• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2014 Tourney Videos

Hey everyone, I'm here to promote my new disc golf channel on YouTube, Pure Hyzer Productions!

I've done three episodes so far, all of them complete final round lead card coverage from tournaments in my area:

PHP #1 - King Of The Lake, 2014

PHP #2 - Hangman's Heave, 2014

PHP #3 - Mama Bears, 2014

Now that I'm aware of this thread, I'll be sure to post future episodes of Pure Hyzer Productions when they are first uploaded!

If you enjoy my content, please consider subscribing on YouTube and/or Liking my PHP page on Facebook!

https://www.youtube.com/PureHyzerProductions

http://facebook.com/PureHyzerProductions

footage from this past weekend The Toronto Island Maple Leaf, Round 3 .... no snow here in Canada, yet ;)

This is from the short tees ... Will Schusterick, Ricky Wysocki, Kim Scott-Wood, Simon Lizotte & greg Grootenboer.

Why the music? Couldn't watch for more than 30 seconds.

footage from this past weekend The Toronto Island Maple Leaf, Round 3 .... no snow here in Canada, yet ;)

This is from the short tees ... Will Schusterick, Ricky Wysocki, Kim Scott-Wood, Simon Lizotte & greg Grootenboer.

Good footage, but it could use a lot more editing and a lot less music. In my opinion, Marty McFly has the perfect formula for a disc golf video. He includes everything necessary, but manages to keep his videos relatively short.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allurex View Post

no idea, not my video. mute worked for me.

:gross:

Mute also mutes the sounds of the game. It's not a good solution for those who like to hear the scuff of shoe on teepad, a backdrop of bird sounds in the breezes, and the sweet ring of a solid putt hitting dead center.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allurex View Post

:gross:

Mute also mutes the sounds of the game. It's not a good solution for those who like to hear the scuff of shoe on teepad, a backdrop of bird sounds in the breezes, and the sweet ring of a solid putt hitting dead center.

Watching on mute sucks. No scores, or hole info also sucks.

Yeah, Will just doesn't look confident putting.. at least not when compared to Simon, Rick or McBeth...

Will is one of my favorites and I've had the chance to meet him on several occasions. It seems like he is pressing and trying much too hard. People sometimes get into trouble on the tee box by spending too much of their energy before the hit. He appears to have fallen into a cycle of doing a variant of this with his putting. His routine and stance have completely changed. His rhythm is off, and the harder he tries, the worse it seems to be getting. Not that he would ever listen to a random guy on the web, but I would suggest he goes back to playing his practice rounds loosely and attempt to translate that to his competitive rounds(practice like we play and vice-versa).

It really stinks to watch the kid I used to see throwing his Rhynos 450' struggle in adulthood. I wish him nothing but the best and hope he can work his way through this obstacle sooner rather than later.

Will is one of my favorites and I've had the chance to meet him on several occasions. It seems like he is pressing and trying much too hard. People sometimes get into trouble on the tee box by spending too much of their energy before the hit. He appears to have fallen into a cycle of doing a variant of this with his putting. His routine and stance have completely changed. His rhythm is off, and the harder he tries, the worse it seems to be getting. Not that he would ever listen to a random guy on the web, but I would suggest he goes back to playing his practice rounds loosely and attempt to translate that to his competitive rounds(practice like we play and vice-versa).

It really stinks to watch the kid I used to see throwing his Rhynos 450' struggle in adulthood. I wish him nothing but the best and hope he can work his way through this obstacle sooner rather than later.

Yeah, something's off... and yeah, as a guy that can throw a Rhyno only 250'(at best) I can only speculate(and poorly at that) as to what his "problem" is. He's still one of the top players in the world, no doubt, but I had gotten so used to him being "the man" that's it's a bit like playing a hole that you've aced recently, in that anything short of another ace is a disappointment, and as good as the competition has been this year, it seems nearly unfathomable but everyone just keeps getting better and better.

Damn, Simon just imploded those last two holes.

Great job on the video Dusty. Haven't played the island since '86. Course looks downright amazing. Might have to bite the bullet and drive into the core one of these days.

Damn, Simon just imploded those last two holes.

Great job on the video Dusty. Haven't played the island since '86. Course looks downright amazing. Might have to bite the bullet and drive into the core one of these days.

I can't take credit for the video, all I did was lug the tripod around ;) The course has changed a lot since '86! It's playing better than ever right now I think. Well worth the trip to TO.

We're lucky we have a local golfer that works for a TV station; he brought out a TV camera and had access to their editing room. Gotta try and get him out for more events :)