• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2016 Brent Hambrick Memorial Open NT Presented by Discraft

For the haters out there, just want to reiterate that it was a freakin' roller. Not an air shot that is much easier to track.

That is all.

Thanks for posting and clarifying, **** happens to everyone, even the smashboxx guys so don't let it bother you too much. So were you filming the roller at the time? Oh yeah, next time JUMP! ;) :)

Just to clarify... we have not been hit... YET. Joe Hite has pulled off some Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon moves to avoid it, but we are clean as of now.

Thanks

Thanks for not completely destroying me on the cast (for the most part). My "friends" have done plenty of that.

http://imgur.com/a/r9PeK

Well here is the album of pictures I took before my camera battery died. I got a few videos but only a couple are worth watching. It was still a good time at my home DGC and I'm happy I got to go. I was glad to help when I could! Sarak Hokom left her towel on a bench and then Val Jenkins left her birdie bag and I was able to return them right away. During the final 9 some guy left his phone in the grass but he didn't seem too enthused that I grabbed his attention. Anyway... can't wait to do it again! Paul and Ricky were launching some long bombs, as is tradition.

Thanks for not completely destroying me on the cast (for the most part). My "friends" have done plenty of that.

We run a conference call during the broadcast to coordinate stuff. And I am gonna be honest, I think I yelled, "Holy SH**. I think he stomped Ricky's disc." Because in real time it looked like you jumped out of the way, but landed on it.

No way we would "crush" you on this, that is best left up to your friends anyway. haha :D

I think the large quantities of indignation in this thread heaped on this poor camera guy has been a little disproportionate.

But it's been no less proportionate than the complete lack of indignation directed at whoever was responsible for the 2+ hour, 7-player card for yesterday's final 9. My Lord! There was even a 35 minute hole in there, btw. I didn't know whether to laugh or cry during the broadcast.

Someone said that it's a tradition, which is great, of course. But from the YT audience's perspective, it was a real downer. Not a good look.

When trying to build a disc golf audience, final 9's bad.

I think the large quantities of indignation in this thread heaped on this poor camera guy has been a little disproportionate.

But it's been no less proportionate than the complete lack of indignation directed at whoever was responsible for the 2+ hour, 7-player card for yesterday's final 9. My Lord! There was even a 35 minute hole in there, btw. I didn't know whether to laugh or cry during the broadcast.

Someone said that it's a tradition, which is great, of course. But from the YT audience's perspective, it was a real downer. Not a good look.

When trying to build a disc golf audience, final 9's bad.
I thought it was cool watching the men and women at the same time. That way you get to see everything. Yea, I remember on hole 7 they were taking forever for some reason... I was across the way so I don't know what happened. Lost disc(s)? But it seemed like everyone was taking their time all day.

Disproportionate Indignation was the name of my college reggae band.
:thmbup: Ludda mercy

Just to clarify... we have not been hit... YET. Joe Hite has pulled off some Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon moves to avoid it, but we are clean as of now.
Wrong. Joe got hit in the foot near 17's basket Sunday. I was 10 feet from the scene of the "crime."

The drainage area near the lost discs is fairly new, it used to be a parking lot. There was no artificial ob lines and players had much wider fairways. I heard what caused the lost disc fiasco was people trying to play safe and ending up the other way instead.

I agree with part of this. First of all, I want to be sure to say that I am NOT complaining about the video coverage of that Final 9. The coverage was excellent, as it always is. No issues there.

But that 7-person final nine was indeed torture to (try to) watch. I agree that it was way too slow, way too cumbersome for watching on a live video feed. I would like to see the women and men play together more, and I understand what they were trying to do. But I think 7 people may be too many for a group. (Can you imagine a 7-person golf ball golf group? Similar issues.)

I look forward to the edited version of that Final 9. Again, coverage was not the issue, just the format's interaction with live feed....

Wrong. Joe got hit in the foot near 17's basket Sunday. I was 10 feet from the scene of the "crime."

Marty, are you sure that was Joe? It could have been our other cameraman? On hole 17, Joe was in the other fairway filming the shots as all the pros went big Hyzer over the trees on Sunday. Maybe you are mistaken as to the day or the hole. I am not denying what you saw, just where it may have happened?

In this entire thread, there was only one post that was critical of the camera guy who got hit. All the other posts were inquires to find out if he was a spectator filming in the fairway -- once it was determined he was not, all posts except that one have actually been supportive of that camera guy (knektor).