• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2016 Tourney Videos

Mmboy. This topic is heatedly debated on the reg, usually in the tourney video thread.

Video can't be used in respect to rules infractions, but I guess it could 'make him think'.

When I slow the vid down to .25 speed on YouTube, it looks like the disc is out of his hand (9:49) before his foot hits the ground. Same with Feldberg (9:56). It's very close, but un-callable IMO.

I agree with you, although you can argue it either way. My point is that he is close enough that a competitor should call him. This is a mental sport, and he is leaving himself susceptible to a call. Whether he is legal or not becomes a moot point.

Look at what Climo and Brown did to Stokely. The first call may have been legit, the second was an FU moment to ring in the point.

There isn't much anyone can say about AB copying Paul. I'd call it smart. PM has one of the best technical throws I've seen. If AB comes to Paul's level, by studying his style and copying it, he will have the last laugh.

I'm just thrilled that AB accepted cash in that event. Now I know I won't be running into him at Am worlds.

Anybody know when we might be seeing Paige in action, on film in 2016? Just "casually" curious :D ?

Speaking of FPOs, it'll be interesting to see if Jessica Weese can make the jump up to the Paige/Cat/Val/Sarah echelon, she was there or thereabouts last season. Any other women that might be challenging the lead quartet regularly in 2016?

Copying the look is kinda/sorta fine, though still odd, it's copying all McBeth's mannerisms too that's weird/downright creepy.

Have you never been a kid that has looked up to someone before? All kids are very impressionable and will start to imitate their peers and role models without even thinking about it. AB was pretty young when he started following McBeth around. Hell, he's still a kid.

I'm not sure anyone was knocking the kid for taking his style after McBeth, I just find it interesting. I have no problem with it at all. I wish my technique looked like McBeth's.

I like Clint (Eastwood, if we're talking celebs), but never even crossed my mind to start mimicking him in any way.

Right, and how old are you? How often do you and Clint hang out? Anthony Barela has been playing with Paul Mcbeth since he was 11 or 12.

Again, it's not that uncommon for kids to pick up habits/mannerisms from others.

Discussion happens in the video thread. Look at last years. Deal with it or don't start the thread.

That's exactly why. People shouldn't have to wade through 4 pages of BS discussion to find a tourney video in the TOURNEY VIDEO thread. If you want to talk about Uli's step putt, AB's McBeth similarities or whatever, make another thread.

That's exactly why. People shouldn't have to wade through 4 pages of BS discussion to find a tourney video in the TOURNEY VIDEO thread. If you want to talk about Uli's step putt, AB's McBeth similarities or whatever, make another thread.
You can try to control users behavior on the internet until your fingers and eyes bleed. I wish you all the luck in the world.

If this is the natural place for conversation/debate. This is where it will occur.

Thanks for starting the thread!

I really do wish we could have a second thread running called the "2016 Tourney Commentary Thread" and just move all the conversation topics over there. The Uli conversation is old, and really, it's only going to change if his cardmates start calling them on him. Will that happen? Who knows. But having a conversation where we repeat the same points for the trillionth cycle isn't really going to change much of anything

Can we talk about the Matt dollar video? I was intrigued by his self commentary and willingness to show a 970 round with new plastic. Looking forward to the next video.

I loved the Matt Dollar video and the willingness to just say whoops. And for Mr. Wizard I said as much on the youtube comments

I'm not sure anyone was knocking the kid for taking his style after McBeth, I just find it interesting. I have no problem with it at all. I wish my technique looked like McBeth's.

"Copying the look is kinda/sorta fine, though still odd, it's copying all McBeth's mannerisms too that's weird/downright creepy."

Whether he is legal or not becomes a moot point.

Um... no?

Also we should DEFINITELY have a 2016 tourney vid discussion thread. I personally find it nice to have discussion mixed in with the videos but I don't see any reason not to do it.

Another First World DG problem, but wish Terry would do commentary more (going to watch the latest one later, but assuming it doesn't have any). He did more commentary in the past, didn't he? Or am I just having a bout of nostalgia? Of course, would slow down his upload rate.

Vids? Anybody? Take it to another thread.

Gotta agree with Mr.Wizard.
Take it to another thread.
Others are correct that discussions have filled this thread in the past, but it just clutters up and makes the vids hard to find.

Keep the vids coming!
Thanks Marty (Savannah), Terry (Maricopa), Ian (Team and Sharktooth), Paavo (Buckingham) and also Matt (Savannah black).
You guys are making winter bearable.

Latest posts