• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] 2017 Discraft Ace Race

Discraft could try to make a Nova-type disc that is an excellent approach disc and floats through the air. But not an overmold.

^ I was thinking the 2011 Ace Race Zeppelin. It must not have been well recieved seeings how it never made it to production.

Me too. The Zeppelin is floaty and can be deceptively long on approaches. I love them--I prefer to use them almost exclusively for putting, but I also use them effectively for soft anhyzers to the basket. They are too difficult to drive for me.

The zeppelin is..... No thx, give me an overstable putter with glide. Challenger premium plastic is disappointing.
Make a Wizard-like mold. Maybe copy the dga steady mold and release it in discraft plastics. Big Z Steady

The wizard was just an example. I could have said P2, aviar X,judge.... I dont feel like discraft has this type of putter that can handle torque.

Most of the time a HSS putter gets more overstable with premium plastic. For some reason, the chally doesnt.

The wizard was just an example. I could have said P2, aviar X,judge.... I dont feel like discraft has this type of putter that can handle torque.

Most of the time a HSS putter gets more overstable with premium plastic. For some reason, the chally doesnt.

From what I've seen & thrown, Challengers are beefiest in ESP FLX (now discontinuted :().
I have 6 of them (plus I've lost two more over the years), and all of them have been significantly more OS than the Challengers I've thrown in the following plastic types ( approx. # I've thrown next to each type):

Pro D; 3+
Soft X: 3+
Cryztal Z; 5+
Glow Z FLX; 2
Ti; 3

In fact, I've found both the Glo's and Ti's to be surprisingly not OS, but wouldn't describe them as US (i.e. definitely not APX-like).

I noticed that Discraft just announced on FB that they will be revealing this years disc "soon." Whatever that means...Are they really going to do that "soon" or does "soon" mean August 1st?

In other news, I only have 6 people signed up for my event and it's happening on 8/20. I'm kinda freaking out a little since I've never done one of these and I cannot afford to buy 14 packs on my own (to meet the 20 pack minimum) with the hopes of selling enough on walk-up business. Should I be worried? Do I need to step up my promotional game?

Well you don't have to order until early August, so you've got a few weeks.
First, try to get as many early sign-ups as you can (actually paid sign-ups).
I wouldn't depend on more than a few walk-ups.

Second, if that doesn't work, you can cancel anytime up until you pay for the player packs.

I noticed that Discraft just announced on FB that they will be revealing this years disc "soon." Whatever that means...Are they really going to do that "soon" or does "soon" mean August 1st?

In other news, I only have 6 people signed up for my event and it's happening on 8/20. I'm kinda freaking out a little since I've never done one of these and I cannot afford to buy 14 packs on my own (to meet the 20 pack minimum) with the hopes of selling enough on walk-up business. Should I be worried? Do I need to step up my promotional game?

I don't know how it is in your area, but most tourneys around my parts get the most sign ups at the last second. I'd still be posting on facebook or talking it up at weeklies to get it filled.

I posted on a couple local Facebook pages and have 5 who signed up today. Hold yourself accountable to posting once a week leading up to the event, pick a Friday or time that you think most disc golfers are online.

Print out the posters and hang up at your course; post in local shops, etc.