• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2016 Vibram Birdie Bash

I'd like to screen shot and poster-sized print for posterity the scoring from the PDGA site for the Birdie Bash I attended -- I only got 6 points (3 birdies) the first round, but the PDGA gives it a 1226 round rating (points got mistaken for strokes).

If you've played one recently, it might be interesting to check out your own ratings.

I don't know if the TD for the Birdie Bash I went to even submitted the results. It's only for Open points anyway so who really gives a ****, but hardly any players I talked to were even aware this was a PDGA event. Seems like something that they really didn't need to do, aside from the insurance thing.

No, any money that is kicked back ($5 per player) was going to be used to purchase additional prizes (because the ones Vibram offers are pretty crappy)

That's exactly what I've always done with these kind of events. Moar Players, Moar Prizes! :thmbup:

My first year I had a enough players to have 3 ctp's both rounds and a ring of fire where everyone got something. But never again have I had enough players to do that.

I don't know if the TD for the Birdie Bash I went to even submitted the results. It's only for Open points anyway so who really gives a ****, but hardly any players I talked to were even aware this was a PDGA event. Seems like something that they really didn't need to do, aside from the insurance thing.

Well maybe like my Bash something went wrong submitting the results. Now I have to sort it out for the May ratings update.

No, any money that is kicked back ($5 per player) was going to be used to purchase additional prizes (because the ones Vibram offers are pretty crappy)

This is the truth. UPS just dropped off the works for the one I'm running this weekend. I am hustling down to the disc shop tomorrow morning to get some goodies to supplement the winners' plaques.

Came up with even more bad news for an already frustrating event.

My package was apparently shipped out on Monday. I still have not received our $5 per player through Paypal yet. (How the heck am I supposed to purchase add-ons to the dismal prize packs?)

But even worse, I received an email from UPS yesterday saying that my package was being delayed due to the fact that it was "missing a commercial invoice". (granted, my BB is not until next Saturday the 20th, but I am in Canada, and cant really afford too much of an unnecessary delay.)

How do you forget to put an invoice on the package? Its not like this is their first time running these events.

What am I supposed to do if this is not cleared up soon and I do not get my players packs in time??

Then today I get an email, apologising for their lack of putter selection (I don't think it affected any of my players directly that I am aware of)

It just shows to me their lack of organization and planning. Going into their 5th year, you would think they would have it all figured out by now.

I will definitely not be running another VBB in the future. Very disappointed in the way this company does business.

AND......to top it all off....I get a email from Vibram (Steve Dodge) today with a copy of the missing commercial invoice, stating that "hopefully you can get this to UPS so they will release the package"

WTF?? Because of someone else's incompetence, now I have to take care of it and try and fix their mistake?? Isn't that something they should be doing??? Talk about poor customer service!!

I've been so put off by my first experience running a VBB, that I will never run one again, and I certainly will never buy any of their products.

And on a side note, this is a direct quote from their website:

"The VBB is easy to run, fun for the players, and a money maker for you, your course, or your club. We will PayPal $5 per player to your account when we ship the player packs."

The package was sent out 5 days ago. Still no Paypal.

Wow. I have to say you are the exception on this. I have never heard of Vibram dropping the ball as hard as they did with you. I am honestly shocked.

I sent a gentle email reminder a day or two after my players packs shipped, and they did the PayPal transfer very quickly afterward.

I tried the gentle reminder route, my response was : "Seeing as your event is still 2 weeks out," (Um, no....it's next Saturday) "we were going to send it next week"

Is that before, or after my event?

As I stated earlier, their website claims my paypal should have been credited when the players packs shipped. That was last Monday

Just one disappointment after another.

After a few phone calls I did manage to get the missing invoice to UPS and they have forwarded it to whichever depot my package is sitting at, and stated my package will begin moving shortly. (Whenever that is)

I just hope it does not get held up any longer. ( with my luck with this whole process its probably going to magically get stuck at customs for some stupid reason)

I don't know what I'm going to do if the player packs do not arrive in time.