• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2016 Worlds Locations

I hope Lake Tahoe area puts in a bid again for 2016. Great courses, great views and a great vacation spot all around.

I hope Lake Tahoe area puts in a bid again for 2016. Great courses, great views and a great vacation spot all around.

i would imagine they have all the paperwork together. and it wouldnt be bad to jump from east to west from year to year.

^^^^^
I think the game has changed a ton since 2005. I think Nocky, blue, Jordan would make the cut....parkway needs to be reworked and tinicum is tough long to long but is nothing special. Long open holes are boring. Maybe if villas crossing is as good as everyone says it is that that would be a good option.

This line up could work....Nocky, blue both courses, Jordan with some adjustments, and villas crossing,

Perhaps you need to travel a bit more in order to realize how good we have it around here?
I used to think Tinicum was open and boring too, before I played there. It is flat and has a one completely open hole, but I play there at least once a week (since I live 5 mins away) and I'm not bored with it. A lot of people live in areas where all they have are flat/open courses, so shouldn't World's include one of those?

I would love to see it come to TX... I think DFW would be the best option, but I could see Am Worlds in Austin or Houston

Well, the Fall Summit was held earlier this week, and if they made any decisions on bid requirements, etc, I haven't seen or heard of any announcements yet. Since the PDGA doesn't post agendas for board meetings and summits, and only post meeting minutes a couple of months after they are held, only a select few know if this was even a topic of discussion.

Well, the Fall Summit was held earlier this week, and if they made any decisions on bid requirements, etc, I haven't seen or heard of any announcements yet. Since the PDGA doesn't post agendas for board meetings and summits, and only post meeting minutes a couple of months after they are held, only a select few know if this was even a topic of discussion.

I heard they were considering Lemon Lake again.

I heard they were considering Lemon Lake again.

seriously though ... if no one bids for it, a complex is the easiest way to go

Does Austin have the # of high quality courses to handle a pro worlds? ATL doesn't :\

Perhaps you need to travel a bit more in order to realize how good we have it around here?
I used to think Tinicum was open and boring too, before I played there. It is flat and has a one completely open hole, but I play there at least once a week (since I live 5 mins away) and I'm not bored with it. A lot of people live in areas where all they have are flat/open courses, so shouldn't World's include one of those?

Agreed. Tinicum longs, with added OB on a windy day, is nothing to scoff at. Parkway is solid and could be made more challenging with alt baskets and OB.

With Nocki, Blue Mt., Villas, Jordan, Parkway, Sellersville, South Mountain, then even Tinicum and Sankanac for the 2 farthest (30 miles from Allentown), how many more quality courses do you need for a well-rounded bid?

LV seems to be the common theme in this thread. Let's get the ball rolling.

Does Austin have the # of high quality courses to handle a pro worlds? ATL doesn't :\

roy g, circle c, manor, metcenter, austin ridge bible camp, wilco (but it's kinda far) and for backups there is searight, zilker, and a handful of north austin courses.

DFW: cedar hill (3 courses), crossroads, zboaz, saddle hills (with brand new concrete pads for the event!), turner park, gateway, bicentennial

Parkway and sank would need some serious work for a worlds. Parkway is a danger zone and sank would need new baskets on every hole and new tees on almost every hole. Sank is also closed for the summer due to summer camp. Not sure they would be open to a week of no camp plus another week or more for practice and other stuff.

Agreed. Tinicum longs, with added OB on a windy day, is nothing to scoff at. Parkway is solid and could be made more challenging with alt baskets and OB.

With Nocki, Blue Mt., Villas, Jordan, Parkway, Sellersville, South Mountain, then even Tinicum and Sankanac for the 2 farthest (30 miles from Allentown), how many more quality courses do you need for a well-rounded bid?

LV seems to be the common theme in this thread. Let's get the ball rolling.

Parkway and sank would need some serious work for a worlds. Parkway is a danger zone and sank would need new baskets on every hole and new tees on almost every hole. Sank is also closed for the summer due to summer camp. Not sure they would be open to a week of no camp plus another week or more for practice and other stuff.

Was not aware of the Sank closures during the summer, however baskets can always be replaced/transferred/fund-raised etc. for a Worlds bid, and the tees are not as poor IMO. Sank probably would not be necessary anyway.

Parkway can definitely be managed effectively for certain Worlds events.

The word on the street is that 2015 will be the last year of a Pro worlds with any other fields playing than Open Men and Open Women.

2016 Pro Worlds from what I hear, will be Open Men and Open Women only with harder qualifying standards.

There is also talk of worlds happening on only one course in 2016., possibly being run by the PDGA instead of local clubs.

2015 will be the last year of the Worlds Experience as it has been for the last 25 years.

Last edited:
Disc golf is not golf. DUMB. There are so many skills in disc golf. 1 course does not accurately test them.

We already have that tournament, it is called the USDGC. 7 rounds is so fun. 7.5 rounds on the same course would be stupid. So then they would make it what, just a few with a total field of 144? If the tournament was 4 rounds Uli would have won this year... So, we want more pros and more payout, but then limit the # of players by only having one course... these people... A pro worlds with MORE people...give 288 or more a chance to play and the payout for the winner would be even greater. But good, more reasons to stay Am.

Last edited:
More people does not make a better experience.

It will make Worlds a true test of the BEST golfers, instead of the ones who got invited and signed up the quickest.

And I don't know anything for sure. Just what I have overheard over the last year.

PDGA wants to take control of their brand and their event.

Nothing wrong with one or two courses. Or only making worlds a 4 day event.

The short course at Elon had nothing to do with Worlds -- i.e. it would have existed with or without Worlds.

I'm going to bet that it isn't that they're eliminating the age-protected divisions, just separating them into their own event. Just like the Ams get their own Worlds, so to will the age-protected Pro divisions.

And if it is that they're condensing Open and Women to one location run by the PDGA staff, it'll likely be at the IDGC so there'd still be three courses to play.

Latest posts