• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2015 Pro Worlds

Played all four Worlds courses this weekend. Besides Knob being a mud pit due to a ridiculous amount of rain the last 6 weeks, the courses are in fantastic shape. New Prodigy baskets @ Knob are stiff, saw a lot of spit outs with putts that weren't firm. New concrete blue tees are fantastic!

Moraine is awesome! So much work has been done! New pin positions add difficulty and distance. 6 is now over 1000 ft. from the golds. The new concrete blue & gold tees are nice and big! Good grip as well.

Slippery Rock is LONG!! Gold rubber tees are actually pretty good. They are rubber floor mats with holes in them so water can't pool and can dry quicker. 7 will test anyone's arm. 9 is nearly 1000 ft. It's open but the sight lines will be awesome! Pros will like showing off their distance. Lots of OB for worlds.

Deer Lakes was a muddy in spots but that's due to the recent deluge. New drainage plans are almost complete. New Mach X baskets caught better than the Prodigy baskets and were quite visible throughout the course.

Can't wait to see the Pros attack my home courses.

Those rubber floor mat teepads are legit; I actually prefer them to concrete.

And yes, Mach X baskets are legit and catch almost anything. I thought they looked kind of stupid when they first came out, but after having played a few rounds on them, they're my second favorite basket out there, after the current Discatchers.

Thanks for the report btw, sounds like it's going to be an awesome worlds! :thmbup:

With the ground being so soggy, trees seem to be falling every week. The tree that leaned over half of the fairway on 14 at Knob came down and a large one came down across the fairway of 3 at Deer Lakes. I know the Knob one has been cleaned up already, but it is going to be tough to get the one at Deer Lakes out of the way. The people working on the courses are doing an awesome job.

Yes the tree on #3 at Deer lakes is big. I didn't think of it as too much of a problem though. Can still play over it.

…of course I'm not a pro and can't reach it on my drive.

Played all four Worlds courses this weekend. Besides Knob being a mud pit due to a ridiculous amount of rain the last 6 weeks, the courses are in fantastic shape. New Prodigy baskets @ Knob are stiff, saw a lot of spit outs with putts that weren't firm. New concrete blue tees are fantastic!

Moraine is awesome! So much work has been done! New pin positions add difficulty and distance. 6 is now over 1000 ft. from the golds. The new concrete blue & gold tees are nice and big! Good grip as well.

Slippery Rock is LONG!! Gold rubber tees are actually pretty good. They are rubber floor mats with holes in them so water can't pool and can dry quicker. 7 will test anyone's arm. 9 is nearly 1000 ft. It's open but the sight lines will be awesome! Pros will like showing off their distance. Lots of OB for worlds.

Deer Lakes was a muddy in spots but that's due to the recent deluge. New drainage plans are almost complete. New Mach X baskets caught better than the Prodigy baskets and were quite visible throughout the course.

Can't wait to see the Pros attack my home courses.

Good stuff Paul!

Moraine has a couple wet/muddy spots on it that arent normally there because of the constant rain we've been having here. Really hope we have nice weather from here on out and including worlds! *knocksonwood*

The new concrete pads on both blue & gold tees are incredible at Moraine! Moraine is getting new Discraft Chainstars to replace the existing MachIII for worlds

I played the prodigy baskets at knob, and was not a fan. They do have a lot of spit outs with the heavy/stiff chains. The baskets are designed to minimize spit throughs, but maximize spit outs. Have to hit the sweet spots on them, they wont catch high right/low left putts like other baskets will

Last edited:
Hi gang! Ian from CCDG here.

I'll be out the filming Worlds with Stu, and doing next day videos. In order to make them as awesome as I can I need some help.

I'm unable to get out there early so I can't take the pictures like I have for Masters Cup and BSF. Would anyone be able to do this for me? I need a pic from the tee, a pic from any dogleg looking at the basket, and a pic of the green. I can hook you up with a CCDG disc for your trouble. Sorry it's not more. Maria already did Deer Lakes so I don't need that one. I just need:

Moraine State Park
Slippery Rock University
Knob Hill

I also have 3 extra camcorders if anyone wants to help film? FPO? Chase Cards? Masters? Pays in CCDG shirts and discs.

I would also love to hunt down any soft copies of tee signs if anyone knows where I might get those?

Thanks a ton!

Ian

Hi gang! Ian from CCDG here.

I'll be out the filming Worlds with Stu, and doing next day videos. In order to make them as awesome as I can I need some help.

I'm unable to get out there early so I can't take the pictures like I have for Masters Cup and BSF. Would anyone be able to do this for me? I need a pic from the tee, a pic from any dogleg looking at the basket, and a pic of the green. I can hook you up with a CCDG disc for your trouble. Sorry it's not more. Maria already did Deer Lakes so I don't need that one. I just need:

Moraine State Park
Slippery Rock University
Knob Hill

I also have 3 extra camcorders if anyone wants to help film? FPO? Chase Cards? Masters? Pays in CCDG shirts and discs.

I would also love to hunt down any soft copies of tee signs if anyone knows where I might get those?

Thanks a ton!

Ian

Thanks for your work filming! Unfortunately, I'll be moving from Pittsburgh next week to take a job elsewhere in PA, so I will eagerly watch your videos.

I believe that J. Gary was working with some people to create a caddy book, so you would probably have to check with him: [email protected] If you need any help with the course maps, I do have those and they should be available on the courses' DGCR sites.

Also, whoever takes pictures of Slippery Rock should post the pictures on the course's DGCR page, which desperately needs updated photos. I might even be able to do this myself next Friday afternoon.

So, I'm planning on heading to Pittsburgh on Friday of the tourney. I want to spectate and was wondering what I should expect. Since it's Friday, I don't figure that there will be the biggest galleries. But I'd still like to follow some groups around with top players.

Thoughts? Suggestions? What divisions are playing what courses on Friday? I'd appreciate any input on the matter.

And are the courses totally closed for play for non-tournament play during the tournament?

Thanks much.

Jim

So, I'm planning on heading to Pittsburgh on Friday of the tourney. I want to spectate and was wondering what I should expect. Since it's Friday, I don't figure that there will be the biggest galleries. But I'd still like to follow some groups around with top players.

Thoughts? Suggestions? What divisions are playing what courses on Friday? I'd appreciate any input on the matter.

And are the courses totally closed for play for non-tournament play during the tournament?

Thanks much.

Jim

According to the latest version of the schedule, which is subject to change, the top Men will be at Moraine in the morning and the top Women will be at Deer Lakes in the afternoon.

Look At The Schedule Here

According to the latest version of the schedule, which is subject to change, the top Men will be at Moraine in the morning and the top Women will be at Deer Lakes in the afternoon.

Look At The Schedule Here

Excellent! Thanks much for the link. I'll keep my eye on it.

I was talking about this with my wife and daughter tonight. My wife is like, "OK, I'll go shopping with our daughter while you go to the tournament." Then my daughter asks me who will be there. I say "guys like McBeth, Wysocki, Shusterick, Feldberg... and she interrupts me, asking "What about Nikko?"

When I told her that he would probably be there, and I also confirmed for her that Doss would be there when she asked, she said "I want to go, too."

Gotta love it that my daughter wants to go with me, and that she has particular players that she wants to see. :D

Excellent! Thanks much for the link. I'll keep my eye on it.

I was talking about this with my wife and daughter tonight. My wife is like, "OK, I'll go shopping with our daughter while you go to the tournament." Then my daughter asks me who will be there. I say "guys like McBeth, Wysocki, Shusterick, Feldberg... and she interrupts me, asking "What about Nikko?"

When I told her that he would probably be there, and I also confirmed for her that Doss would be there when she asked, she said "I want to go, too."

Gotta love it that my daughter wants to go with me, and that she has particular players that she wants to see. :D

Ha, that is cool. Watching the best players in the world is always fun.

Worked tonight on putting together 19 new Discraft Chainstars for Moraine! Thanks to Discraft for sponsoring Moraine and providing us with brand new baskets!

They should be installed this week/weekend

Does anyone know who will be filming? CCDG's videos from last years worlds was epic--probably one of the reasons I've become hopelessly addicted to playing and watching disc golf--and I'd love to see similar coverage. Will there be joint coverage by a number of folks? Or will there be some kind of "rights to coverage" debacle? As CCDG says, "let's watch some disc golf."

Even though it probably prevented me from completely losing it yesterday, I am sad to see the little tree down the middle on 18 gone at Moraine.

Does anyone know who will be filming? CCDG's videos from last years worlds was epic--probably one of the reasons I've become hopelessly addicted to playing and watching disc golf--and I'd love to see similar coverage. Will there be joint coverage by a number of folks? Or will there be some kind of "rights to coverage" debacle? As CCDG says, "let's watch some disc golf."

I KNOW CCDG will be out in full force and they're trying to get as many cameras out as they possibly can. Outside of that I don't know who else will.be there, but it's safe to say the usual suspects will show up

Even though it probably prevented me from completely losing it yesterday, I am sad to see the little tree down the middle on 18 gone at Moraine.

That tree was the devil. Barely ever hit it but man that small tree was a huge mental thing looking down the fairway.

You can bet that most major YouTube people will be filming there. But, I know that Disc Golf Planet is doing the live broadcast. So my guess is that they have some agreement for filming on the lead card, possibly exclusive??? I honestly don't know for sure.

Terry will be playing, so he won't get to film until the semi-finals. And I am sure the finals will have about 20 cameras covering it.

There will be no shortage of coverage.

Latest posts