• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2016 Am Worlds - Madison, Wi

How pervasive is the wild parsnip? Never seen it before but encounters looks nasty. I hadn't planned to bring long pants; maybe will. What do locals do?

How pervasive is the wild parsnip? Never seen it before but encounters looks nasty. I hadn't planned to bring long pants; maybe will. What do locals do?

The wild parsnip isn't quite mature yet, and some people mistake every single yellow plant for it, which isn't true. I was out in shorts on Heistand/Elver this weekend, and made several ventures into the rough, with no ill effects.

Best way to not worry about it? Stay on the fairway.

Hmm, I've stepped through plenty of plants that look like Wild Parsnip at the Madison courses, but haven't gotten burned.
I probably still wouldn't be able to definitively distinguish it from similar plants, and my biology degree was botany focused.
I do believe the 'poison' is only an issue if you damage/break the plant and get contact with the sap, so surface skin contact with an intact plant will be no problem.
Tread carefully, rinse off if you have the chance, and of course keep the discs in the clear and you'll be in the clear as well.

Hmm, I've stepped through plenty of plants that look like Wild Parsnip at the Madison courses, but haven't gotten burned.
I probably still wouldn't be able to definitively distinguish it from similar plants, and my biology degree was botany focused.
I do believe the 'poison' is only an issue if you damage/break the plant and get contact with the sap, so surface skin contact with an intact plant will be no problem.
Tread carefully, rinse off if you have the chance, and of course keep the discs in the clear and you'll be in the clear as well.

The oils of the plant, mixed with direct sun exposure, lead to blistering and rash.

Zobel is notorious for it, and even there, I've never had any issues.

The oils of the plant, mixed with direct sun exposure, lead to blistering and rash.

Zobel is notorious for it, and even there, I've never had any issues.

I walked through some at Heistand I think, on day 2 of MCO. Didn't really notice it until I played Cap afterwards with my shoes off. By the end of that round I had some nice blisters going. I can still see the scars from it, and I am not a person who generally reacts badly to most poisonous plants.

Another thing to watch out for are the red winged black birds at Capital Springs. Do everything you can to avoid the rough on the left of 6, and the right of 9. In either of those spots, the second you get into the rough you'll have a bird dive bombing a few inches from your head every few seconds.

Another thing to watch out for are the red winged black birds at Capital Springs. Do everything you can to avoid the rough on the left of 6, and the right of 9. In either of those spots, the second you get into the rough you'll have a bird dive bombing a few inches from your head every few seconds.

LoL those suckers are voracious. We have a few near the river at my local as well. You get near the bank, and they get after ya good!

I met that fellow today.... He's a persistent little guy.
I not ashamed to say I just went to my car and got my umbrella. He hit it a few times and then flew away and left me alone. I was on a conference call at the time and when I said "get outta here" everyone said "what was that?" I told them I was outside and a bird was attacking me... they all laughed.

So stoked. I leave on Friday, late morning, early afternoon. I can't wait to hit the road. Anyone else playing in the mixed dubs on Saturday? Anyone words of advice from you local guys?

Does anyone know when the caddy book will be emailed to everyone?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Island Holes on TC & CS

Are the rocks and timbers out of bounds or is OB "beyond" the rocks and timbers? e.g. Disc could be on edge between 2 rocks or even land on a rock that is wider than a disc. Also, a disc could be over the outside edge of the timber; would it have to be past the inside edge to be in? Came up in my practice. Thanks

There were probably like 7-8 groups playing at Capital Springs this morning at 8:30. :)

Are the rocks and timbers out of bounds or is OB "beyond" the rocks and timbers? e.g. Disc could be on edge between 2 rocks or even land on a rock that is wider than a disc. Also, a disc could be over the outside edge of the timber; would it have to be past the inside edge to be in? Came up in my practice. Thanks

Are you asking about one of the island holes? They are usually played where if any part of your disc is touching the ground outside of the rocks, it's OB. So, different than normal OB.

There were probably like 7-8 groups playing at Capital Springs this morning at 8:30. :)
Good to know I had a blast playing at 5 am. All empty besides some dog walkers and joggers. Nice and cool need to play more rounds like that lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337Z using Tapatalk

Dynamic Discs RV just passed by in front of my house.
Wondering which famous disc golfers/industry people are in town for this event.

Latest posts