• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2015 Mens Pro Worlds Putting Championship Playoffs - The Rules

jermlac

Bogey Member
If you have not seen the Latitude 64 video of the 2015 Mens Pro Worlds Putting Championship Playoffs between David Feldberg and Ricky Wysocki, you should check it out here...
https://youtu.be/eSdePmPrpSA

I have to say, I don't understand the rules of the play off. I understand 3 throws from 3 stations, but I don't understand the point system they used as they went. Anyone able to explain it better than Feldberg did at 3:32 of the video above?

Sounds like it was the same as the prelim scoring. Three stations with 3 pts for hitting the longest, 2 for middle and 1 for shortest position. You had to make your comeback putt if you missed. If you missed the comback putt, you got -1 for that position. With three stations, max points would be 18 if you hit all putts.

Correct Chuck. I was wondering what was up with the comebackers as Dave didn't address that in the video.

Also Dave was wrong about his score. Ricky won 9 to 7. Dave only made the first putts in round 1 and 2 for 2 total points. then made the second and third putts in round three for 5 more points. 7 total with 4 made putts.

Explain the comeback putts again... if you are on the long putt (3 point station), you miss the putt, then you get to try from where it landed... if you make the comeback, you still get 3 points? what if you miss the comeback putt?

You don't get any points for making the comeback putt but if you miss it, you get -1.

Latest posts