• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] 2018 Ace Race disc?

I'm gonna guess a Meteor that's a little thicker/chunkier so it'll be a lil slower - as long as its not Super flip and more of a power smooth anny - it'll be a good disc - especially in Max Weight.

I'm hoping this may work as a true straight mid. I've been using an impact and powering down, but that's not the most consistent throw.

I'm gonna guess a Meteor that's a little thicker/chunkier so it'll be a lil slower - as long as its not Super flip and more of a power smooth anny - it'll be a good disc - especially in Max Weight.

I am hoping it is not a Meteor like disc. It is the only Discraft mid that I have thrown that I have disliked.
When my mid turns over, I want it to stay turned over and not flex out at the end.

The DGA Squall is a much better US disc than the Meteor...heres hoping it is a slower Squall.

going to wait for the reviews before i pull the trigger on these

has some of my interest

hopefully some of my homies acquire one so i can just try theirs

I am hoping it is not a Meteor like disc. It is the only Discraft mid that I have thrown that I have disliked.
When my mid turns over, I want it to stay turned over and not flex out at the end.

The DGA Squall is a much better US disc than the Meteor...heres hoping it is a slower Squall.
Interesting, my Z meteor is the most versatile understable mid I've thrown. I don't get a big fade at the end unless I throw it underpowered on a hyzer (which is not what I use it for anyway). It's my go-to when I need a laser-straight or slight turning tunnel shot. Ridiculous amount of glide and resists turning over too much unless I really mash on it.

Shouldn't we be seeing some folks who have actually thrown it? From what I can see some of the ace races have already happened.

I will drive more with a putter than a mid range. I like to throw standstill floaty shots with my mids.
I had a hard time figuring out where the disc speed would go into fade.

This being a slower disc, the ace race disc probably will be fine even if it has the same shaped flight.

As long as it is not a Hawk, I never quite liked how those feel in the hand, a bit awkward in the rim, only Understable midrange disc I did not like from Discraft I have felt. I felt most of them before.

Last edited:
My last understable mid was an Innova panther that I didn't own for very long. Looking forward to some variety (once I picked up the ultra straight mako3, I only increased the stability from there on my mids, learning to love my hornet along the way). Will be fun to go the other way for once

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Super (unpredictably) understable

I got two of the 2018 Ace Race discs this past weekend (South Mountain Ace Race, Bethlehem, PA) and boy are these suckers understable. I don't throw DC very often (other than a Z Buzzz) so I can't identify the exact plastic. It feels like a less durable Innova Pro plastic, maybe softer.

I got one max weight and one 166. These things are so understable, a noodle arm will turn them over. The consensus in my group was negative. I think this might be a good mid for a true beginner, but turns over way to easily to find a place in my bag. I appreciate a good undertstable mid, but this disc was too unpredictable.

Sometime it flies straight like a beat Roc, other times it turns over with low power and never comes back. If you throw it with high any, it will sometimes fade back, landing softly in the chains, other times it never fades back.

Oh well.

Latest posts