• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2019 Ledgestone

JohtoVillage

Birdie Member
Gold level trusted reviewer
Registration is open now for AMS and all Age Protected Pros:

https://www.discgolfscene.com/tourn...stone_Insurance_Open_A_Tier_2019/registration

Registration is open for MPO 970+ and FPO 870+ here:

https://www.discgolfscene.com/tournaments/Discraft_Ledgestone_Insurance_Open_DGPT_2019

This year promises to be our biggest year ever. We will have a record AM payout and the typical MASSIVE player's pack for AM players.

Here is the tentative events schedule: http://lisopen.com/event/2019/default.aspx

And here is the tentative course schedule: http://lisopen.com/event/2019/course-schedule.aspx

The projected payouts for all divisions will be posted soon.

https://www.dgpt.com/ledgestone-insurance-open-spectator-info.html
For the last four years, the Ledgestone Open, presented by Discraft, has been the richest tournament in disc golf history, paying out over $400,000. Without the great support of the disc golf community, they would never be able to make this happen.

The MPO side will be held at the ultra challenging Eureka Lake temp course. The women's side will be played at Sunset Hills. Both the men and women will be challenged to perform at the highest level to claim the Ledgestone crown.

Between the beauty that is Peoria in the summer, the great support of the local community, and the fundraising skills of the Ledgestone staff, the Ledgestone Insurance Open, presented by Discraft, promises to be one of the highlights of the Pro Tour season.

FPO 10:30am MPO 4:30pm est start times Fri-Sun

Jomez, CCDG and Gatekeeper on post pro.

https://www.facebook.com/pg/DiscGolfProTour/posts/?ref=page_internal
The fan vote for Discraft Disc Golf's Ledgestone Insurance Open is underway.

There will be three MPO feature cards on Friday.

The Live feature card will include last year's runner-up Chris Dickerson, Tour Points Leader Eagle McMahon, Discraft Disc Golf player Brian Earhart and the winner of the fan vote.

The CentralCoastDiscGolf feature card will include event choice Michael Johansen MJ, Discraft Disc Golf player Benjamin S Callaway and the second and third place in the fan vote.

The JomezPro feature card will include event choice Simon Lizotte, Discraft Disc Golf player Paul McBeth and the fourth and fifth place in the fan vote.

The top ten in tour points not already on a feature card, attending, and not a previous fan vote winner are up for vote alongside two local players. You can vote by liking, commenting, and sharing once each day until Tuesday at 5 PM ET.

Up for vote Ricky "Sockibomb" Wysocki, Adam Hammes, James W Conrad III, Garrett "Double G" Gurthie, Calvin Heimburg, Andrew Preznell, Matt Orum, Drew Gibson, Austin Hannum, Jeremy "Big Jerm" Koling, Dana Vicich, and Gary Patton.

The FPO Fan Vote is underway for Discraft Disc Golf's Ledgestone Insurance Open.

There will be two feature cards on the first day of competition.

The live feature card will include last year's champion Jessica weese, event runner up Sarah Hokom, Discraft Disc Golf player Vanessa Van Dyken, and Fan Vote Winner #1.

The second feature card will be filmed by GK Productions and include event choice Catrina Allen, GK choice Paige Pierce, and Fan Vote Winners 2 & 3.

The following players are up for fan vote based on tour points standings and local picks. You can vote by liking, commenting, and sharing the photo of the player of your choice one time per day until Tuesday at 5 PM ET.

The following players are up for vote: Rebecca Cox, Madison Walker, Kona Panis Disc Golf, Lisa Fajkus Disc Golf Athlete, Callie McMorran, Holly Finley, Hailey King, Erika Stinchcomb, Hannah E. McBeth, Jennifer Allen 15354, Sarah Gilpin, and Kacie Glade.

Registration Notice! Ledgestone registration closes TONIGHT at 11:59PM and there will be no exceptions! If you want to play in the event you must sign up tonight. This is your last chance! Here is the link: https://lisopen.com/register/ #lisopen #discraft #playdiscgolf

Neither does throwing thru the supports for a baseball field's light towers.;)

I get it. Bamboo triple mando is putt putt as well. But, it's the USDGC so it gets a pass due to prestige.

Claiming to have the biggest purse so that you can pay out to 90th place or whatever without making top ten cash heavy also seems pretty gimmicky to me. But at least Ams get a backpack in their player's pack.

Claiming to have the biggest purse so that you can pay out to 90th place or whatever without making top ten cash heavy also seems pretty gimmicky to me.

What are you talking about?

Last year, 81 got paid in MPO. Standard PDGA pay table for 45% of a field of 176 players would pay 80 players. There was a 6-way tie for 76th, hence 81 paid. So they didn't pay any extra players compared to pretty much every other PDGA event.

If you take the purse they paid out to MPO ($79,694) and plug that into the PDGA payout calculator for 176 total players, the exact payouts to the top ten (no rounding, no playing with the amounts) would have been: $6284, 4164, 3273, 2759, 2417, 2169, 1979, 1829, 1705, 1602. The actual payouts at last year's Ledgestone: $7000, 4600, 3600, 3000, 2600, 2200, 2200, 2000, 1850, 1850. Last cash (T76th) was $230. Per the standard table, that should have $394.

Looks like they did distribute the cash disproportionately to the top ten rather than push the cash further down than what would be normal. You have it 100% backwards.

I guess. It still feels like a disc golf course. Throwing over a baseball diamond, bouncing off a water tower, that doesn't seem much like disc golf to me.

Thats what happens when you dont have the pros play the best course in the area, McNaughton (subjective). Ledgestone was fun when it was McNaughton and not circus North woods.

Claiming to have the biggest purse so that you can pay out to 90th place or whatever without making top ten cash heavy also seems pretty gimmicky to me. But at least Ams get a backpack in their player's pack.

That is insane. You won't hear one Pro complaining about payouts at LIS. Total purse of over $102,000 last year. LIS payouts are by far the best. Just checkout last years payouts to some of the current events this year. USDGC had a payout of $70,000 last year.
https://www.pdga.com/tour/event/34137#MPO

Memorial
https://www.pdga.com/tour/event/38761#MPO
Waco
https://www.pdga.com/tour/event/38890#MPO
Jonesboro
https://www.pdga.com/tour/event/38682#MPO

Thats what happens when you dont have the pros play the best course in the area, McNaughton (subjective). Ledgestone was fun when it was McNaughton and not circus North woods.

"circus" Northwood? Not sure what you mean. I haven't played McNaughton but thought Northwood was a very good course.

I guess. It still feels like a disc golf course. Throwing over a baseball diamond, bouncing off a water tower, that doesn't seem much like disc golf to me.

If the baseball field was a pond, or the water tower a huge tree would that remove the whole gimmicky aspect?

Because that's how they play.

"circus" Northwood? Not sure what you mean. I haven't played McNaughton but thought Northwood was a very good course.

That would be when they just threw a bunch of unnatural OB everywhere with stroke and distance I think. I cant remember now exactly what it was but i remember watching it and just thinking, man this is stupid. But I agree, Northwood is a very good course minus what I said.

That would be when they just threw a bunch of unnatural OB everywhere with stroke and distance I think. I cant remember now exactly what it was but i remember watching it and just thinking, man this is stupid. But I agree, Northwood is a very good course minus what I said.

Are they using Northwood for Worlds?

Are they using Northwood for Worlds?

Yes. Apparently it's been re-designed to some extent to make it more of a true Gold course. MPO will not be playing it this weekend. It's the MA1 course for the Ledgestone.

There does seem to be some name confusion going on in the thread. The course with the baseball field and the water tower and all the roped OB is Lake Eureka, not Northwood.

I don't know anything about any of these courses other than what I've seen on video from past Ledgestones. Eureka as it exists now is a worthy course for Worlds. Sounds like Northwood Gold is as well though that's only the word of a couple people that played a warm-up event last month. McNaughton might be a nice course but it doesn't strike me as a Gold level course good for MPO at this level. Not if it is being used as the MA3 course for the Ledgestone. Maybe it has longer tees or pin placements that aren't being used for the event, but something doesn't compute for me when people suggest Ledgestone would be better if MPO played there.

I played Northwood gold today (minus the few pads that they finished putting in today) and it will be an excellent compliment to Lake Eureka. Lots of tight lines with natural OB. Most of the "open" holes still have lines/ceilings to hit. You'll probably only see a few spike hyzers. Other than the occasional OB road or fence (which don't come into play) I think there were only two "unnatural" OB lines. One was there because if you went looking for your disc in the rough, you'd fall down a cliff you didn't know was there. The other was an island hole, but I would only expect an MPO player to lay up unless playing for position.

I saw the old pads for the old Northwood course. The new additions add a lot of challenge.

What are you talking about?

Last year, 81 got paid in MPO. Standard PDGA pay table for 45% of a field of 176 players would pay 80 players. There was a 6-way tie for 76th, hence 81 paid. So they didn't pay any extra players compared to pretty much every other PDGA event.

If you take the purse they paid out to MPO ($79,694) and plug that into the PDGA payout calculator for 176 total players, the exact payouts to the top ten (no rounding, no playing with the amounts) would have been: $6284, 4164, 3273, 2759, 2417, 2169, 1979, 1829, 1705, 1602. The actual payouts at last year's Ledgestone: $7000, 4600, 3600, 3000, 2600, 2200, 2200, 2000, 1850, 1850. Last cash (T76th) was $230. Per the standard table, that should have $394.

Looks like they did distribute the cash disproportionately to the top ten rather than push the cash further down than what would be normal. You have it 100% backwards.

My pet peeve is events that rob the bottom players to boost the top payout.

However, it appears the math above is off a little. When I put the MPO purse into the large event payout calculator (I got $79,964 total) and set payout 45%, the last place paid is 78th. Since 6 tied for 76th place, the six players have to split the last cash which is $1,430. Divided by 6, the last place cashers should have received $238.00 each. This could be fairly rounded to the $230.00 they each received. So 2018 Ledgestone did the payouts correctly and did NOT rob Last Place Peter to pay First Place Paul (aka Nate Sexton).

Last edited:

Latest posts