• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2015 Tourney Videos

Yea, they are not foot faults

I actually think that the second of the examples (@22:50 in the CCDG video) is a foot fault, just BARELY, but not conclusively. His right (plant) foot is clearly off the ground at a time when it looks like the disc is still in his hand. But, even at .25 speed it's hard to tell and I'm not gonna go frame by frame. Plus it might be impossible to tell without a better angle to see when the disc leaves his hand. The other earlier example is not so easy to tell, but if I had to guess I would say it is just barely legal.

I remember watching them at normal speed, saying to myself "foot fault"
Pardon me but if I might point out where you faulted...
Your first mistake was caring about something you have no control over, your second mistake was commenting on it, and your third mistake was expecting anyone to care. I do however like your comment, albeit for comedic reasons... as if 'remembering' and vocalizing to yourself is all the proof you'd ever need...

Pardon me but if I might point out where you faulted...
Your first mistake was caring about something you have no control over, your second mistake was commenting on it, and your third mistake was expecting anyone to care. I do however like your comment, albeit for comedic reasons... as if 'remembering' and vocalizing to yourself is all the proof you'd ever need...

:thmbup: Which is why I joined over 7 years ago and still don't have 200 posts. It's the interwebs, where people don't really care what someone has to say and the feeling is mutual.

On a more relevant note - does anyone know if any of the players' practice rounds are being filmed for the USDGC? It would be interesting to get actual footage showing how they go through the course to practice (where they take multiple shots, do they stop and practice a putt from a preferred landing zone, try out some "I wonder if this shot would ever work" lines).

Would've liked to have watched this but I just couldn't. I appreciate the effort but the cut ins and outs were just so dang fast I couldn't keep up.

I thought the video, from a production standpoint, was as good as it gets. I agree that some of the cut-in's and out's were firing off pretty fast, but that seemed to find a slower pace for the latter half of the video. Beyond that, the commentary, hole information, angles and coverage were top notch! Beautiful course. I'd love to play that place.

I thought the video, from a production standpoint, was as good as it gets.
I agree. Great production and selection of camera angles.

I think the pacing - while quicker than what we might be used to - was pretty spot on. Very easy to watch/follow.

Can't wait for the Smuggler's Notch footage. What an incredible course!

I couldn't believe when I heard that the 10 new Fox Run holes were only temporary. It's already closed - I would have loved to get out to play there at least once more before the end of the season but it looks like I'll have to content myself with watching the last round of footage from there (and play North Calais a few more times to make up for the loss)

I personally LOVED the Green Mountain coverage - that fast paced style is perfect for my taste!!!!!

wow...Ullibari is getting an extra 4-6ft on those questionable jump putts, that just looks so nuts. PDGA needs to change the rules so both feet are behind the lie when the disc leaves your hands. jeesh.....

After hearing other comments I will be glad to give the video a second try. The pace just blew my mind and I honestly didnt even get 5 mins into it. I will try again.

wow...Ullibari is getting an extra 4-6ft on those questionable jump putts, that just looks so nuts. PDGA needs to change the rules so both feet are behind the lie when the disc leaves your hands. jeesh.....

I have been working on my Uli step putting, to great success. One of my friends didn't believe that I was not foot faulting so he took a slow mo of me, with out my knowledge, and it was not even close. I think it is bending the rules, not breaking them.

I have been working on my Uli step putting, to great success. One of my friends didn't believe that I was not foot faulting so he took a slow mo of me, with out my knowledge, and it was not even close. I think it is bending the rules, not breaking them.

His step-through foot is well on the ground by the time he releases the disc. Look around the 9:45 mark and you can see his foot heavily on the ground prior to releasing the disc. Whether or not people will call him on it has nothing to do whether or not it was legal or even ethical. Just seems like a cheap way to cheat. No disrespect meant to him, he's a fantastic player, but this is a game that relies on ethical play and a heavy degree of "self-refereeing." Just seems wrong...

It is only bending until someone calls you on it. If you are going to live on that edge, others may see your bending as breaking. After the first call, is it going to get in your head? Do you abandon the shot for fear the very next one will be called? To me that is the rub. The shot will get weeded out of the game, if those that think it is too close, start to call the ones they think are illegal.

:thmbup: Which is why I joined over 7 years ago and still don't have 200 posts. It's the interwebs, where people don't really care what someone has to say and the feeling is mutual.

On a more relevant note - does anyone know if any of the players' practice rounds are being filmed for the USDGC? It would be interesting to get actual footage showing how they go through the course to practice (where they take multiple shots, do they stop and practice a putt from a preferred landing zone, try out some "I wonder if this shot would ever work" lines).

Youtube inside the ropes nate doss