• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2016 Am Worlds - Madison, Wi

Is there a particular reason for registration starting at midnight? Why not mid afternoon?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think I would feel your point better if I wasn't so tiered this morning.
FTFY

Is there a particular reason for registration starting at midnight? Why not mid afternoon?

Probably the time (from east coast to Hawaii) that generally the most people are off work.

Pretty disappointed on multiple fronts. The demand for registration should not have been a surprise for PDGA or DiscGolfScene...

The gotcha in that is you have some players who are eligible for multiple divisions. Under the current process if they get shut out of their preferred division they may still be able to get into their second or third choice division.

If you stagger the divisions then those back-up divisions might fill before registration even opens for their preferred division.

^^^ Yep. This.

From this TD's perspective of 10 years, Disc Golf Scene is a very solid vendor and a TD's best friend. They have made multiple improvements and changes over the past couple of years making the organization of tournament data almost hands free. They will learn from this and improve. I was invited and hate to miss World's since I've never visited Wisconsin. Cheese is good.

I would personally really appreciate an earlier reg time this time around if they are going to do it in the middle of the week. I'm a teacher and I have to be awake very early. It was inconvenient enough the first time. 12:01 on Sunday? Go for it, but 12:01 friday sucked.

Based on some of the comments about the registration time (12:00 a.m., EST), I asked the PDGA why they chose midnight vs. 10:00 p.m., EST. I quickly received a reply. 12:00 a.m., EST allows most students, traditional 9:00-5:00ers and people who work second shift to register as soon as registration opens up. No time will work for everyone so this seems reasonable.

Based on some of the comments about the registration time (12:00 a.m., EST), I asked the PDGA why they chose midnight vs. 10:00 p.m., EST. I quickly received a reply. 12:00 a.m., EST allows most students, traditional 9:00-5:00ers and people who work second shift to register as soon as registration opens up. No time will work for everyone so this seems reasonable.

That makes sense. Seems like a Saturday or Sunday would just make it easier for everyone though.

Disc golf scene will be announcing the new registration date and time on Monday, per Facebook.

Why? What did they change or what are the doing different?

I putting my faith in the fact that they've beefed up the server... that's all. It would serve no purpose to try again without making adjustments. If it fails again this time, then we'll need more concrete answers as to what it going on.

I actually think it was a good thing that it failed the first attempt. I think that should raise awareness that the demand is greater than ever before and action is needed to support the growth. Five years from now, we'll have another hiccup and adjustments will again be made.

Just simple growing pains...

I putting my faith in the fact that they've beefed up the server... that's all. It would serve no purpose to try again without making adjustments. If it fails again this time, then we'll need more concrete answers as to what it going on.

I actually think it was a good thing that it failed the first attempt. I think that should raise awareness that the demand is greater than ever before and action is needed to support the growth. Five years from now, we'll have another hiccup and adjustments will again be made.

Just simple growing pains...

From your comment I assumed you had some inside info....

Anyone have anymore info on the mixed doubles? Cost? where to register? Anyone looking for a female partner? I'm currently 863 rated and expect it to go up with the next update.

Latest posts