• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2015 Amateur Championships at Bowling Green

So BG doesnt pull the players that I personally would like to see growing the sport, women and juniors like the Charlotte Worlds did. To some people that doesnt matter. To me it is an interesting contrast/compare to add to the discussion.

The fact that you are playing for a world title is what attracts these less populated divisions to a World's instead of the BG ams.

It's my goal to have my @ss handed to me in every age protected division I'm eligible for until I die. Advanced Masters, here I come.

Humor is that BG Club in adding more courses in the mix.

Humor or Rumor? (if that was a Freudian slip, it was a good one).

Played Chalybeate in 2012. Pretty sure they won't be playing Natcher or the one on campus. Holler? Or the ones further south? Inquiring minds want to know...what's the scuttlebutt?

At any rate, if they can go to even more courses, that could mean a larger crowd. Why not?

Adding courses or replacing courses? If adding, would that mean they are adding a second round on Friday or eliminating the final9?

Adding courses or replacing courses? If adding, would that mean they are adding a second round on Friday or eliminating the final9?

I suspect added courses means larger pools of players, separating out some of the age and gender divisions. For example, Rec "men's" division might completely fill up the courses they play, because women's Rec might not share the exact same set of courses at the same time... but I'm not up to the logistics of what they've already got going. I'm sure it'll be cool, regardless! :thmbup:

Well, what I meant to ask is if they are adding a fifth round, because that would be cool. But, if they do it on Friday, it would make it tough to drive down on Friday morning, like I did this year.

Well, what I meant to ask is if they are adding a fifth round, because that would be cool. But, if they do it on Friday, it would make it tough to drive down on Friday morning, like I did this year.

Looks like no 5th round, just a 9th pool....

http://www.bluegrassdiscgolf.org/BGamResults.html

Not really sure i'd want to play Franklin in the morning (short tees or not), then drive 50 miles to get to Holler and play another round.

Wow! I'm also thinking about the knees and the carts of the 60+ age group on both Chalybeate & Holler. Glad I'm only 53!

...but it looks like only one round per day, so the drive is from your hotel or campsite.

2015 Changes

A couple of changes that have been noted (or not) from the published schedule and pool info on the web pages:

Friday PM start is Noon for all pools - gives more time Friday evening to eat - watch finals of distance - set up the fly mart (a number of players had trouble playing and then setting up their booth).

Pool I has been added for all women divisions and over 60 and over 70.
Only three rounds - Franklin (short) Friday Noon, Holler in the Hills Saturday (start at 10 am - plenty of time to commute and all the golf most players need in one day), Chalybete Sunday 8:30 am. Final 9 for top three for all these divisions as long as they have over 10 players competing for the weekend.

Latest posts