• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2016 Tourney Videos

New is a slacker.

Man, watching this one, the discgolfguy Spike Hyzer videos and Sublime Flight Downtown Urban Open ones, Schwebby is really crazy money with his overhand. Dude was getting drop-ins, leaving his disc often closer than Big Jerm was putting his forehand on holes that were more FH-friendly (though Jerm wasn't really in his stride, but still) :clap: .

Man, watching this one, the discgolfguy Spike Hyzer videos and Sublime Flight Downtown Urban Open ones, Schwebby is really crazy money with his overhand. Dude was getting drop-ins, leaving his disc often closer than Big Jerm was putting his forehand on holes that were more FH-friendly (though Jerm wasn't really in his stride, but still) :clap: .

Yup every single time I watch a video with him in it. I think man that Shwebby is automatic with overhands. Very consistent.

If I were on a card with Paul U., and there was someone video taping the round, I'd call a foot fault every time he does that step putt. I'm sure he doesn't mean to, but often enough his foot hits the ground before his release. With video you can check and see, and If nothing else, he'd think about it.

The truth is that he is presenting a great opportunity to his opponents, and they aren't taking it. They aren't calling it because he is close, close enough in their opinion. The truth is that if you call it when it's close, he's now in a mental game with his style of play, one that he has set up by waiting till the absolute last moment to release his disc. The fact is that in a subset of those putts, it looks very much like he is foot faulting. close enough to feel comfortable calling it or at least asking for a look see.

I suspect that Paul has developed a "I've started my motion" mentality. His arm is going forward and because of that he thinks he has putted. But it isn't football, it's disc golf, the disc has to have left your hand before your foot hits the ground.

If I were on a card with Paul U., and there was someone video taping the round, I'd call a foot fault every time he does that step putt. I'm sure he doesn't mean to, but often enough his foot hits the ground before his release. With video you can check and see, and If nothing else, he'd think about it.

The truth is that he is presenting a great opportunity to his opponents, and they aren't taking it. They aren't calling it because he is close, close enough in their opinion. The truth is that if you call it when it's close, he's now in a mental game with his style of play, one that he has set up by waiting till the absolute last moment to release his disc. The fact is that in a subset of those putts, it looks very much like he is foot faulting. close enough to feel comfortable calling it or at least asking for a look see.

I suspect that Paul has developed a "I've started my motion" mentality. His arm is going forward and because of that he thinks he has putted. But it isn't football, it's disc golf, the disc has to have left your hand before your foot hits the ground.

Mmboy. This topic is heatedly debated on the reg, usually in the tourney video thread.

Video can't be used in respect to rules infractions, but I guess it could 'make him think'.

When I slow the vid down to .25 speed on YouTube, it looks like the disc is out of his hand (9:49) before his foot hits the ground. Same with Feldberg (9:56). It's very close, but un-callable IMO.

The problem is that if you call it and there isn't anyone else on your card that is on board with calling him it won't affect him one bit. If he knows no one will back you up he'll never get stroked, and he can continue on as if nothing ever happened.

I'm in the "too close to call in real time but I suspect he's good 90% of of the time" camp. But that is the single most pointless debate to open up on DGCR.

The problem is that if you call it and there isn't anyone else on your card that is on board with calling him it won't affect him one bit. If he knows no one will back you up he'll never get stroked, and he can continue on as if nothing ever happened.

It's also a tough card to get a call or backup. I mean, Feldberg uses a step-putt too, it's not in his interests to make people scrutinize his putts too (vice versa for Uli calling on Feldy). Then, call me a cynic, but I don't think Cat is ever going to make a call or support a call against Uli (again, vice versa). Then you have McBe..., I mean Anthony Barela, he's a fresh pro (first year for him right?), would be have the guts to make that call against seasoned pros, same goes for the fifth player (is he a local player/pro?), making/supporting that call against those pros?

Speaking of AB, why is his hair still dark, doesn't he know Paul switched colors? Tell me he at least dropped Firebirds and is bagging Monsters, since that's what Paul did :rolleyes: ? If Paul doesn't throw it, AB can't throw it, right?

Speaking of AB, why is his hair still dark, doesn't he know Paul switched colors? Tell me he at least dropped Firebirds and is bagging Monsters, since that's what Paul did :rolleyes: ? If Paul doesn't throw it, AB can't throw it, right?

Disc golfers will hate on anyone and anything.

I'll admit it's a little weird seeing a mini-me out on the course, but it's no different than the millions of kids who copied Michael Jordan, just in a disc golf microcosm.

AB is like 15 or 16. Leave him alone. There area lot worse role models he could be copying.

AB is a mini-beast who can probably take any of us, neigh...he WOULD take any of us to the cleaners...jealousy is the greatest form of flattery I guess. the kid bombs, and once he gets his game 100%, it's gonna be interesting.
And again with the foot fault thing? I've sat down, reeled footage back and forth and as far as I can tell, he always releases the disc about .0001 before his foot hits the ground. Have there been instances where the disc was on his finger as his foot hit a blade of grass? Probably. I'm sure the other pros on the card are aware of the internet dislike for Uli and his walking putts, but clearly if they're not calling it...who the hell am I to say I would? Unless it's blatantly obvious, which none of his that I've seen are, close but not blatant...you shouldn't be calling it.

AB is like 15 or 16. Leave him alone. There area lot worse role models he could be copying.

And it looks like he's grown like a foot in the past few months. Boy's getting big, both physically, and on the course.

Post a vid or get out. Uli's step putt has been brought up ad nauseum, AB is mini-Paul yes, but WHO CARES? Now post a vid, or get out.

The kid is definitely copying his game after McBeth, right down to the pinky on the approach, hope he didn't purposely break his finger to achieve that lol

The kid is definitely copying his game after McBeth, right down to the pinky on the approach, hope he didn't purposely break his finger to achieve that lol

Copying the look is kinda/sorta fine, though still odd, it's copying all McBeth's mannerisms too that's weird/downright creepy.

PHP #12 - Buckingham Open, 2016 (Locastro, Addiego, Albright, Kile)

https://www.patreon.com/PureHyzerProductions | http://facebook.com/PureHyzerProductions

Sponsors:

MVP: http://mvpdiscsports.com
Axiom: http://www.axiomdiscs.com
Daredevil Discs: http://daredevildiscs.com
Fly Life: http://flylifediscgolf.com

Round 2, Lead Card coverage from Buckingham Open, 2016. This tournament takes place at the Buckingham Golf Course in Kelseyville, California on January 16th, 2016.

MPO Players: Nikko Locastro, Chris Addiego, Dallas Albright, Scott Kile

PDGA Results: http://www.pdga.com/tour/event/24547

Course:

Buckingham Golf Course: http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=7993

Latest posts