• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2017 Prediction Contest - Main Thread

Which event in June would you prefer to predict?

• Utah Open

Votes: 3 8.3%
  • Beaver State Fling

Votes: 28 77.8%
  • Don't care

Votes: 5 13.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Here's the fix. dj is actually still killin' it, and sidewinder had a nice advancement as well.

Attachments

• 2017Worlds.jpg
    2017Worlds.jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 19
I had previously entered the gamble results incorrectly. The first time I entered that you got 10+10 = 20 for the gamble, but you actually got one of them wrong. Thus, your score was corrected to 10-10 = 0 for the gamble. It's shown in the far right column of the incorrect and correct spreadsheet screenshots. Sorry. Same thing happened to me - I just risked a bit less.

Ledgestone results:

Very few changes, because I went ahead and excluded the 3rd lowest round from totals, and this was in the bottom 3 for many people. I realized once the tournament started that it was weighted a bit too heavily towards the ladies. But also, the fact that McSocki didn't win, and PP and Cat finished poorly, didn't help most people (myself included). Ultimately 4 lowest rounds will be excluded.

I got the sub 1000 finishing place (18th) correct, and gave a point for people who were within 5 on either side. ryanwilli7 guessed Risley 21st, and got 3 points here. Nobody thought there'd be a tie in FPO, so that bonus did earn many points (Sidewinder and TimSyl each got 2). Inverted had all 4 MPO players count towards their total - so that was impressive.

Idlewild starts in about a week.

Attachments

• 2017Ledge.jpg
    2017Ledge.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 18
Here are the totals after Idlewild is entered. All 4 lowest rounds have been excluded now, since we're nearly done with the season. Can dj pull out a repeat even without ridiculous bonuses in play?

Attachments

• 2017 Idlewild Totals.png
    2017 Idlewild Totals.png
    19.7 KB · Views: 15
Here are the updated totals after USDGC. Looks like dj is wrapping up another winning season, though sw or bnbanbury could still swing a win if they all gambled the maximum and things fall the right way.

Good job, Sexton! Wish I'd have picked you instead of Lizotte (who has never played particularly well there). How did only one person pick Sexton?

From GMC, I actually decided to drop the top 4 instead of the top 3. Cale (4th place) averaged rounds that were higher than McBeth's current rating, so perhaps McBeth would have finished out of top 4 if he'd have finished.

Attachments

• 2017USDGC.jpg
    2017USDGC.jpg
    128 KB · Views: 29
DGPT Finals are Final!

And this was the Final Event of the pick 'em season...

Time to figure out the standings and crown our Champ!

Well looks like we will have to total this ourselves to find out how it wrapped up. :confused:

This is a fitting end to the lack luster participation in this for the year. :thmbdown:

I'm fairly confident I won. I don't care about getting any prizes or anything, but a final total would be nice. Oh well.

Happy 2018, everyone!

...Well, I'm even a bit late saying that. Sorry about all that.

But yes, dj, you won! Rather handily. Congrats to you, as well as to bnbanbury, and sidewinder22, in 2nd and 3rd, the only 2 players to finish somewhat close to dj.

Boy, that final prediction process was a mess, with so many players not showing up. Let's hope participation is a bit better this year, even though it did still make for some interesting play.

Attachments

• 2017Finals.jpg
    2017Finals.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 8

Latest posts