• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2016 Memorial Championship presented by Discraft

Status
Not open for further replies.
I personally am not a big fan of Terry and melanie's commentary, but the camera angles during this round were impeccable. I felt like I was right there, even though it's 30 degrees in PA.

I'm not sure how that bogey was a mental mistake. It was a very difficult put that he almost made, the headwind just gave him an extra inch of lift. Then it was slightly bad luck that he went OB on it.

Yup, a difficult putt for sure, water downhill behind the basket. I'd be curious to hear what he says about running it.

I'm not sure how that bogey was a mental mistake. It was a very difficult put that he almost made, the headwind just gave him an extra inch of lift. Then it was slightly bad luck that he went OB on it.

Agreed; he'd probably chalk it up as a mental mistake, but it could have been an extra little gust or something that pushed the putt up. Going OB was probably more the cage hit, and had the water been a couple feet further back he would have been. That's just disc golf though, can't blame the dude for running it on day one. Plenty of golf left to make up one stroke, especially with the way he's playing.

I personally am not a big fan of Terry and melanie's commentary, but the camera angles during this round were impeccable. I felt like I was right there, even though it's 30 degrees in PA.

Everyone has their preferences, and nobody is offended if you are not a fan of Terry's. But I want to say thanks for the compliment on the camera work. Our guys are really finding the groove and knowing the course so well helps out a lot.

I agree 100% with this. That 4p was a bad beat. First of all, the putt was extremely close to going in. It skipped pretty far, which was unlucky, and popped up on its edge after it landed on the ground, which was unlucky, then rolled into the water, which was, at that point, inevitable. He executed the plan on that putt perfectly. The percentages were well in his favor. He could have laid up but that would not have been correct for the situation hole 7(?) of a 72 hole tournament. Oh, and the round worked out OK for him. He shot the hot round and it was rated 1088 and he leads the entire tournament. And no one else looked even close to being that sharp or confident.

I'm excited to watch the women tomorrow but I would really have wanted to watch Nikko try to keep up with PM on the same card tomorrow too.

Jordan Castro finished at 6 under. Tied with will. From the short clip we saw he seemed like a really good putter. I did not mean to be disrespectful in my earlier post. Sorry about that.

Also, Terry seems like a great guy, and he helps grow the sport. They just aren't my favorite. They do have some of the best video coverage out there, huge props

I actually thought it was real good. the various amounts I got to see. And yes the video was great too. Good job guys and gals, I thought Madison did great.
Everyone has their preferences, and nobody is offended if you are not a fan of Terry's. But I want to say thanks for the compliment on the camera work. Our guys are really finding the groove and knowing the course so well helps out a lot.
Agree. Good camera work today. Keep up the good work.

Also, I think the position as Terry's sidekick/commentator-buddy position may be in jeopardy! Madison was real good ;) and is a professional touring pro with good input. And she knows the players.

I'm excited to watch the women tomorrow but I would really have wanted to watch Nikko try to keep up with PM on the same card tomorrow too.

Translation: I want to see how many ways Nikko can blow up tomorrow.

It's OK man, we all do...

It's OK man, we all do...

Oh yeah.

Too bad the live broaxast is on FPO tomorrow. Does anyone else know if that are other people filming this event?

Our only hope is for some reason PM decides to spare Nikko's soul tomorrow and they end up on the same card on Friday too. Then we can all witness... whatever it is that Nikko will do.

Oh yeah.

Too bad the live broaxast is on FPO tomorrow. Does anyone else know if that are other people filming this event?

Yeah, PM & Nikko on the same card would have been hella juicy but I'm actually looking forward to watching the FPO lead card too. Might be some more varied shot-making from the ladies than from the fellas on this fairly easy course.

Terry's voice seemed husky like he has a cold? Also...not a fan of dropping the camera to the ground for those weird angles. Who lies on the ground to watch disc golf? Camera should maintain shoulder height for that "as if you're there" viewpoint.

And when putting, can we have the basket and player in frame with no movement once the disc is launched? It's ok to pan camera on drives and upshots, but putting should be rock solid all in the frame with no panning. imho. ;)

Last edited:
When did Doss go back to that Anhyzer style putt?
I think it's not a real anhyzer put like what Uli does, but more of a unique set up. He straightens the disc pretty much to flat when he releases. I assume this is mostly to increase the grip on the fingers on the bottom of the disc.
I think it's really weird. Someone at the GCC did the same thing.
Probably Mat Orum. He also has a very anny set up but again pretty flat release.

shame live coverage isn't following the lead card tomorrow. Having Sexy, McBeast and Lizotte on the same card promises for an entertaining and competitive round.

In the future we need smashboxxtv stream A and stream B. Two live streams getting the action at both courses.

Last edited:
Is everybody sure there isn't a way to watch the lead card tomorrow? Or, is anybody filming it so it can be uploaded later. I want to see Nikko blow up.

Status
Not open for further replies.