• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2017 USDGC

I may hold you to it. My wife likes international travel. We've not gone that far North yet, but I want to. We will see. Of course, I want to come there for the Neste Rally. Hardly disc golf season.

Wait, what? Neste Rally in Jyväskylä is always in the summer. Days are so long a week will feel like two ;)

Wait, what? Neste Rally in Jyväskylä is always in the summer. Days are so long a week will feel like two ;)

Oh God, don't get old, see what it does to your mind. You are correct, dirt roads, fast, lots of flying, and I blew it. You know how we Americans are, we can't get anything about Europe right... sigh.

No MAJOR changes for 2017.
Quite a few tweaks.
Some quick highlights:
#8 is all OB, and tightened considerably, as mentioned before.
#15 has a triple mando.
#13's B basket is way farther back on the island.
#5's B basket is way further back.
#6 is all OB, no hazard.
In general, tougher, longer, tighter.

Quite a few tweaks.
Some quick highlights:
#8 is all OB, and tightened considerably, as mentioned before.
#15 has a triple mando.
#13's B basket is way farther back on the island.
#6 is all OB, no hazard.
In general, tougher, longer, tighter.[/QUOTE

Think you missed a few things and got some things wrong there

Look at what used to be hole 888, now the old fairway is all ob and what we played as hazard last year is now the fairway for the first part of the hole

Hold the presses, upon further inspection...
Hole 13's OB has been reversed.
OB to the right of the walking path, safe to the left - in the big field.

Hole 18A, which is in play for Qualifying, Wednesday and on Saturday, is a 399' Par3.
Thursday and Friday play to the old pin as a par 4.

Quite a few tweaks.
Some quick highlights:
#8 is all OB, and tightened considerably, as mentioned before. Actually hole 9
#15 has a triple mando. Same as last year
#13's B basket is way farther back on the island. Actually the new tee adds a lot of length and where the OB is has changed
#6 is all OB, no hazard.Same as last year
In general, tougher, longer, tighter.

My comments, bolded

Looks like 1 doesn't have both pins anymore.
Alternate pin on 5 is really deep and right location.
9 is back to OB and old teepad.
13 is now playing left side fairway instead of right side and no OB on left.

Hole 13, while longer now at 999 and 1111 (instead of 888) is much easier in my opinion. Much more room to land. I don't think we'll see folks taking 13s any longer.

This seems to be a good change. I hope it yields at least some amount of players still going for the green in two and does not end up being a soft Par 5.

Hole 1: Basket farther uphill/left. Only 1 basket position.
Hole 2: Hazard on right slightly lengthened.
Hole 3: Rejiggered the hazard line in the woods to be less punishing.
Hole 5: Lengthened the B position. Now the mando will be a more significant obstacle
Hole 8: OB line on right (between 8/16 fairway) has been removed (it was removed prior to 2016 as well).
Hole 9: Moved tee back to original tee. Rejiggered OB lines
Hole 13: New B pin (ultra long instead of on the short-side peninsula). OB/Hazard has flip-flopped. Ditch is now OB
Hole 16: Only 1 basket position. OB line on right (between 8/16 fairway) has been removed (prior to 2016).

Has Hole 2 had a drop zone behind that brick building for long? Caddybook makes it look almost directly between the drop zone tee area and the basket

yeah that drop zone on 2 has been there at least since 2014

Makes sense, I moved to Dallas from SC in October of 2013 and had to stop going attending. Real disappointment too, we used to load up a car for at least the Sunday charity round every year.

If you have a chance to go to the USDGC even once, do it. Innova does an amazing job making this as professional as can be, but still feel like a 'family' of disc golfers. The only thing missing is the free ice cream from the elderly gentleman (can't recall his name) in the Pro Shop.

Does anyone know how the hole were assigned to the various 18 states? These don't seem to change and appear random, but I'm sure there is some meaning behind why Hole 1 is Maryland and Hole 17 is George, etc.

Does anyone know how the hole were assigned to the various 18 states? These don't seem to change and appear random, but I'm sure there is some meaning behind why Hole 1 is Maryland and Hole 17 is George, etc.

Lucky George. He gets all the good holes.

Latest posts