• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2016 Amateur Championships at Bowling Green April 22-24 Bowling Green, KY

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but as a bonus to those staying at the Ramada this year, the night life at the bar is excellent! lol, at least it's a good show

Well it looks like the PDGA let us know what pack disc #2 is...

The Knight disc made by Latitude 64° was PDGA Approved on 2-25-2016.

"When speed is of the essence the Knight will ride with haste. This high speed driver features one of the widest rims yet on a golf disc. The Knight is extremely fast but also has great glide considering the wide rim, so this disc can ride out for long distances. For drives around 330 ft it will be slightly understable and compared to Ballista the Knight is just a bit more understable. The Knight will be pre-released at The Amateur Championship at Bowling Green as a limited edition in Gold line. SPEED: 14 | GLIDE: 4 | TURN: -1 | FADE: 4" - by Latitude 64°

Unless its a fundraiser disc.

Getting closer guys. By this time next Friday we will be halfway to Bowling Green. Starting to get our gear together and trying to figure out how the hell we are going to fit it all in one car ha! For real though, excited to be getting in a weeks worth of practice before the event as well as getting to participate in a few more of the events throughout the week. I definitely plan on playing in the HB Clark Challenge as well as the DD C-Tier at Hobson. I will probably end up doing one of the doubles if possible as well, just haven't decided which one.

I am leaving Michigan for BG on the 12th. Staying at the Ramada this year so I hope to meet a few of you guys.

We will be in the area on Friday night. We are camping the first couple of nights at Mammoth Cave NP then we are moving to the KOA in town. This week cannot possible go fast enough. The plan is to get out of work as early as possible Friday to hit the road. Depending on your courses Tuna I'm sure you will see us out there.

See you at the KOA Wednesday night!

Oh hell yeah. I'm so ready for this. There will be a few new folks camping with me this year. My new gf, and we are bringing a friends son with us, he is playing in Rec. There will also be a couple from Northern Ohio staying with us this year. Then there might be a couple of people coming in late wednesday night and just crashing with us until the morning so they didn't have to pay for a hotel an extra night to sleep for 6 hours.

Final 9 map and cuts

The map and OB rules for the final 9 are posted, as well as the CUTS:

Final 9 at Covington Woods Park temp course on Paul Walker Golf Course
Advanced, Intermediate, and Recreational Men: top 8 plus ties
Advanced Masters and Advanced Grandmasters: top 4 plus ties
All Women Divisions and Sr GM Men: top 3 plus ties

Wooden trophies for the above numbers . . . . AND the Prodigy Baskets on the final 9 are the first place Trophy!

OB list for final 9 is here: http://www.bluegrassdiscgolf.org/BGamCourses.html

The course will not be set up until Sunday Noon . . . this is an active golf course so pre reviews should be done only when the course is not in use (like rain or very early or very late)

Attachments

• covington woods layout.jpg
    covington woods layout.jpg
    142.7 KB · Views: 29
I am leaving Michigan for BG on the 12th. Staying at the Ramada this year so I hope to meet a few of you guys.

See you at the KOA Wednesday night!

Oh hell yeah. I'm so ready for this. There will be a few new folks camping with me this year. My new gf, and we are bringing a friends son with us, he is playing in Rec. There will also be a couple from Northern Ohio staying with us this year. Then there might be a couple of people coming in late wednesday night and just crashing with us until the morning so they didn't have to pay for a hotel an extra night to sleep for 6 hours.

I am looking forward to my first trip to Bowling Green next Wednesday. I have heard many great stories about the event over the years. Can't wait to see old friends like roadtripstuff and get to meet new ones like Dewgarita and Tuna. I will be playing in Grandmasters.

I am looking forward to my first trip to Bowling Green next Wednesday. I have heard many great stories about the event over the years. Can't wait to see old friends like roadtripstuff and get to meet new ones like Dewgarita and Tuna. I will be playing in Grandmasters.

Take an evening and head over to the Mellow Mushroom for dinner. Had a riot at this joint, good tunes and pie. Nice selection of craft beers as well. Have a blast.

With this being my first BG Ams, Im curious how the schedule works. Is there a TD for each course? I know the players pack is the players meeting, but does that mean there is no meeting before your round? Do you just go to your hole at your scheduled time?

With this being my first BG Ams, Im curious how the schedule works. Is there a TD for each course? I know the players pack is the players meeting, but does that mean there is no meeting before your round? Do you just go to your hole at your scheduled time?

There is a "TD" at each course. This is the course sponsor who is also an official to make all calls at the course. Your program has all of the OBs, rules, etc for the courses. There will be no meetings prior to the rounds. Show up on time and be at your hole when the 2:00 warning goes off. I played in 2012 and had a guy show up 3 holes late to the first round, that pretty much ended his tournament before it started

So awesome that you are playing this year. It's a great tournament. I can't say enough about how hard it must be to run an event this large so smoothly. I can't wait to see what all of the changes have in store this year with the new final 9 location, player's party location, etc, but I'm sure it will be as great as always. I'm sure we will see each other there.

They will post a board at each course with tee assignments 30min(I think) before each round starts.

BrutalBrutus, did you end up in the G pool? Anyone else? I need to find a ride Saturday for my friends son that is coming down with us. He's 13 and he's a pretty decent kid. G pool anyone? Calling G pool players. Of course we would toss you some gas money for the day.

BrutalBrutus, did you end up in the G pool? Anyone else? I need to find a ride Saturday for my friends son that is coming down with us. He's 13 and he's a pretty decent kid. G pool anyone? Calling G pool players. Of course we would toss you some gas money for the day.

pretty decent kid isn't a great endorsement to get someone to drive him around all day, lol

Latest posts