• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2015 Pros and Their Manufacturers

I don't think Colglazier plays that many tournaments and that's probably why they dropped him. Not sure about Gurthrie. He plays a lot and wins.

I believe that Cam is sponsored by Latitude 64°.

Looks like only 6 of the original 11 re-signed after their initial 2-year deals. Locastro, Wysocki, Gurthie, Colglazier, and Hokom are gone.

That's a big drop-off. Wonder what is going on within the company for that much loss. :confused:

That's a big drop-off. Wonder what is going on within the company for that much loss. :confused:

Lack of budget from lack of sales revenue to afford too many higher profile pro's? That's my first guess...and logical opinion.

Players looking out for themselves with a bigger pay scale from other Mfg's???

Too many "big fish" at one pond, change sponsors to be the bigger fish at a new "pond/team"...???

^^^Mostly what I was thinking.
Also, it seems like Prodigy is going with a more "traditional" plan to sponsor Pros. That is, get a few big names to keep the name visible nationally at big tourneys then sponsor a bunch of local Pros that can help build their brand locally.
Not a bad plan, really.

One could speculate that the "Capture the World by getting all the big names" plan didn't work out.

Also, it seems like Prodigy is going with a more "traditional" plan to sponsor Pros. That is, get a few big names to keep the name visible nationally at big tourneys then sponsor a bunch of local Pros that can help build their brand locally.
Not a bad plan, really.

One could speculate that the "Capture the World by getting all the big names" plan didn't work out.

^Here in AZ we call that plan the-"the Diamondbacks"... but to be honest it did work....once.

Not a bad plan, really.

Interesting thought.

They have locally sponsored Zackeriath Johnson here in STL and he has been putting up some fantastic rounds. A lot of locals respect his game so I'd assume that this plan might work a little bit.

At least locals can see/try the discs instead of being overwhelmed with In the Bag videos with five D1's and a whole slew of M series discs.