• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2021 PDGA Board of Directors Elections

ROFL Comrade. Your usage of sport when describing your AM plight is touching, but misplaced.

Your extended response and final paragraph clearly show this is a debate. I don't need to reread this thread. One post is enough to see your inherent internal contradictions when formulating a thought, which delegitimizes any previous statement of yours.

Did I tell you what your vision or narrative should be? No. I didn't.

Go put words in someone else's mouth.

Oh, and nice post edit about the AM base. David will do great things for the AM base. He will also do wonders for global partner engagement. Do you know what that is? Don't lie.

David may be a terrific candidate. That will be for me to decide. Again, you are not saying anything. Why don't you regale us with your top down growth stories? I think the discussion has merit. I think that there has been and will continue to be growth realized in all parts of the game from the pro factions.

For all to remember that the DGPT and touring pros represent but a sliver of the professional PDGA ranks. There are around 13,000 active pro PDGA players at this time. Please tell us what David is going to do for them?

You see, David has not made any sort of statement, as to what he can or cannot do for the PDGA, nor the player base he hope to represent. If you have inside knowledge, I would love to hear it. I suspect you do not.

Again, I completely disagree that the best way forward, for the growth of the sport, is via promotion of touring professional disc golfers.

If your stance is different, I cannot tell what your stance is, I am interested in following the benefits to the above group of 13,000 members.

Disclaimer: I am not voting for David. Or any other candidate.

Merely here for pure, honest, disc golf debating.

Because isn't that what we do here at DGCR?!

Yes. It is.

And again, another contemporary allegory. And yes, I am indeed using the word contemporary correctly in context of this debate.

:doh::doh: :wall::wall: :confused::confused:

This is not a debate. I am not stumping for one candidate over another. I have never even stated if I would vote for or against any candidate. I simply stated my "contemporary opinion" on future growth of the sport (yup, again my opinion...based on the role the activity serves for me). If you had bothered to read the thread, you would have read my thoughts on top down vs bottom up growth.

Does my opinion fit my "narrative and vision"? Well, I would hope so. I have no real interest in the pro side of the sport. My work and sweat is solely directed toward AM growth, and will continue to be. It is MY PDGA, I will continue to work on and clean up courses, run a beginners league and help put on 7 or 8 tournaments a season. I will seek out and vote for candidates that I feel best help out myself, my club, my disc golf community and the sport in general. You are welcome to present an alternate opinion (which you utterly failed to do), but don't tell my what my vision or narrative should be.

Lastly, let us not forget that the PDGA represent a vastly amateur player base.

What does the P in PDGA stand for?

Maybe it should be called the USDGA if it mainly deals with amateurs.

Just saying.

Why US. The PDGA is Global

Well then, the WDGA,. We should have different organizations running the different sides, like most all other sports do. I don't care what they call it. Just that the pro and ams should be governed by different organizations. I am sure RUPoor wouldn't mind seeing the pro side of it split off. But as it is, it hasn't, so if you care about the PDGA you should care about both sides of the game, or you probably shouldn't comment on board elections, etc.

Well then, the WDGA,. We should have different organizations running the different sides, like most all other sports do. I don't care what they call it. Just that the pro and ams should be governed by different organizations. I am sure RUPoor wouldn't mind seeing the pro side of it split off. But as it is, it hasn't, so if you care about the PDGA you should care about both sides of the game, or you probably shouldn't comment on board elections, etc.
A Pro only org has never been able to stand on its own and the jury is still out on whether DGPT could stand on its own without ongoing subsidization in money, PDGA support and core efforts by volunteers. That's why several of your suggestions or criticisms make no sense in light of the continuously evolving and not yet fully developed MFPro world.

Who died and put you in charge telling people what they should or should not do?

Sounds like you should start up the WDGA since you care so much about the project.

Who died and put you in charge telling people what they should or should not do?

Sounds like you should start up the WDGA since you care so much about the project.
I have BGC on ignore still so I only see his blabber when someone quotes him...
But he will get on that probably after he designs and starts producing his mini baskets...
You know, because that is what everyone wants...

I received a reply today from the PDGA regarding David Schreff. They do not release contact or personal info for candidates but said David is an active messenger on his Linkedin profile and that PDGA will post interviews with David & other candidates soon.

Skimmed the Schreff interview, he had a few good points. Specifically talking about filling the funnel and getting kids involved and building a base of lifelong participants. The first part of the interview seemed to focus a lot on the am side, but later he was talking about how to monetize dg. To me at least it came across as an end goal of monetizing and working backwards in order to find the path to monetizing.

Not saying that's necessarily a bad thing, but to me seems more relevant to the DGPT than the PDGA.

As a comparison the Petrea interview focuses a lot on the relationship between the PDGA and local parks and rec departments. He talks about filling the funnel too, but you can tell that it's purpose isn't to build a player base to use for monetization purposes.

Just a matter of what approach appeals to you.

Professionally run to globally oversee the sport, not just for those who play for cash.

LOL. Typical response for this place.

Sorry, BGC, but it's not a snark -- it's a fact.

You've misread the name; "professional" is an adjective modifying "organization". It's a professional organization of disc golf, not an organization of professional disc golf. That's not a dodge; that's the intent.

Once upon a time, the membership was polled on the option of a name change, and chose to keep it.

Until recently, the distinction between "pro" and "am" was pretty meaningless; an artificial break between how prizes are awarded to different divisions. That's still true for the great bulk of "professional" players, though perhaps we're getting a small core of top players who can actually be considered "pros".

In the meantime, welcome to disc golf -- a fringe sport/game still small enough to have a single, global organization.

Terry Miller has posted video interviews with all of the PDGA board candidates on his YouTube channel (https://www.youtube.com/c/thediscgolfguy/videos). They range from 15 to 35 minutes. A lot to sift through.

I've managed to listen to four interviews this morning.

Of the four I've heard so far, I think there are some good people looking to be involved in the organization. I will listen to the rest as time permits.

Anything noteworthy stand out to you?

Resume wise, Schreff really stands out if your mindset is to see DG become much more visible to the non DG public.

I honestly don't know what I want as I listen to these interviews and consider what i think is realistic. Actually reading up a bit on the PDGA before picking board members to vote for.

Latest posts