• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2016 Am Worlds - Madison, Wi

dobbins66

Eagle Member
Bronze level trusted reviewer
2016 PDGA Amateur and Junior Disc Golf World Championships

The Am and Junior World Championships will be held in Madison, WI and will be Directed by Mike Batka #20983 with the support of the Madison Area Disc Club (link is external) and hosted by the Madison Area Sports Commission (link is external). Mike has a history of putting on great events, just as Madison has a reputation for being one of the premier recreation outlets across the country. Hometown of 3X Pro Worlds Champion Barry Schultz #6840, it's clear that Madison is of a top-level disc golf pedigree. The 2016 Am Worlds will be held in mid-July of next year.

Seems likely that I will be there. Had a blast in MN - everything DG is better in Wisconsin, I expect this to blow snelson's out of the water!! Can't wait!

Anyone know any more details on 2016 am worlds? Registration timelines and such?

6 months ago I said it was likely I would be there. Today, I say I will be my best friend from high school's best man that weekend..

I know it is early, but I'm wondering if there is a schedule yet or at least a preliminary one. Both a registration date and the check in date and days rounds will happen. Of course I'm not looking for specific times or pools or what courses will be played on what days.

I'm also wondering if it has been decided what courses will be used for MA1.

Based on schedule from past 5+ years - Rounds will be Tuesday July 12th -Friday July 15th with semis on Saturday morning the 16th.

I would also like to know what courses are being considered.

I'm not involved with the tournament in any way but I'm fairly certain that these will be the five courses to choose from (likely with all 5 in use)

Elver Park (West Madison)
Hiestand Park (East Madison)
Vallarta-Ast (DeForest)
[URL="http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=6294"]
Capital Springs (South Madison)
[/URL]Bird's Ruins (Marshall)

Once again, not official, just basing it on the fact that these are pretty much the only courses in the Madison area that would fit the scale of the event.

Elver had a temp 18 for tourney play, for years at the Mad City Open. I've not played that event in quite some years; so I do not know if that's still an option or not?

I'm starting to realize I'm going to need to take more vacation than I had planned for this...

Any thoughts on when registration will open?

Not sure on this coming year but last year (Kalamazoo) the registration date for invited U.S. players was Friday, May 8th at 12:01 am

No idea if we should expect something similar, just posting for reference.

Did Kalamazoo fill with the invited players last year or were there spots left?

Not sure on this coming year but last year (Kalamazoo) the registration date for invited U.S. players was Friday, May 8th at 12:01 am

No idea if we should expect something similar, just posting for reference.

Thanks. At least now I have a working timeline.

Latest posts