• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2015 Pros and Their Manufacturers

dwayne.hoffman

Par Member
Like in auto racing, each year pros make transitions from one brand to another. Most know about JohnE McCray's move to Trilogy. Are there any other pros making moves?

There's bound to be a few big moves. But your guess is as good as mine.

I was 3 when Hogan won the title from the Iron Shiek. I do vividly remember when he beat Andre at Wrestlemania III. I was watching it in an auditorium (this was before pay per view was widely available).

I was 13 when the nWo was formed. Wasn't nearly as shocked as I would have been when I was younger but still pretty wild. Still, I wasn't an nWo fan until Macho Man joined.

anyway, I don't think there will be too many big moves in the pro ranks this year. I think Mr. McCray will be the biggest of the news, unless one of the Prodigy crew bails...

I was 3 when Hogan won the title from the Iron Shiek. I do vividly remember when he beat Andre at Wrestlemania III. I was watching it in an auditorium (this was before pay per view was widely available).

I was 13 when the nWo was formed. Wasn't nearly as shocked as I would have been when I was younger but still pretty wild. Still, I wasn't an nWo fan until Macho Man joined.

anyway, I don't think there will be too many big moves in the pro ranks this year. I think Mr. McCray will be the biggest of the news, unless one of the Prodigy crew bails...

Nice! I started tuning in around 1998 and caught up on as much as I could. Always loved watching Sting and Macho Man.

I'm wondering if, with some of the comments that Eric McCabe made during his last Disc Golf Answer Man podcast, if he's trying to solicit Paige Pierce to depart Prodigy. Additionally, has Nikko's situation with the drugs arrest resolved itself?

Isn't Paige Pierce a niece of one of the owner/founders?
Phil Arthur, right?

If it's true, that would be huge. Don't really see it happening, but obviously could be wrong.

I can't wait to see CM Punk and the Green Ranger duke it out in the UFC.

I am pretty sure all the Prodigy guys and gals signed 2 years contracts. so all of them are up for renewal. I wouldn't be surprised if one or two made a change.

I know of one, but I can't say...

^^I finally get to be that guy on DGCR.

So isn't it kind of a big deal that JohnE left Gateway? I listened to his interview on Disc Golf Talk Radio from October (just after USDGC) and I got the impression he had been with them for a while and was very loyal to the company. A big deal was made about his choice to play ONLY with Gateway discs even though they have a limited lineup. Seems like a tough choice to make after they helped him have such a successful first year on tour. I don't know much about him other than that interview so maybe I am missing some details.

So isn't it kind of a big deal that JohnE left Gateway? I listened to his interview on Disc Golf Talk Radio from October (just after USDGC) and I got the impression he had been with them for a while and was very loyal to the company. Seems like a tough choice to make. I don't know much about him other than that interview so maybe I am missing some details.

Again, just like Hogan joining the NWO. Beloved hero joining the villians

Seems like a good business decision though. Trilogy is on a huge upward trajectory.

I remember an interview with Feldberg when he said the first year after a switch is really hard since you don't have discs that are seasoned to the point of doing what you want them to do. He predicted that the Prodigy guys would all do better in year 2 then year 1 due to this.

I'm interested to see if this proves true with McCray.

It could also be self-serving nonsense from Feldberg......but it makes sense.

Well, if it is a Prodigy move...

Who's on the up: Paige Pierce, Big Jerm (he did win a NT after all, 2nd at GBO, 5th at Euro Masters, 4th at Hambrick, and just won Flying Eye), Catrina Allen, Richard Wysocki.
Question Marks: Paul Ulibarri (only won four times this year, did have a 4th at the Worlds), Will Schusterick (USDGC saved his season, trended upwards back half of year), Nikko Locastro.

Cam Colglazier would be the one I would see, if anyone.

Discraft should make a play for Val Jenkins-Doss, just as Innova should make a play for Nate Doss. Both seem pretty loyal to their brands, and I don't know how much value a company sees in an individual player, but I would think it would be worth putting up the cheddar to make one of those moves happen.

Latest posts