• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2015 United States Disc Golf Championship

Halcón

Free At Last
After watching Smashboxx's podcast with the one and only Paul McBeth, I think this might be his year. What a way it would be to end an incredible season.

I really think it is too. He really played like garbage on the final round last year and still had an opportunity to win. If he puts the kind of tournament together like all the other events he's killed this year it won't even be close. The only way for him to loose is for him to put together 1 horrible day, which I just don't see. Lord help his competitors if he wins the ledge stone and HoFC Between now and then.

That lingering injury could be a problem if it's still bothering him in another month

I'd like to see Lizotte continue his smart play from the ledgestone -- I think he's got what it takes to win a USDGC.

Considering that Simon said he never used to practice, and the one time he practiced he won the Ledgestone.....

I'd like to see Will bounce back and win again, but I'd be happy with a Ricky or Simon win too.

Paul will take it. Ledgestone was a big deal but if mcbeth has his eyes on usdgc, he will win.

Paul will take it. Ledgestone was a big deal but if mcbeth has his eyes on usdgc, he will win.

If anything it helped remind him that he was in such a good spot at the USDGC because he was playing aggressively but inside the ropes. When he let up on that focus, things slipped away faster than expected. I say he not only takes the USDGC, but does it handily. To the point where it's similar to running up the score in football.

When asked about whether a 5th straight Worlds, or USDGC would mean more, Paul could not answer. He wants this, BADLY.

Personal guess; he misses winning the HOFC (3 round event and he's looking to the usdgc and not taking it seriously) and absolutely smokes the usdgc.

Has anyone ever attended this event? I've recently started playing only to find this is played 40 minutes from where I live! My wife and I played the Lakefront course over the weekend just to get a feel for the course. FYI...it is horribly marked (no directions, no signage to speak of, hole #s and basket #s don't match, etc) for being the site of USDG Championship.

Anyway, I do want to attend the event to see good players play and I imagine the Gold Course setup will be fun to see and watch.

Is it hard to follow groups? Any idea of actual attendance? I watched last year's final on YouTube and while there were a lot of people there it seems like you could easily follow the final group.

If anyone has attended in the past and has any tips for attending, I'd appreciate it.

The final day generates a pretty big gallery, and it's easy to watch. You can walk around and see various groups, or just follow the lead group. Winthrop, especially Winthrop Gold, is very spectator-friendly.

You're right about the Lakefront course, but its flaws have no bearing on the Gold Course as set up for the USDGC.

Has anyone ever attended this event? I've recently started playing only to find this is played 40 minutes from where I live! My wife and I played the Lakefront course over the weekend just to get a feel for the course. FYI...it is horribly marked (no directions, no signage to speak of, hole #s and basket #s don't match, etc) for being the site of USDG Championship.

Anyway, I do want to attend the event to see good players play and I imagine the Gold Course setup will be fun to see and watch.

Is it hard to follow groups? Any idea of actual attendance? I watched last year's final on YouTube and while there were a lot of people there it seems like you could easily follow the final group.

If anyone has attended in the past and has any tips for attending, I'd appreciate it.

While I haven't attended the tournament yet, it is easily on my short list. The majority of the fairways have open space round them and when the tournament comes things will be considerably more defined. However, you do need to buy a ticket to attend, which can be purchased from Disc Golf United before hand. I'm pretty sure this is the only disc golf event with paid attendance, but a large number of people consider it the most prestigious event in all of disc golf. One thing that they do well is crowd control, making acceptable allowances to get spectators close to the action, but not have them impact play greatly. I plan on attending my self within the next few years, and hopefully I'll compete in it eventually.

It's a great event, they put it on to be as friendly to spectators as possible. It's very easy to follow. The Gold layout for USDG is totally fine, it's nothing like lakefront

I'm definitely interested. For $10 entry you get a free disc so at least you have something to show for it. Although it is only for the first 1,000 people. I didn't see if that was each day or just total meaning you'd need to be there day 1.

The spectators are kept behind the ropes while play is on. But you can easily view most of the course & follow your favorite player/group. Just recently they set up special passes to video people such as myself to go behind the spectator ropes & get close to the action! I'm looking forward to this event even more so than I have in years past as I think Mickey-B is wanting to win this one event bad!!

Caddied last year. It'll be very easy to follow and spectate during the tournament. The gold layout is much easier to navigate than than the normal course. You won't be disappointed.

For me, the last day is the worst day to follow the lead card. Too many people compared to Wed, Thur and Fri. On the last day, I'll usually follow another interesting card.
Still, very good for spectating at all times.

Latest posts