• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2017 Glass Blown Open

Either they lied to you, or our bartender didnt get that memo. I bought my first beer and gave him my voucher for the glass, and i got my beer in the glass.

Whatever, it's a very small detail. I got my glass and made a friend in the process. So all things being said it was worth it. I had a great time, got a bunch of nice things, had fabulous BBQ, met new people from all over the world, spoke with some of my favorite MPO & FPO players that I haven't seen in a year since the Majestic, roomed in a AirB&B with a great group of fellas and got to play disc golf on courses I've only seen on YouTube and in my dreams. What could be better than that!

Yep, makes it especially funny when top pros are complaining about weather delays or cancellations and extending the tournament into Sunday/Monday.

Half the people playing wouldn't be able to accommodate that.

And they're the ones subsidizing the payout.

By subsidizing payout, I hope you're talking about other pros, who, in someone's mind, "have no chance of cashing". I know this happens at a lot of tourneys, but from the vast majority of my experience, Dynamic Discs does not take from the Am side entry fees to add to the Pro purse. All of the Pro purse comes from the sponsors and their own entry fees. That's why DD went to the modified True Amateur format for their Am events a few years ago.

That's just the way DD has decided to handle payout in tournaments that they run.

I did mention "top pros" at the beginning of my post, but yes to clarify I meant just the Open Division.

By subsidizing payout, I hope you're talking about other pros, who, in someone's mind, "have no chance of cashing". I know this happens at a lot of tourneys, but from the vast majority of my experience, Dynamic Discs does not take from the Am side entry fees to add to the Pro purse. All of the Pro purse comes from the sponsors and their own entry fees. That's why DD went to the modified True Amateur format for their Am events a few years ago.

That's just the way DD has decided to handle payout in tournaments that they run.

For what it's worth, the True Amateur format doesn't prevent tournaments from using am merch margins to subsidize pro payouts. I'm sure DD does not use their margins that way (judging from their player packs and extras, there may be no margin to use anyway), but using the True Amateur set-up is not the reason.

For what it's worth, the True Amateur format doesn't prevent tournaments from using am merch margins to subsidize pro payouts. I'm sure DD does not use their margins that way (judging from their player packs and extras, there may be no margin to use anyway), but using the True Amateur set-up is not the reason.

Correct, and I understand, but to clarify -- when the decisions were made, things happened the other way around. They decided not to subsidize pro purse with Am money (first), THEN went to the (modified) True Amateur pay model.

Latest posts