• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] 2017 Discraft Ace Race

Well, I have bagged a Hornet in the past, but now use a Buzzz OS and/or Wasp. However, I do bag an Archer, Mantis, Heat and Roach.

I'm interested in seeing what they come up with this year. Maybe some kind of Putter designed specifically for drives?

A slow sliding turnover is my favorite flight to watch and execute, and the Meteor does it with ease. I never have trouble with these flipping into the ground. They stay up and just track to the right (RHBH).

I bag a Zombee (like it, but overlaps my Buzzz most of the time), Mantis (great flight, but a bit domey in my hand), and am messing with the Roach (which I'm pretty sure is finding a spot), but have yet to play an Ace Race. Doing this year's though, cuz I have a feeling like it's going to be a slightly faster XL.

I dont bag any AR discs currently but both my niece and her boyfriend putt with Roaches. He uses the Zombee as one of his main drivers.

I used to bag the Hornet before the BuzzzOS came out

A slow sliding turnover is my favorite flight to watch and execute, and the Meteor does it with ease. I never have trouble with these flipping into the ground. They stay up and just track to the right (RHBH).

I found the meteor to have a "point of no return". Sometimes you flip it and it wont come back at all, other times it wont get up to speed and stay hyzer.

It was as far as my fairways. I dont miss it though. I did bag meteors for probably 5 years.

I bag several Roach's. A group of 6 of us played that years' AR, and got 2 each. They're all super beat-in now and I use them for LHBH throwing, LHFH approach, and putting.

I haven't heard anything, but I agree a stable 7 speed driver would be cool.

...or JB Cyclone...:D:hfive:

I love to see a low profile putter less stable then the ringer. a ringer ss as it were. love the flight of the roach but i have a hard time geting a good power grip on it especially in the big z plastic.

I love to see a low profile putter less stable then the ringer. a ringer ss as it were. love the flight of the roach but i have a hard time geting a good power grip on it especially in the big z plastic.

Hmmm....have you tried a Colt? I didn't like them. Understable and glideless could have a purpose (a very specialized one) but without the stability to be able to rip on it or have it glide out on touch shots, it might not get very far.

Though I wonder if they made a dome on the flight plate isolated in the center like a Sonic, but with a low rim height...wish I had a 3d printer.

I want the stability of the roach with the profile of the ringer. basically what a d ringer turns in to just right off the shelf. I have not tried the colt.

Funny, I was going to suggest something more stable than a Ringer...a Zone SS perhaps

Latest posts