 1% of the views of the commentary version. Read into that what you will...

CCDG out, I'll see if I can't get SM part 4 done tonight.

much love to the supporters,

Ian

Love this videos. Keep it rocking, you guys are doing great. As far as commentary goes, in my opinion it doesn't have to be an either/or thing, you can easily have them both. It takes mere minutes to upload two different versions onto Youtube.

I enjoy it both, and ideally (and seems like an eventuality) all disc golf videos will be uploaded and posted online with both versions. The really great vids I've watched two or three times anyways.

I like the Mcfly versions where there is only the sound of the chains, but I'd like it even more if there was a second version I could watch that had commentary and insight as well. Mix it up.

Last edited:
How about less trolling of people who make awesome vids and more posting of said awesome vids?

Thanks.

I need more dilithium crystals captain!
editingstudio02_zps051fdff0.jpg

I feel as though this video could have been great if it was just uploaded in HD and not the 360 it was. I can understand why they didn't though with it being an hour and a half long

yeah, I had a hard time watching it in SD. Good footage though!

Great video. I say that a lot I know, but this one was exceptionally great. On the competition side; Ray is a phenomenon. A mini McBeast if you will. Adam came across looking like he felt he was entitled to the win with his repeated informing of everyone how- "It's been seven years since the last time I won…". He definitely underestimated his opponent, and appeared to put his faith in "big galleries" to apply pressure on the rookie to get the win, instead of sticking with what got him there. Back to the video….The editing in this video is top shelf. and although I rarely enjoy the soundtracks to most golf disc videos for the most part I enjoyed this one. The one caveat being the 'song' near the end that left me feeling like I was listening to the soundtrack from a Beverly Hills Cop montage scene. Still, it isn't without it's value, albeit comedic. I give this video 4.5 (out of 5) stars, or what have you. Nobody's perfect.

Last edited: