• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2016 DG Tour Prediction Contest - The Memorial

discallday

Birdie Member
Happy New Season, DGCRs.

In partnership this year, Mocheez and I will be posting a total of 17 different Pro DG Tour Prediction Contest threads. These will include the NTs, Pro Majors, and the Disc Golf Pro Tour events. I was tempted to include the American Disc Golf Tour events, but they seemed a little sketchy, last time I checked.

17 is a lot of events to predict, so we've decided to drop participants' worst two scoring predictions. So if you happen to miss two events, then it doesn't significantly hurt your score.

MPO Directions:

Pick any four players in any order. Be sure to use first names or initials for any common names. If you pick more than four players, your prediction will not be scored.

Points will be awarded as shown below:

1st Place - 10 points
2nd Place - 8 points
3rd Place - 6 points
4th Place - 4 points
5th Place - 2 points

If your four players finish 1-2-3-4, you get 28 points.

FPO Directions

Pick any two players in any order. Be sure to use first names or initials for any common names.

1st Place - 5 points
2nd Place - 3 points

Memorial Bonus

Which MPO player (other than Paul McBeth) will be able to most closely repeat his finishing place from last year? - 4 points

If, for example, you guessed Jeremy Kolling, then he'd probably have to get first place again, for you to get those 4 points. Check it out...

http://www.pdga.com/tour/event/19531
http://www.pdga.com/tour/event/22242

...and enjoy!!!

MPO
Paul McBeth
Ricky Wysocki
Cameron Colglazier
Simon Lizotte

FPO
Catrina Allen
Paige Pierce

Bonus
David Feldberg

McBeth
Lizotte
Doss
Feldberg

C Allen
Paige Pierce

Feldberg

MPO

Paul McBeth
Ricky Wysocki
Jeremy Koling
Nikko Locastro

FPO

Paige Pierce
Sarah Hokom

Bonus

Zach Melton

This is great that this is happening again BUT.....

Last years predictions were NEVER FINISHED and NEVER TOTALED :thmbdown:!

I played in every one and I am still kind of miffed about the lack of completion :mad:!

I paid attention to make sure I did not miss a pick thread, did my homework to make my choices and gave nothing but praise to Mo for putting this together.

I even pledged a premium disc of Gift Certificate to the prize pool, and that offer will stand/carry over for 2016 as well.

You guys should do the work to finish the 2015 season before you start a new year :confused:.

So take that as you will, I have wanted to say that for a while and this reboot has brought me to finally speak up and complain. Just blame it on my OCD :\.

MPO
Paul McBeth
Jeremy Koling
Ricky Wysocki
Nate Doss

FPO
Paige Pierce
Catrina Allen

Bonus: Dave Feldberg

McBeth
Wysocki
Lizotte
Feldberg

P. Pierce
C. Allen

Bonus: Shusterick

P.S.- did we ever get the final wrap up from last year's prediction contest?

Paul McBeth
Simon Lizotte
Ricky Wysocki
Jeremy Koling

Paige Pierce
Cat Allen

Will Shusterick

Paul McBeth
Ricky Wysocki
Will Shusterick
Nikko Locastro

Paige Pierce
Jessica Weese

Bonus: Locastro

MPO:

Richard Wysocki
Paul McBeth
Will Shusterick
Simon Lizotte

FPO:

Paige Pierce
Sarah Hokom

Bonus:

Steve Brinster

This is great that this is happening again BUT.....

Last years predictions were NEVER FINISHED and NEVER TOTALED :thmbdown:!

I played in every one and I am still kind of miffed about the lack of completion :mad:!

I paid attention to make sure I did not miss a pick thread, did my homework to make my choices and gave nothing but praise to Mo for putting this together.

I even pledged a premium disc of Gift Certificate to the prize pool, and that offer will stand/carry over for 2016 as well.

You guys should do the work to finish the 2015 season before you start a new year :confused:.

So take that as you will, I have wanted to say that for a while and this reboot has brought me to finally speak up and complain. Just blame it on my OCD :\.

That's a legitimate complaint and I apologize for my failure to post the final 2015 results. You can blame that on my ADD. I will be posting the final 2015 results shortly. SeveN was the overall winner and a prize package is in the mail. I will also be contacting the other top finishers from last year to pick a disc out of my vault.

Discallday contacted me to see if I would be doing a 2016 version and to offer his assistance. Otherwise, this probably wouldn't be happening. He will be posting the tourney threads well in advance of each tournament. I have committed to posting results on the following Monday (or earlier) immediately after the tournament. Discallday seems to be on top of things and will badger me to make sure this will be done on a timely basis.

I appreciate everyone's supportive comments and hope that my failures at the end of last year won't diminish participation in this year's contest.

Latest posts