• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] 2017 Discraft Ace Race

are the micro mini's that come with the ace race pack legal for use as a marked in pdga events?

Do you just use pencil on the reuse able score card?

List:

F. Howl
elmexdela

Thrown it a dozen times now against an XL and Patriot... Definitely not Discraft's replacement for the XL. It's like a sharper Glide.

Going to throw it alongside some seasoned Pro and DX Leopards tonight, then I'll be ready to mail it off to elmexdela (PM your address).

are the micro mini's that come with the ace race pack legal for use as a marked in pdga events?

Do you just use pencil on the reuse able score card?

Yes and yes.

PDGA standard for a mini marker is between 7cm and 15cm. The micro mini is 7cm and the mini Buzzz is 15cm.

Standard pencil for the reusable card.

Thrown it a dozen times now against an XL and Patriot... Definitely not Discraft's replacement for the XL. It's like a sharper Glide.

Going to throw it alongside some seasoned Pro and DX Leopards tonight, then I'll be ready to mail it off to elmexdela (PM your address).

Potential to make your bag?

Potential to make your bag?

I don't think so. Anything that turns this quickly, I'm now covering with a forehanded Buzzz OS. Definitely not my long turnover fairway either. I prefer the thicker rim of the Patriot, and the Patriot can handle more power. If I regularly played really wooded areas, I might bag this as a touch hyzer flip, but a touch-flat-released Buzzz SS is getting that job done when it does come up, and I can cover more shots with the SS.

Thanks for mailing it out though!

i agree it is not a xl or xs replacement xpress replacement would where i would put it. I would put in the underworld, maul, or f7 grouping. for me it is longer then my glide shorter then my sail. It might make the bag after my last tourney of the year for winter time golf when clothes get in the way of full speed throws.

So this is very similar to last years Ace Race disc, speed 6 ish understable. meh, I guess I get it, its ace race, but, they should make it a straight shooter for more players

i agree it is not a xl or xs replacement xpress replacement would where i would put it. I would put in the underworld, maul, or f7 grouping. for me it is longer then my glide shorter then my sail. It might make the bag after my last tourney of the year for winter time golf when clothes get in the way of full speed throws.

I didn't even think of the Xpress...
Yes, it is smack in the middle of a Glide and Xpress.

So this is very similar to last years Ace Race disc, speed 6 ish understable. meh, I guess I get it, its ace race, but, they should make it a straight shooter for more players

it is faster and long then last years disc but about the same stability. I think it could be a complement to the undertaker. Like the innova guys who do the teebird leo thing discraft guys could do undertaker ar17. Just my guess though.

I recently decided I'm going to do this year's Ace Race event. I went from 2011-2014. Took the last two years off. What were those discs and what do they do? Anyone throw them? Has anyone bagged this year's disc? None of those discs I have made the bag lol.

I recently decided I'm going to do this year's Ace Race event. I went from 2011-2014. Took the last two years off. What were those discs and what do they do? Anyone throw them? Has anyone bagged this year's disc? None of those discs I have made the bag lol.

If memory serves, you missed:

2015 - Roach Putter, similar feel and shape to the Aviar PnA.
2016 - Archer Midrange, a retooled Discraft Stratus in premium plastic. Pretty understable. I found that it hyzer flipped great and was really fun as an AR disc.

So I just took this disc to a super wooded course, and I have to say it did great. I initially thought they were ultra flippy, but 75% on a hyzer flip is dead nuts straight, with some good fade back. I never touched it in the open (except as a turnover disc, and it was a tossup with the Archer), but this disc is MADE for woods.

If memory serves, you missed:

2015 - Roach Putter, similar feel and shape to the Aviar PnA.
2016 - Archer Midrange, a retooled Discraft Stratus in premium plastic. Pretty understable. I found that it hyzer flipped great and was really fun as an AR disc.

One of the reasons I took a break was that I became sick of the drivers. I wanted a Mid so bad. Lame that I missed them but oh well. Thank you!