• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2015 Pro Worlds

^ This.

All the people saying that foot placement on open field shots doesn't matter are on crack. It absolutely takes focus, effort, & discipline to place your plant foot correctly behind the mini, all of which may take away distance and/or accuracy from the shot being made. These are our rules, and notice that Scott is making little (and possibly zero) care to look down and plant his foot correctly behind the mini.

Please also note that Scott has recently posted the following on his Facebook:

"I did something very wrong though and I am truly sorry for this. I took away from the fact that the event in Pittsburgh was the best run disc golf event I have ever played and what the women did was the greatest act of sportsmanship I have ever seen in disc golf. By taking the spotlight off of these two thing I was being selfish and for that I am very sorry."

So how bout it? I vote that we all follow Scott's lead...and focus on the fact that this was the best Pro Worlds ever!!!!

The two different video angles available of this "Incident" sure do tell two different stories, IMO.

What about EVERY pro I watched (mostly the top women at Moraine) on Saturday that took way more than 30 seconds over and over? I'd content they all had a rules violation!

I counted Nikko once from when he did his first little toss(start of his routine) and was at 29s. if you counted from when he was in his putting stance he would have been over 30s nearly every putt outside of 10feet. I'm sure BG saw him play and do this but said nothing.

this is the biggest problem with the rules. they are very selectively enforced and lead to questionable situations like the one with Scott. If all players took it upon themselves to enforce the rules we are supposed to play by, there wouldn't be a question.

I counted Nikko once from when he did his first little toss(start of his routine) and was at 29s. if you counted from when he was in his putting stance he would have been over 30s nearly every putt outside of 10feet. I'm sure BG saw him play and do this but said nothing.

this is the biggest problem with the rules. they are very selectively enforced and lead to questionable situations like the one with Scott. If all players took it upon themselves to enforce the rules we are supposed to play by, there wouldn't be a question.

804.01 reads
A. A maximum of 30 seconds is allowed to each player to make a throw after: 1. The previous player has thrown; and,
2. The player has had a reasonable amount of time to arrive at the disc; and,
3. The playing area is clear and free of distractions.

So the 30 seconds doesn't start when he takes his putting stance. It starts when he has arrived at his lie in a timely fashion and the playing area is free of distractions. So that 30 counter actually starts when he GETS to his lie, presuming their are no distractions present. I say that to say that he's actually taking WAY longer then 30 seconds on his putts, wheras if you only clock him from when he starts his stance its a little more boarder line.

804.01 reads
after: 1. The previous player has thrown; and,
2. The player has had a reasonable amount of time to arrive at the disc; and,
3. The playing area is clear and free of distractions.

So the 30 seconds doesn't start when he takes his putting stance. It starts when he has arrived at his lie in a timely fashion and the playing area is free of distractions. So that 30 counter actually starts when he GETS to his lie, presuming their are no distractions present. I say that to say that he's actually taking WAY longer then 30 seconds on his putts, wheras if you only clock him from when he starts his stance its a little more boarder line.

Not when he has arrived at his lie, when he has had a reasonable amount of time to arrive at the disc. He couldn't, for example, just hang out on the opposite side of the fairway saying "I'm not at my disc yet! I'm not at my disc yet!"

804.01 reads

There is a good chance people are still walking around when he first gets to his lie.

Not to pile on Nikko, but check out his uncalled foot fault at Worlds in Round 3, Hole 7, from fairway after OB off the tee.

In his defense, he was throwing over barb wire 😏 from the lie (at relief), but certainly gained an advantage.

McFly/Prodigy, 13 min mark

In a finals or something, maybe. But just by that statement I can tell that you've never actually watched nikko play live.
I have watched him live, he takes his time. O well. You still can't start counting when he first arrives at the lie a lot of the time.

I was coached to leave the disc (if you're not throwing the disc in the lie) on the ground instead of putting a mini because it gives you a lot more leeway (almost double the size because of the optical illusion of a regular disc being so much larger than a mini) with potential footfaults. Especially in longer open field shots where the advantage of a disc length is small.

Hmm. The lie is the infinitely narrow line straight down the center of the disc, so it would not matter if the disc was 3 feet wide, would it? Except to confuse the watcher.

Jus clarifying, it might be just what you are meaning by this.

No Friday MPO photos... :(

The photos are done when some of us can shoot. I was playing two rounds at Knob on Friday.

That's cool. I have no idea what all some of you guys on DGCR do! (Players, course designers, photographers, etc.)

I have some more pics of Moraine that I'll post on her. Not professional pics, but I enjoy them nonetheless. :)

Not to pile on Nikko, but check out his uncalled foot fault at Worlds in Round 3, Hole 7, from fairway after OB off the tee.

In his defense, he was throwing over barb wire 😏 from the lie (at relief), but certainly gained an advantage.

McFly/Prodigy, 13 min mark

Just watched it. Not sure if that's a foot fault or not. Cannot tell how far the basket is to his right

Just watched it. Not sure if that's a foot fault or not. Cannot tell how far the basket is to his right

I don't know dude, he's like 2 and half feet from that mini. 😁

On video, at least, it looks like as much of a foot fault as Stokely's...

Some pics during warmups at Moraine on Friday, before round 5 of MPO.

Paul Ulibarri
picture.php

Simon Lizotte
picture.php

Michael Johansen
picture.php

Will Schusterick
picture.php

Course records:

Knob Hill:
Blue Tees: 51 -- Nate Doss, 2010 Pittsburgh Flying Disc Open
White Tees: 47 -- Kyle Crabtree, 2006 Pittsburgh Flying Disc Open

Deer Lakes:
Blue Tees -- 51; Paul McBeth, 2015 Pro Disc Golf World Championships
Blue Tees -- 52; David Feldberg, 2011 Scholl's Pittsburgh Flying Disc Open
White Tees -- 54; Tyler Horne, 2011 The Hunt at Deer Lakes
Red Tees -- 55; Marcus Ranii-Dropcho, Connor Kazmierczak, 2009 Pittsburgh Scholastic DG Series

Moraine:
Gold Tees: 51 -- Paul McBeth; 2015 Pro Disc Golf World Championships
Gold Tees: 55 -- Barry Schultz; 2009 Pittsburgh Flying Disc Open
Blue Tees: 52 -- Matt Orum; 2005 Pittsburgh Flying Disc Open
White Tees: 57 -- Brian Heider; 2008 Ironwood Open

Expecting to see most of these get crushed!

Updated

Latest posts