• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2016 Amateur Championships at Bowling Green April 22-24 Bowling Green, KY

You must be a member to register this year as it was a great pain for the TD to follow up with the dozens of players to get them to renew.

Be sure to keep an eye on your division limit listed on the event notes on DGU if you have not signed up - do not just look at the number of openings.

Some times depending on the device you are using the PDGA data in DGU has errors, just be sure you are current and try a different device . . . per a few players today.

464 players after 12 hours of open registration . . . thanks to all of you who have been ordering fund raising discs - selling those are key for our club to over lots of overhead (ace pool, course rentals, etc . . . )

Hmm maybe that's what happened to my friend earlier. He tried to do it from his phone and it didn't put him on the list...

I just registered myself, JoeBo, Mandabear (my gf), and Laser (my dad) - Can't wait to see what this year will have in store for us!!

Here is a question to you crafty veterans out there: Where is a good place to stay? I'm not sure if we'll be camping or springing for a hotel, but I have two others from West Virginia carpooling with me. Any leads on camping/lodging? Thanks ahead of time...look forward to seeing some of you gents there!

The KOA campground has cabins, we stayed there last year and it was good times. Plus one of the tourney courses Basil Griffen is right across the street for easy access to practice.

Yeah the KOA. The last couple years there's been a crowd of a dozen or so of us that camp at the very end, there's a shelter if it rains and good company. There might be another dozen or so camping throughout the place, and probably over 100 staying in cabins. Two years ago we had energy and enthusiasm to build a temp/glow 9 hole course that was a ton of fun. Last year we did not, just enjoyed drinks around the campfire. Get a cabin, or come camp, either way come on down and check out our fire we always enjoy the company.

We don't usually reserve a site (I'm not sure it's possible to reserve a specific site) we just show up on Tuesday or so and grab campsite A29, a group of folks from NC usually get A28. Feel free to join us down at that end if you are in to the camping thing - or of course look into the cabins if that's your thing. Look forward to a good time.

Adv Masters is the first to fill, one more spot in grandmasters. Adv has 61 remaining, Int 56 and rec 70.

I'm surprised it hasn't filled sooner.....the only thing I can think of is the requirement to be current.....

You pay, I think a non-refundable, $5 to get on the list. Rec, Adv, and Int have 10( Master and grandmaster will have 5) spots that wont be filled until the March update to leave room for people that have to be moved because of rating. After the march ratings update he will move anyone that is over the ratings limit for the division they signed up for. Then the remaining spots will be filled by invite in the order they went on the list. You usually have 36 or 48 hours, cant remember which, to accept the invite.

Also, I think, if you make it in the $5 waitlist fee gets counted toward your entry fee.

Last edited:
I'm surprised it hasn't filled sooner.....the only thing I can think of is the requirement to be current.....

Rec would have been filled but there are 90 extra spots this year. There are also 2 other Atiers(Texas States and GBO) the week before and after that might be drawing some away.

Last edited:
Sorry if I missed this somewhere in the thread...How well is KOA situated with respect to the courses. I am signed up for Intermediate if that helps.

If you look at the course map on here, the KOA is right across the street from basil griffin(on the SE side of town. Int plays phil moore which is farther SE than Basil. The other three courses are on the West and NW side of town. looks like the farthest drive you would have is to Hobson Grove which is about 7 miles from KOA. Bowling Green isn't a very big town, so unless your in a division with Chally you wont have a long drive to any of the courses.

Last edited:
If you look at the course map on here, the KOA is right across the street from basil griffin(on the SE side of town. Int plays phil moore which is farther SE than Basil. The other three courses are on the West and NW side of town. looks like the farthest drive you would have is to Hobson Grove which is about 7 miles from KOA. Bowling Green isn't a very big town, so unless your in a division with Chally you wont have a long drive to any of the courses.

Franklin and chalybeate are both about 15 miles out of town, not a bad drive at all. White is a little out of the way, but the rest are in town and usually no more than 15 minutes away from each other, traffic permitting. KOA is good because it is across the street from basil and close to the interstate. That makes white, Franklin, and chalybeate relatively accessible, with the others not too far away as well

Latest posts