• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2016 Memorial Championship presented by Discraft

Status
Not open for further replies.
Memorial 2016, Finals, Hole 16, McBeth goes to the restroom and takes 48 seconds to return. McCray starts counting up to 30 seconds and then says "DOES ANYONE NOT KNOW THE RULES, IT'S MY TURN, RIGHT?" Then references a time back in 06' when he was late to World's and didn't get a warning.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEupanuYsM8
Time: 2:01:00 mark, turn up the volume.

It's interesting how sensitive people get when they are under pressure. You wouldn't think someone would care that McBeth went to the restroom when they, themselves, took well over 30 seconds to throw their drives multiple times, including other card mates who took well over a minute to execute shots throughout the weekend.
McBeth's bladder is self-distraction, if you argue yourself as a distraction then the 30 second rule really has no meaning at all. There are a lot of outside distractions at the Memorial which makes that tough to call.

I think the kid just got some cupcake in his windpipe and eye and was in a bit of shock over it. Otherwise he may have defended himself a bit better on camera and made light of the situation.

Still not the best move when you are doing a wrap-up interview for the first NT event of the year. Definitely juvenile behavior.

My post about Cupcake probably came off as harsh towards McBeth, as most of my counters do. I fully understand that Paul thought this would be funny and all would have a laugh, even Cupcake. It's just that when he got next to Terry, you could tell he was about to drop a brick, he was so scared. Paul instantly realized he'd crossed the line, and you could see it in his face. It's just a shame to have things go wrong on video with thousands watching. Once Cupcake's attitude went south, there was no quick fix for it.

I got caught up in my rant, but I don't think it was done maliciously, and I'm as embarrassed for Paul as I am Cupcake as he was just trying to have fun with someone he cares for. It'd be no different for me and my friends clowning on each other, and I'd be apologizing profusely if my friend didn't get the joke either.

Why not chime in on the Memorial thread instead of starting a new one? There are already pages of discussion related to this.

It's all fun and games until someone takes a sprinkle to the eye or suffocates by frosting.

Exactly. Maybe some time in the future, Paul'll let him get "revenge". Would make a much better DGPT storyline than the L.A. Times nonsense.

Exactly. Maybe some time in the future, Paul'll let him get "revenge". Would make a much better DGPT storyline than the L.A. Times nonsense.

I think the young man should go to the La Mirada Open. If Paul wins someone should hand him a Super Soaker full of Gatorade and tell him to go to town.

Did he give them anything? In ball golf it is expected that a player who hits a spectator gives them a glove, autographed ball or something...
didnt read whole thread so sorry if this was mentioned...but johne gave a signed spark to the guy he hit. it said "sorry for hitting you, Johne Mcray"

lol

Why is the whole cupcake thing a big deal? So what... he was having some fun with one of his friends. It didnt seem like cupcake was mad about it at all, he was just busy getting frosting off his face. I would have been stoked to be 13 and have Paul McBeth call me up to be on TV, even if it was to give me crap on my birthday.

It was Jennifer, and it wasn't her fault. The guy should have totally taken that hit to protect the two women and the dog behind him...

...#chivalryisdead...

Sounds like the birthday party burger fire on Seinfeld.

Attachments

• george-the-fire-episode.jpg
    george-the-fire-episode.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 65
Why is the whole cupcake thing a big deal? So what... he was having some fun with one of his friends. It didnt seem like cupcake was mad about it at all, he was just busy getting frosting off his face. I would have been stoked to be 13 and have Paul McBeth call me up to be on TV, even if it was to give me crap on my birthday.

Exactly. Ask anyone that surfed in the late 70's/early 80's as groms (preteens) how bad we were picked on by the older locals that knew us. On the other side if anyone tried to to pick on us (e.g., lifeguards, tourons, etc.) when we were in or out of the water at that age, the older locals took care of it.

Holy wow there are some sensitive people on this forum.

How do you manage to get through the day without being offended?

It must be very exhausting.

Holy wow there are some sensitive people on this forum.

How do you manage to get through the day without being offended?

It must be very exhausting.

I do cry a little at night but then my wife gets tired of it slaps me across the head and tells me to suck it up or she will give me something to really cry about. I live in fear people. :)

I think the best thing going forward would be for Sexton (or some adult close to Cupcake) to conspire with the kid to make sure and pay Paul back sometime in the future. Then everyone laugh about it.

I think the best thing going forward would be for Sexton (or some adult close to Cupcake) to conspire with the kid to make sure and pay Paul back sometime in the future. Then everyone laugh about it.

I like that idea. Maybe then people won't be as butthurt.

Status
Not open for further replies.