• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2014 Tourney Videos

As someone who plays the Hambrick course 3-4 times a week, I'd say it's just you. A few holes are a bit overgrown but it helps to realize that the pine trees on 10-15 are about as old as the course. As for the letter holes in the pines (C-E), there are plenty of lines if you play the holes enough. I usually birdie 2 out of 3, maybe half the time all 3 of them.

OK, thanks for the input. It can be hard to tell on video.

Also, is it just me, or does the course used in rounds 1 and 3 seem poorly designed? It seems like there are a lot of holes with no good line, where a lot of luck is needed to reach the pin.

As someone who plays the Hambrick course 3-4 times a week, I'd say it's just you. A few holes are a bit overgrown but it helps to realize that the pine trees on 10-15 are about as old as the course. As for the letter holes in the pines (C-E), there are plenty of lines if you play the holes enough. I usually birdie 2 out of 3, maybe half the time all 3 of them.

OK, thanks for the input. It can be hard to tell on video.

I think the way that the video is framed, with a lot of side views, can make it hard to pick out the line. This is one reason why so many viewers, including me, prefer to watch the throw from the back of the tee. I realize that the back view is not always possible, so that is not meant in a critical way.

I appreciate the time and sacrifice that it took to put these together and post them so quickly. Thanks to the videographers and all who helped. Great job.

C-E are fun achievable holes. 15 and 17 are pretty crappy holes.

I've birdied both 15 and 17 plenty of times. 17 is a new pin position just for the BHMO. That hole plays completely different now that they've cleared all the honeysuckle off the right side of the fairway.

I've birdied both 15 and 17 plenty of times. 17 is a new pin position just for the BHMO. That hole plays completely different now that they've cleared all the honeysuckle off the right side of the fairway.
There are plenty of holes that I birdie that just aren't any good. I haven't played there in a long time but remember those as silly holes. Just poor designs. Hope the modifications help.

Where are all the Feldberg haters now? He seemed pretty fun to play with here. Chatting and joking.

Most of the people I know who have met him say that he's a nice guy and he's really easy to get along with as long as things are going his way. However, if something upsets him, or if he starts playing poorly, he becomes very cranky.

Most of the people I know who have met him say that he's a nice guy and he's really easy to get along with as long as things are going his way. However, if something upsets him, or if he starts playing poorly, he becomes very cranky.

I like Feldy, he seems cool until he starts to fall apart. Were human and I understand that you expect so much of your self and when you f-up shots you know you should nail ( especially at his level of play ), emotions can happen. He just needs some cheese with his WHINE of the round.

I also like to pull for the guy ( and consider myself a fan ), he can start a tourney strong and stay at the top for a round or two. He has trouble finishing though....I cant blame him, it happens to all of us as we get old :eek: ! There is still two rounds left to play.

His lack of the strong finish says at least one thing...he is consistent with that part of his game lately. Not trying to hate, just calling it as I see it.

I hope Simon can pull it off. He is due for a bigger win here in the states.

Last edited:
I thought it was Worlds and USDGC that were non-smoking. Or is it just the USDGC? Or am I completely off-base?

jesus now you guys are worried about cigs?

Actually, Nolan, the PDGA is worried about tobacco use. :|

As long as you don't blow it in my face, I don't care if you smoke on the course.

BUT, if a big name player is openly breaking the rules, especially when he knows he's on camera, then it should be adressed appropriately.

I don't know why I just typed that, since I know you don't actually give a **** anyway.

Oh, and to this thread...

Last edited: