• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2016 Brent Hambrick Memorial Open NT Presented by Discraft

Holy crap, I haven't been watching and just checked live scoring, McBeth is having an incredible round today.

Looks like Wysocki ran out of gas after 12 (or 13). After that, he played +1 while McBeth was -8.

Feel bad for Wysocki. He's got a lot of friends and family there and I'm sure he feels he's letting them down. Hope he has a solid final nine.

That said, Paul needs to find out how he can have PU caddy for him in future tournaments, clearly a good luck charm.

Just checked in to see Ricky's roller hit some noob filming in the fairway... That sucks

We were just 1 stroke away from having the second card be completely Tennessee/North Carolina. Hell, 7 of the top 11 are TN, NC, and SC. And Will Schusterick is the #4 TN player after two rounds. Kinda interesting...

Ricky is from Cleveland, Ohio. City of champions. The Indians are up next.

Paul's commens in the wrap were interesting. He mentioned the WDGT vs NT events. He also commented on the ProTour. Not a lot, but telling.

Really looking forward to Green Mountain and USDGC and the RW PM head to head with both healthy.

New word for the day, McPressure.

Paul's commens in the wrap were interesting. He mentioned the WDGT vs NT events. He also commented on the ProTour. Not a lot, but telling.

Really looking forward to Green Mountain and USDGC and the RW PM head to head with both healthy.

New word for the day, McPressure.

most of the "tour players" I've talked with think the Pro Tour has alot of potential. More spectator-friendly, women's division, and how alot of companies work together instead of each event being affiliated with only one major disc company.

Really excited to see what happens at Green Mountain. Ricky has dominated there the past few years. should be a good battle this year

I would expect Paul to promote the world tour since he's being paid to be a part of it.

Is that true? I know he's traveled to them, and I suspect that Innova mandated it, but beyond that, I haven't heard or read anything.

most of the "tour players" I've talked with think the Pro Tour has alot of potential. More spectator-friendly, women's division, and how alot of companies work together instead of each event being affiliated with only one major disc company.

Really excited to see what happens at Green Mountain. Ricky has dominated there the past few years. should be a good battle this year

That was my feeling too. I agree, I'm really looking forward to Green Mountain. Honestly, I think Steve has done a better job of making his series interesting, but that might just be he's tailored it into something I like....

The WTDG seems like nothing more than a long running promotion for Innova/Discmania. Nice individual events that I've enjoyed watching, but unless you're one of your sponsors chosen ones, few could justify the time and travel expense with the low potential payouts.

The National Tour has some excellent events, but the payout for winning it is weak even by disc golf standards-10K spread out over 15 places. 5th place women gets a hundred bucks. :gross:

The DGPT is trying some new ideas-which this sport badly needs-and is putting up a nice payout for the finals. I'm looking forward to watching it.

Just checked in to see Ricky's roller hit some noob filming in the fairway... That sucks

Do you know what hole that was on? I was there today, but missed it between the size of the gallery and trying to find shade, I'll try watching it on YouTube tomorrow.

Do you know what hole that was on? I was there today, but missed it between the size of the gallery and trying to find shade, I'll try watching it on YouTube tomorrow.

I wanna say the one before the dam hole, but I might be wrong. At least it was one of the first 3.

As a side note, I'm trying to remember when the last final nine was that actually mattered. Is it really worth having final 9's when the outcome is pretty much out of question? It was particularly true while watching the women, since all three were separated by so many strokes. Yes, Hokom and Jenkins got somewhat closer by the end, but that would have been a real tragedy if Hokom dropped a spot due to her performance in that final 9.

(And I'm sorry DGCR. I'm sure this has been hashed out somewhere else. Please feel free to prerube.)

I don't remember, sorry. It might have been the safari hole after they threw from the tower thing.

I wanna say the one before the dam hole, but I might be wrong. At least it was one of the first 3.

As a side note, I'm trying to remember when the last final nine was that actually mattered. Is it really worth having final 9's when the outcome is pretty much out of question? It was particularly true while watching the women, since all three were separated by so many strokes. Yes, Hokom and Jenkins got somewhat closer by the end, but that would have been a real tragedy if Hokom dropped a spot due to her performance in that final 9.

(And I'm sorry DGCR. I'm sure this has been hashed out somewhere else. Please feel free to prerube.)

Didn't McBeth beat Wysocki in the Worlds Final 9 in 2014? I know that's a while ago, but it is a good point of reference. I think most of the Final 9s are for show and to get a good gallery though anyway, right?

Latest posts