• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2016 Memorial Championship presented by Discraft

Status
Not open for further replies.
So far, the breakdown seems to be...
If you've been micturated upon for things that are nobodies business outside of those involved and are late to a round...call it.
If you're friends with everyone and are rear-ended on the way to the event...try everything you can to not call it.
If you're late to an event, and it's 2006...call it.
If you're the defending world champ, can't hold it for three more holes, and are gone longer than the rules allow...don't call it and shame the person who tried.

A maximum of 30 seconds is allowed to each player to make a throw after:
The previous player has thrown; and,
The player has had a reasonable amount of time to arrive at the disc; and,
The playing area is clear and free of distractions.

Reasonable amount of time includes bathroom breaks when nature calls. Any decent person with common courtesy for the competitors would agree.

A maximum of 30 seconds is allowed to each player to make a throw after:
The previous player has thrown; and,
The player has had a reasonable amount of time to arrive at the disc; and,
The playing area is clear and free of distractions.

Reasonable amount of time includes bathroom breaks when nature calls. Any decent person with common courtesy for the competitors would agree.

This right here. /thread

So far, the breakdown seems to be...
If you've been micturated upon for things that are nobodies business outside of those involved and are late to a round...call it.
If you're friends with everyone and are rear-ended on the way to the event...try everything you can to not call it.
If you're late to an event, and it's 2006...call it.
If you're the defending world champ, can't hold it for three more holes, and are gone longer than the rules allow...don't call it and shame the person who tried.

Well, there you go, it's all pretty clear then. Why are we still having issues with rules enforcement?

:\

A rumor I've heard is that McBubbleguts had a stomach ache and most likely didn't wipe so he could get back sooner. I believe the source to be reliable. The dedication is real from McSquirts.
McPeePants

Why is this even being talked about as a rules discussion. If JohnE calls time on some its a warning and no penalty the first time. What does it matter?

Why is this even being talked about as a rules discussion. If JohnE calls time on some its a warning and no penalty the first time. What does it matter?
Because he looks like a D-bag for calling it on someone who was taking a piss.

I love when disc golfers make stuff up due to ambiguous PDGA rules.

I love it when people blame the PDGA for players being all over the place in their interpretation and enforcement of the rules. Lik the PDGA can somehow stop people from being all over the place.

Oh yeah. We can totally debate the D bag qualities of doing that. But it's being discussed like it's a rules interpretation issue, which it doesn't seem like is the case.

That is true.

To continue my devil's advocacy, if players aren't going to enforce like they should so they don't look like d-bags, maybe, with all these "pro" tours starting up, there should be officials to save people's fragile self esteem/image.

I think that giant cross slapped JohnE upside the head a few to many times on his throws. That was one of the most embarassing things I've ever seen. He comes off as a nutcase these days. Obviously I dont know the guy personally but wow man, get a grip.

Interesting to see how everyone shot better today than day one and the ratings were down a little from day one. In my round I definitely hd more wind to contend with today than on day one. I started -5 through 8, but managed to find OB on mis throws 4 times after that to finish even on 9-18 where I should have been able to pick up more strokes. Really fun week, and despite making plenty of little mistakes all over the place had a good performance. If I just clean up a few parts of my game I think I've got a 1000 rating in my future.

That is true.

To continue my devil's advocacy, if players aren't going to enforce like they should so they don't look like d-bags, maybe, with all these "pro" tours starting up, there should be officials to save people's fragile self esteem/image.

I would love to see designated officials on courses for the biggest events. It would probably make for some very butt hurt pros but it would be worth it

I think everyone realizes, THIS is why we watch edited video of disc golf coverage :p

They can be as butthurt as they want. They had the chance to do it themselves and have dropped the ball. To be honest, with so much being "missed" by those that should be making calls, it certainly doesn't add a whole lot of legitimacy to this game being a sport. The weird thing about this is I remember a handful of touring pros playing the Bluegrass Open a few years back and seemingly being pretty strict. Nobody had to excuse themselves to take a leak though, and everyone made it to the courses on time.

I also had to laugh during one of Val's hole descriptions when she mentioned playing wide to avoid the fishermen. Can't say I've ever seen a snowboarding competition where kids wandered onto the pipe or joggers on golf cart paths at PGA events...

Oh yeah. We can totally debate the D bag qualities of doing that. But it's being discussed like it's a rules interpretation issue, which it doesn't seem like is the case.

Did you listen to the audio of johne? Im not sure he knows the rules...nor does mcbeth... Or wait is there actually a rule on it?!

I would love to see designated officials on courses for the biggest events. It would probably make for some very butt hurt pros but it would be worth it

Officials don't always catch everything. I think back to Tiger at The Masters a couple years ago misplaying a drop after hitting in the water on hole15(reported by a caller). Dustin Johnson at the US Open(or was it the PDGA championship?) grounding out his club in a bunker(reported by a caller).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts