• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2017 USDGC

Why? She is friends with these card mates and probably plays practice/casual rounds with them all the time. It also isn't her first time to play Winthrop gold or have a gallery.

Yea. I just meant its got to be hard to stick to her own game with those guys bombing drives all over the place.

It's gotta be tough for Paige to be on that card.

If you go to the DGWT live scoring page and play a couple of her videos (where the little camera shows up), she's getting a lot of vocal support from her card, particularly Big Jerm. Being on a card with her long time friend and doubles partner is probably the best possible scenario for her first USDGC appearance.

I guess "bombing drives" was a poor choice of words. I was just thinking that with Paul and Jerm tearing up the course, its gotta be hard to keep yourself from pressing. She is as competitive as anyone, so its only natural to try to push it a little too much.

Hopefully Jerm and Nate are doing the commentary for tomorrow's round. Its been rare for both of them to have been on the card, lately. I like the way they tease each other, reminds me of my weekend group...

Ricky must've tried to drive the green for an eagle on 9... The real play there is flick to the ballfield fence... take relief and then it's a putter to the green for easy birdie. Maybe he's thinking for for it on first day and safer down the stretch depending on how far ahead or behind you are.

So I guess that's what makes it a cool hole... can easily be birdied with conservative route, but an eagle is on the table if you have the stones to go for it.

Ricky threw a very conservative drive on hole 9 (about 250) and threw his upshot OB--from the same lie he threw another upshot for a short bogey 5. 9 players drove the green, 4 (Jones, Simon, Geisinger, and Barela) eagled it, 4 birdie, and one player 4-putted for a bogey. The really safe play was a backhand roller to the ballfield fence (taken by 7 players--all were left with about a 150 approach.

the champions of champions tournament. just run down the list..everybody is badass..I mean everybody.

if you place top ten here you are one of the greats for sure..

****, nate perkins who nearly won a disc golf pro tour didn't even qualify thats when you know these guys are all in a league of their own.

So far, the hole where the score is the steepest as a function of rating is #13. Every 33 ratings points saves a player 1 expected throw on that hole.

The hole that has the least regard for the rating of the player is hole is #17 where it takes 601 ratings points to change your score by 1 throw; but in this case those extra ratings points make your score go up.

Tracks
attachment.php

Attachments

• USDGC17Rd1.png
    USDGC17Rd1.png
    122.1 KB · Views: 274
I guess "bombing drives" was a poor choice of words. I was just thinking that with Paul and Jerm tearing up the course, its gotta be hard to keep yourself from pressing. She is as competitive as anyone, so its only natural to try to push it a little too much.

"Bombing drives" doesn't help THAT much at Winthrop gold.

Not only do I know how a business model works, I know it can be done as a win-win for all sides and without any loss of integrity. Jussi could use a lesson on that, especially that last part.

This is just as repetitive as the retees on hole 17...

In business a decision is made with a certain logic and expected outcome. There's absolutely nothing wrong with sticking to your initial decision...you made it in the first place for a certain reason. You may not agree with the logic, and you're entitled to disagree.

But acting like the dude is the dg root of all evil is just silly.

This is just as repetitive as the retees on hole 17...

In business a decision is made with a certain logic and expected outcome. There's absolutely nothing wrong with sticking to your initial decision...you made it in the first place for a certain reason. You may not agree with the logic, and you're entitled to disagree.

But acting like the dude is the dg root of all evil is just silly.

Perhaps a better way to say it is that they are where they are because they want one name associated with the event, Innova, and they weren't willing to pick up the entire cost of live on their own. Of course, I don't know how PDGA pay would impact that.

SD is stating his case pretty harshly, but Jussie did get caught in a lie about this last year. That combined with no coverage this year leaves a sour taste, no matter how you slice it.

On a bigger note, the notion that USDGC belongs to Innova/Discmania and they dont want anyone else's name on it isn't sustainable long term. That model was all the rage in the fifties and got dropped for one reason, too costly. Long term, more flexible models, like DGPT, will out perform. It will be an interesting business study to see how long the current control structure of USDGC lasts.

You're comparing the USDGC, one tournament, which happens to be in Innova East's back yard to the entire DGPT. Not even close to the same thing. USDGC is in every way imaginable Innova's tournament.

The Memorial and Ledgestone are both Discraft exclusive events, and part of the DGPT.

You're comparing the USDGC, one tournament, which happens to be in Innova East's back yard to the entire DGPT. Not even close to the same thing. USDGC is in every way imaginable Innova's tournament.

The Memorial and Ledgestone are both Discraft exclusive events, and part of the DGPT.

The thing is, no DGPT event is "exclusive" to any one company-and that's one of the things I like about it. On the live feed are ads from all sorts of companies-think you'll ever see that on SPIN TV? When Innova has a tournament, they want the whole enchilada, because they seem to really believe their slogan "WE ARE DISC GOLF"...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1duO9e-Xhs

The thing is, no DGPT event is "exclusive" to any one company-and that's one of the things I like about it. On the live feed are ads from all sorts of companies-think you'll ever see that on SPIN TV? When Innova has a tournament, they want the whole enchilada, because they seem to really believe their slogan "WE ARE DISC GOLF"...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1duO9e-Xhs

Go play in Ledgestone and see if you can redeem your am vouchers for anything other than Discraft. That's about as exclusive as it gets...no different than how the USDGC is exclusive to Innova. Lyle was talking about the DGPT being a better platform than USDGC. One tournament is not the same thing as an entire tour series. The DGPT has events within its tour that are exclusive to one particular manufacturer...no different than the USDGC. He was comparing apples to oranges.

Now a manufacturer having exclusivity to an event and anybody purchasing advertising space during a broadcast is again apples to oranges. Innova is a premier partner of the DGPT...aka they support both sides of the DGCR imagined tour rivalry.

Go play in Ledgestone and see if you can redeem your am vouchers for anything other than Discraft. That's about as exclusive as it gets...no different than how the USDGC is exclusive to Innova. Lyle was talking about the DGPT being a better platform than USDGC. One tournament is not the same thing as an entire tour series. The DGPT has events within its tour that are exclusive to one particular manufacturer...no different than the USDGC. He was comparing apples to oranges.

Now a manufacturer having exclusivity to an event and anybody purchasing advertising space during a broadcast is again apples to oranges. Innova is a premier partner of the DGPT...aka they support both sides of the DGCR imagined tour rivalry.

So when I watch the video from Spin (hopefully) tomorrow, will I see ads for other disc golf companies? Will I hear non Innova/Discmania player commentary mentioning non Innova/Discmania disc? No and no. Well, maybe we'll hear a token mention here and there, but for the most part it will be a steady diet of Star Destroyers, Rocs, Aviars and Nate Sexton Firebirds. Post produced video is the most powerful marketing tool available to disc golf companies in the current environment-and kudos to Innova for understanding that and fully taking advantage of it. But it doesn't mean I have to like it. Note to other disc golf companies...are you understanding how this works yet? I was amazed when DD let Ian go to Innova early on. What were they thinking? And Prodigy turned his offer of commentary down? Again, what were they thinking?

So when I watch the video from Spin (hopefully) tomorrow, will I see ads for other disc golf companies? Will I hear non Innova/Discmania player commentary mentioning non Innova/Discmania disc? No and no. Well, maybe we'll hear a token mention here and there, but for the most part it will be a steady diet of Star Destroyers, Rocs, Aviars and Nate Sexton Firebirds. Post produced video is the most powerful marketing tool available to disc golf companies in the current environment-and kudos to Innova for understanding that and fully taking advantage of it. But it doesn't mean I have to like it. Note to other disc golf companies...are you understanding how this works yet? I was amazed when DD let Ian go to Innova early on. What were they thinking? And Prodigy turned his offer of commentary down? Again, what were they thinking?

You're absolutely right, when it's your own production company handling the content you can include or exclude whatever you want. There's obviously pros and cons to that. Keeping everybody else out means exclusivity in advertising but it also means you're getting no help covering the cost.

DGPT and DGWT has been beat to death but it boils down to them just being different. Different purposes, different goals, different ways of making them happen. I think each knows what it wants to be, and maybe over a bit more time you'll start to see them delineate so they can be each appreciated for what they are.

As far as live coverage goes, maybe I'd be more excited if these larger events didn't seem to be a victory lap come the final round. It doesn't seem like there have been a lot of down to the wire finishes at the big ones in the last 2 years or so.