• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2016 Pro Worlds

But you're making the same kind of assumption you're accusing others of making, that the clarification came because the rule wasn't clear, as opposed to the notion that the clarification came because people played the hole incorrectly.

EMac is assuming McBeth didn't read or possess the rules he worked so hard to write. I'm not accusing him of assuming, I'm stating that he is. Unless EMac has info, and is, for some reason, withholding that info, that McBeth stated that he didn't read the rules, EMac IS assuming that he didn't.

It's true, that the email came after players played it incorrectly. But it's only about hole 7. If players chose to ignore or not even possess the caddybook, I'd expect more mistakes to be made throughout the course. But because of the concentration of misplays on hole 7, the only other explanation is that the rule is confusing and poorly written.

Just because they played it incorrectly doesn't mean the writing wasn't clear enough, it could be an indication that they didn't read the rule and played it the way such things are typically played.

It could be. So why weren't there other misplays throughout the course?

A question, why do posters think they added the final sentence: Once safely on the island, regular OB rules apply.? That is an indicator that something else is going on. If you read that sentence and then play by the "normal" OB/IB rules you're kind of asking for it.

"... indicator of something else going on." I don't follow. Sounds like some hanky-panky.

Catrina hits a tree, Sarah says the disc will never be the same. Co commentator says it'll be better served as a taco shell and terry says "speaking of taco shells" and segeays into a advertisement plug.

Genius

You know, when I get sad about the posting quality of DGCR, I just need to watch the live stream chats on YouTube vids......

Where do you see the live stream chats?

You don't want to see the live stream chat. But if you want to really put your mind in the gutter, click on the "show chat" box on the upper right corner of the youtube screen.

You don't want to see the live stream chat. But if you want to really put your mind in the gutter, click on the "show chat" box on the upper right corner of the youtube screen.

I'm pretty sure it's for those who can't quite figure out how to make a DGCR account.

It's true, that the email came after players played it incorrectly. But it's only about hole 7. If players chose to ignore or not even possess the caddybook, I'd expect more mistakes to be made throughout the course. But because of the concentration of misplays on hole 7, the only other explanation is that the rule is confusing and poorly written./QUOTE]

Its clear, players saw the spotter/volunteer mark where their disc was last in bounds. They ASSUMED that is where they should play and didn't consult the book. It is the natural thing to do! Especially if the spotter says nothing. Anyone consulting the book would and should take notice of the special rule and should have correctly played it or a provisional if they were still confused.

It just pops up on the live vids. I probably should hide it though, I'm getting dumber trying to read it.

The ultra Wysocki fans take the cake in that chat... holy crap :wall:. They are worse than the usual people giving Mcbeth and others grief. Or maybe they are one in the same?

I had almost forgotten how dumb the live chat is. I opened it for a minute and immediately started to feel the suck vacuum pull my brain out through my eyes so I closed it again.

I had almost forgotten how dumb the live chat is. I opened it for a minute and immediately started to feel the suck vacuum pull my brain out through my eyes so I closed it again.

I've been trying to troll but I think most are too dumb to get it.

Can someone post the exact wording on this thread so we can read it(entirely) and then make educated comments about the wording...pro player her...16 years.

Everyone keeps saying 2 strokes, but isn't he only 1 stroke worse off?

If he played the hole properly he would have taken a 5 instead of a 4. He saved a stroke there, penalty of 2, net of 1. Right?

Latest posts