• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

3 disc mvp bag?

Prince Vegeta

Bogey Member
I try to play pretty minimally now. I don't have more than a few discs. Looking for a good driver/mid/putter setup with mvp/axiom/streamline. I throw about 350 ft. I like the ion as a putter so I'll probably use that. I throw 60 % backhand and 40% forehand. I like having discs that can hit any line and having the versatility of throwing then forehand/backhand. I tend to play wooded courses as well. Any suggestions?

I agree with ray. If you are trying to go minimal one do-it-all putter like the Envy and skip the mid.

Yeah. Limiting one's self to a putter, mid, and driver just seems like some overlap with the putter and mid covering very similar shots and bagging one of each in a three disc setup just leaves you one driver. I'd definitely go putter and two drivers for a little more flexibility.

Personally I've been using.. Envy, Uplink, Tesla as a 3 mold combination. It's been a while since I used an ion but it's fairly similar to the envy. I am finding the tesla a little beefy when I'm not taking my most valued 155 pp fizz.

You might want to think about whether a mid truly fits with your 3 disc setup... the ion should cover a lot of it. If the mids gotta be there you could go:
Ion/Hex/insanity

It really depends on your driver of choice, I've been trying the 3 disc and lately I've gone with my relays over teslas, I'm a little out of form but between my beat relay, a fresh and a cosmic I can play that well.

If it's a true 3 disc bag and your ion is good for mid distance you could also go:
Ion/Crave/Wave (insanity/inertia/relay etc)
Ion/Relay/Volt

Thanks everyone. For those of you who put with the envy, how do you like it? It's been a while since I've had one, I remember it being less glidey as a putting putter

Thanks everyone. For those of you who put with the envy, how do you like it? It's been a while since I've had one, I remember it being less glidey as a putting putter

I don't like to putt with the Envy but if I can only have one putter and have to use it for everything then I'll tolerate it and adapt.

There are going to be plenty of compromises with only carrying three discs. You just have to figure out which compromises are agreeable with you.

I have similar distance, but I throw mostly forehand. My top 3 would be

Eclipse Envy
Eclipse Reactor
Neutron Volt

If I could add a few more, I'd throw in a Nomad for putting, a Hex for Hyzer flip mid, and a Zenith for an extra 30' or so over my Volt. Still looking for a go-to max-distance driver from MVP.

Oh, yeah, I forgot to mention the rest of my lineup.
For a putter, I would probably go with the Spin or the Pilot.
For my mid, the Mint Bobcat. :popcorn:

I typically carry at least two envy and often 3.. Soft electron breaks into buttery straight quickly with a ton of glide, gains some ability to turn without flipping after a couple months... plasma or any premium is like a shorter hex. I approach with both but generally putt a 165 plasma or heavy neutron.

It is an amazing one mold choice FH/BH but leaves me a little wanting on the anhyzer turns. That's where I use the uplink as a mid, it doubles for a lot of relay shots, huge distance potential. The wind is mild where I am, I'm using a 180 soft uplink primarily as a straight shooter, with a 177 neutron for touch and flat to anhyzer.

Then the tesla was my driver choice... so I use a stable straight putter, flippyish mid, stable driver. That's the key is to have a mid that fills the gap between the driver and putter with a different flight. I like a hex, great one disc choice but too redundant in an ultra small setup with an envy.

Big bag I would happily take an Envy/Hex/Crave but they are all too similar to work different lines. Kinda like Spin/Uplink/Relay or Ion/Hex/Crave, or Entropy/Pyro/Fireball etc.. You need a selection of discs that cover: Turn/Straight/Fade or US/Neutral-Stable/Stable-OS

FWIW the Relay could cover mid distance to fairway hyzerflip straight or flippy well. I can use it on 150' holes effectively as a stable mid.

Do you have a driver of choice? That might help....

I don't like to putt with the Envy but if I can only have one putter and have to use it for everything then I'll tolerate it and adapt.

There are going to be plenty of compromises with only carrying three discs. You just have to figure out which compromises are agreeable with you.

The strongest suit of the envy is that.. Well.
it thinks its a midrange, it acts like its a midrange. But its a putter.

You can essentially do something weird like Envy, Crave, Tesla.
Or Envy, Tesla, Inertia and.. practically play any course.

Latest posts